TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The current plan is to remove Excalibur next year to make way for a parking lot that could be used by season pass holders using Soak City. A further expansion could include moving Looping Star Ship to make way for another wave pool but this is not for sure yet. The CEO is banking on getting bang for his buck from the expansion of Soak City. This is phase 2 of a 3 phase plan for the water park. There are no plans for a coaster at this time, only the removal of Excalibur. They are looking at expanding the dyke to encompass the west side of the park (Thunder Canyon and where Excalibur is now), possibly in a couple years.

The current plan is to remove Excalibur next year to make way for a parking lot that could be used by season pass holders using Soak City. A further expansion could include moving Looping Star Ship to make way for another wave pool but this is not for sure yet. The CEO is banking on getting bang for his buck from the expansion of Soak City. This is phase 2 of a 3 phase plan for the water park. There are no plans for a coaster at this time, only the removal of Excalibur. They are looking at expanding the dyke to encompass the west side of the park (Thunder Canyon and where Excalibur is now), possibly in a couple years.

That's definitely interesting news. Where did you hear that? Do you work at Valleyfair?

^ I'm assuming so, although I've never heard stuff like that from working at vf. I wouldn't know why he or she is releasing that much info (assuming it is true) because wouldn't you get in trouble for releasing company secrets? Another issue, why the heck would they tear down a coaster for a redundant parking lot to be built? Keep in mind that according to garyman that GM Frazier does not want to tear down any coasters at this time.

Edited by valleyfairfanatic

ok, wow! Dont mean to sound sarcastic here but without any proof i have a hard time believing any of this. First, why? Why remove a coaster to build a parking lot? I't would be very difficult to get a permit for it and you would have to build another entrance gate. Next, we dont need another wave pool. You said this is phase two of 3. What was one? Its been many years since the current wave pool. Next, I've personally heard several solid rumors of a new coaster at Valleyfair. And lastly, in order to build a new dike you have to give up land elsewhere or prove that expanding a dike wont increase flooding elsewhere. The hurdles that have to be jumped to build a new dike system are exceedingly difficult. Im not saying it cant be done but it would be very expensive to do!

Im all for healthy conversation but please dont come on this forum and throw out info like its set in stone. Is this your opinion or did you here it from someone?

ok, wow! Dont mean to sound sarcastic here but without any proof i have a hard time believing any of this. . . . . . Im all for healthy conversation but please dont come on this forum and throw out info like its set in stone.

Of all people...

Whaaat? I've always prefaced my statements by saying this was a rumor plus I've never just come out and threw a bunch of "facts" out like they were gospel. Besides, the rumors i speak of i do consider solid. It doesnt mean they will definatly happen but are a good possibility.

What kind of Dippin' Dots have you been smoking?

Valleyfair seems to be placing a lot of emphasis on chef Luis. Anyone else find that interesting?

Luring in lucrative events to host and cater is a smart move. A great chef and great food can be a great draw for getting more people to the park. Imagine corporate events, company family days, weddings even...they have a unique venue that is incomparable in the Twin Cities. I think Valleyfair is playing that well.

I'm just curious to see what garyman6's speculation about Chef Luis is.

I think VF is emphasizing Chef Luis to help advertise the park's food, and they need to make their food look more impressive since most park guests, myself included, think Valleyfair's food is overpriced and inferior to what you can get at most fast food restaurants (who likes paying six dollars for cold French fries?)

So I got to ride all the new slides this morning and I have to say I think they are the perfect fit for Valleyfair. My favorite of all of them are the two twisting drop ones you go so fast down and around the curves. The two straight down drop pods are complely different than the two blue ones surprisingly. I can't wait to ride them again when it is a little warmer out and not rainy and overcast