TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

If you're hinting at something we're definitely supposed to notice...I got nothing. Aside from what we already know was happening, the only changes I see are new food/merchandise options.

In other news around Valleyfair. The 2015 park map has been posted! Usually they don't post till April. Take a look and see if you see anything that looks "out of place" or of interest.

I spy two new Rita's Ice locations and no Subway...Oh! A new leather-engraving shop! Weird! Very good locations for all of those.

And isn't it also weird how small they make the new waterpark addition look on the map. You would think they'd want to draw more attention to it.

The two new Rita's Ice locations are in Route 76 and near the Soak City Entrance. The Mad Mouse restrooms are still on the map, though I'd assume it's just a mistake. They're also bring the basketball game back to Route 76. Ugh, do we need more basketballs bouncing around the park? Let us know if you find anything else worth noting.

457090993_2015ValleyfairParkMap.thumb.jpg.fb257a0e5955909ae58d52f390c6f7b4.jpg

Edited by VF15

Do you suppose we'll be without a Subway for 2015 after all, or is David Frazier's tweet wrong? I can't imagine that Subway would be happy being left off the map.

Well, that tweet was made a long time ago, so I guess it's possible that Valleyfair has dropped Subway since then, which wouldn't bother me since I'm not a big Subway fan.

Do you suppose we'll be without a Subway for 2015 after all, or is David Frazier's tweet wrong? I can't imagine that Subway would be happy being left off the map.

Well, that tweet was made a long time ago, so I guess it's possible that Valleyfair has dropped Subway since then, which wouldn't bother me since I'm not a big Subway fan.

Yeah, I don't really care either because I never eat at the park, way too overpriced.

^

I can't find it either, so I assume they might have deleted their account. If VFZ is indeed dead (they haven't updated their website since Haunt), I don't think it's a big loss because their content is sarcastic/satirical to the point where it's not funny anymore.

Also, is it just me, or are the rest of you not able to see the webcam?

Hey Gary, any developments with a Coaster Craze type event?

On a completly unrelated note, I just reaslized that the tall slides will be taller than four of our roller coasters (Cosmic Coaster, High Roller, Corkscrew, and Mad Mouse).

Just wondering, do you think VF might remove High Roller sometime in the near future? I personally hope it doesn't get removed because it is still a fun ride with some decent thrills despite the trims. They really couldn't replace it with a new coaster since it doesn't take up a lot of space, and I highly doubt they would RMC it because there really isn't much they could do with it. I just have a feeling that they'd remove High Roller before any other coasters (except Excalibur).

I really doubt it. I feel like no park is complete without a classic white wood coaster. High Roller is just intense enough to satisfy the big kids while being accessible to the little kids...I don't know what else they'd put over in Planet Snoopy that could be any more appropriate. High Roller is a perfect backdrop.

Just wondering, do you think VF might remove High Roller sometime in the near future? I personally hope it doesn't get removed because it is still a fun ride with some decent thrills despite the trims. They really couldn't replace it with a new coaster since it doesn't take up a lot of space, and I highly doubt they would RMC it because there really isn't much they could do with it. I just have a feeling that they'd remove High Roller before any other coasters (except Excalibur).

Probably not for decades, if even. It's a classic, it runs well, and is a great medium-intensity ride that almost everyone in the family can enjoy.

Honestly, what tends to disappear from parks are aging Arrows. I don't think that even means anything at this point, but if we're gonna talk about what's most likely to be removed, that would probably be a better start.

Probably not for decades, if even. It's a classic, it runs well, and is a great medium-intensity ride that almost everyone in the family can enjoy.

Honestly, what tends to disappear from parks are aging Arrows. I don't think that even means anything at this point, but if we're gonna talk about what's most likely to be removed, that would probably be a better start.

I agree that the Arrows are more likely to go before High Roller, although I believe S&S still makes Arrow parts, so VF's Arrows should be okay for at least another decade or so. Excalibur would be the obvious choice for removal because it's not popular at all, never runs two trains, closes in September, and is the only coaster on the Fast Lane system. They'll eventually have to remove Corkscrew too, but they should at least wait until VF has a new inverting coaster to do so.

Excalibur is an Arrow, right? If Excalibur goes soon, I would want to see a full circuit steel launcher back there to keep the park's launchers on opposite ends. The park could use an inverting woodie to diversify, but I would not want it in the back of the park because it would seem like the wood coasters are piled up on each other.

I think a compact RMC on the site of the amphitheater would be awesome, especially if Wild Thing's helices pass through the supports several times. It would make both rides that much more thrilling without having to do modification to Wild Thing's track (since it is a contentious idea, but I still want better trains).

I still feel like invert will be on the site of Dinos Alive...orrr Corkscrew's site and use the same station and go around the pond and possibly even to the amphitheater site, but that is really unlikely I think as it would be a very similar set-up to Batman in Great America.

Well maybe High Roller is nearing the end of it's life time but i'm not sure. I don't think they would remove a coaster for a while, all of our coasters are very compact except for Wild Thing and we all know that's not leaving soon. I think at this point they should just expand. Anyone know if that would be a problem?

^

Cedar Fair owns plenty of land north and west of the park as you can see below, but all of that land goes farther into the flood plain (anything above the blue/white line). Even though floods rarely occur during the operating season (2014 was an exception), I think VF would rather take advantage of available areas within the park first before expanding further north and west. We know that they're willing to build attractions in the flood plain, otherwise they wouldn't have built Thunder Canyon, Excalibur, and Renegade where they are, but I doubt that they will ever use all of that land they own.

1096767854_Screenshot2015-03-13at7_32_54PM.thumb.png.4e44b2e2eb11ff69d515596a067433dc.png

Taken from the City of Shakopee website.