TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Anybody remember when the cones were spotted in the parking lot last year? I know someone posted an image with an outline of the area coned off...I can't find it as I go through the past pages. First world problems.

What do you think the likelihood is that the park's website will have a blog post for opening weekend?

I remember seeing that pic too but I can't remember when. I also remember seeing a pic of pavement markings in between enterprise and steel venom. But are you still curious about those cones?

Screenshot_2015-05-14-18-05-17-1.thumb.png.277b07752b7ac2b4b86bc2954ddd223b.png

Is this the photo? This area was blocked off a while back

My guess would be the cones were to mark the flooded zone of the parking lot during the 2014 season.

Probably not, the parking lot was flooded almost all the way up to Steel Venom.

image.thumb.jpg.ce2aea45b90bbb4b2d43e31b0db88451.jpg

Photo from the StarTribune.

I just arrived at valleyfair one thing people might notice the parking went up from $12 to $15.00 this season nice to have the season pass free parking so far the parking lot isnt that busy.

image.thumb.jpg.04eff5a0b1c018e8a6aa3837aa57af1f.jpg

SO wish I was there at opening at 10 but I won't be there until like 4 or 5.. and some of tomorrow for Run and Ride!Anyone who is there early, let us know how the beginning of the day is, I'm sure I'll have a blog post sometime this weekend. Happy opening day everyone!!

Valleyfair opening day. I saw Dave Frazier at Steel Venom. I rode Steel Venom in the once in the back and once in the front running smooth also see if anyone notice once the gates close they have red and green lights by the gates I think that's something new this year. After Steel Venom rode the enterprise before the park open then went to Wild Thing. Something I notice this year Wild Thing seems a lot smoother and it also seems like the chain lift is running faster then last year see if anyone else notices to. After Wild Thing I went to High Roller they did take out a section of the que line is now shorter is there a reason why they did that because on a busy day that one que line is also going to fill fast and with High Roller if you can ride single I think they should take down the (two to a seat sign)? The re tracking on High Roller made it more smooth. After High Roller I went to look at the new slide tower really looks nice new pavement brick path one thing for another water park expansion is take out the midway games and re locate Mad Mouse some were else to make more room for the water park also were they took out the rest rooms by Mad Mouse that one corner of the park which I thought might be crowded for the walk way looks bigger in person. Finally I made it to Renegade. Renegade didn't open till 11:00am Excalibur and Thunder Canyon wasn't open yet. They also did re tracking on Renegade. I also rode Power Tower, Xtreme Swing and Corkscrew. I will be here more this opening weekend it's also going to be humid nice to see the park open.

Edited by ACES

High Roller if you can ride single I think they should take down the (two to a seat sign)?

The sign is there to inform guests that they can't put three or more in a seat. On coasters without seat dividers and with shared lap bars, guests can't see the specified amount of riders per row unless there's a sign or other form of communication. It just works better than having to tell guests after they sit down that there are only two allowed per row.

So I've been kind of dying to know this....Is there anyone FROM Minnesota (or even Iowa or Wisconsin) that has a platinum pass and Valleyfair is your home park? I don't see how it would be worth it unless you have the time to travel to other CF parks throughout the summer. And I haven't heard of anyone having ERT (after closing) unless your a valleyfair employee. I'm just wondering what the benefit is to you if you have one? If I lived in Ohio and close to CP/KI there is no doubt in my mind that I would have one. I'm just a VF gold pass member.

So I've been kind of dying to know this....Is there anyone FROM Minnesota (or even Iowa or Wisconsin) that has a platinum pass and Valleyfair is your home park? I don't see how it would be worth it unless you have the time to travel to other CF parks throughout the summer. And I haven't heard of anyone having ERT (after closing) unless your a valleyfair employee. I'm just wondering what the benefit is to you if you have one? If I lived in Ohio and close to CP/KI there is no doubt in my mind that I would have one. I'm just a VF gold pass member.

Being able to visit all the parks has always been the main draw of the platinum pass. If I'm not mistaken, I think Cedar Point is the only park to to ERT specifically for platinum, and that's probably because they need to in order for it to feel exclusive at all.

Even if you visit another park, unless you do it more than once it's set up so it's still cheaper to buy a day pass for the second park. I've bought day passes to Carowinds, Worlds of Fun, and King's Dominion.

^ I was only there until 2;30 pm but Excalibur was still not running at that time. Thunder Canyon did not have any water in it. Last year they had Excalibur running. TC also had water in it and they were testing but it was not open. A little different this year.

One idea I had when I was at the park they should tear down the ampitheatre and use that land space for a B&M station and make the 170 foot lift hill go over the front entrance/plaza clock tower area and have the track go down were the dinasours alive sits. Having a inverted lift hill going over the front entrance by the clock tower would look really cool I think and then have the brake run go behind depot. Also in that space you could put a B&M dive machine there to. Take out the amiptheatre to make room for a coaster.

Northern lights wasn't open right away how come it doesn't run when the track is wet?

Some new flat rides I would like to see at Valleyfair: Lake Erie Eagles seems like every park has oner or maybe spin cycle ride like the one at Silverwood Theme Park or a Wind Seeker in the back of the park.

Edited by ACES