TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

What about a Zamperla Giant Discovery? I mean it is Zamperla's take on a HUSS Frisbee, and with Cedar Fair buying a lot of rides from Zamperla lately, a Giant Discovery in my opinion would be more likely than a HUSS Frisbee. The HUSS Frisbee has too many maintenance issues, and when was the last time Cedar Fair (or even Six Flags) bought a brand, new ride from HUSS?

Cool ride, I like how elongated it looks compared to the HUSS. How large a space might it need?

What about a Zamperla Giant Discovery? I mean it is Zamperla's take on a HUSS Frisbee, and with Cedar Fair buying a lot of rides from Zamperla lately, a Giant Discovery in my opinion would be more likely than a HUSS Frisbee. The HUSS Frisbee has too many maintenance issues, and when was the last time Cedar Fair (or even Six Flags) bought a brand, new ride from HUSS?

Cool ride, I like how elongated it looks compared to the HUSS. How large a space might it need?

From the website:

Lenght dimension 37,365 m (122’)

Width dimension 25,236 m (82’)

Height dimension 44,80 m (147‘)

That does look like it would be a good alternative to a HUSS Giant Frisbee. It would be nice for one of those to take over the Amphitheater spot because it would have great curb appeal. Although, if Valleyfair was to get any flat ride from Zamperla, the one I'd like to see the most is an Air Race because they look like a lot of fun, and I've heard nothing but good things about them.

By the way, those that have rode Black Widow at Kennywood and one of the HUSS Frisbees, how do the two compare?

With Black Widow the seats seem a little more comfortable - at least there seems to be a little more elbow room between riders. Delirium and maXair are more confining. Huss models have a large OTSR while Zamperla has a smaller restraint by comparison.

I love both models but if I had to choose I'd easily get the Zamperla Giant Discovery. One other thing - Black Widow does spin in both directions during your ride.

Here's my two cents...for our invert i want to see a afterburner clone.i heard that is probably one of the most intense compact layouts ever , and it would be perfect for valleyfair..location amphitheater. have the entrance go threw the batwing. colors black supports , track dark red, name predator.. if someone could post an aerial pic with the layout that would be great...if valleyfair doesn't go that route i want to see a custom design layout nothing like talon or patriot.sorry WoF fanboys been on it and i have to say i was not impressed...next dinos location i want to see a intamin accelerator something along the lines of storm runner....short compact gives a good punch...Now for flats we need a maxair in wild things turn around were skyscaper use to be. and a chance revolution dont know were to put that...Another possibility since CF is in the idea of moving rides..give us vortex from carowinds. put it out near Ex . put floorless cars on it like their doing to mantis at CP. and their you go. Something cheap , something good. and it will be a great coaster for us , i feel it would do amazing..But those are just my ideas i had. Comments, Suggestions...

^In future posts, please try to use proper grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalization. This is required by the site's Terms of Service, and will make your posts easier to follow. Everyone makes typos from time to time, so we're not calling for "perfection."

Note that I'm not disagreeing with what you said--just the way in which you said it.

I now return you to the Valleyfair thread, which is already in progress. Carry on.

^^

While relocating one of the Vortexes and giving it floorless trains wouldn't be the worst option, if we were to get a floorless coaster, I think it would be a brand new one, though it would likely be a smaller one like Hydra or Batman (SFNE).

A coaster doesn't have to be the tallest or the fastest to deliver a great experience. I just hope whatever we get is designed with love and brings on the thrills. That's honestly why I wouldn't mind getting Carowinds's Vortex...the era it was built in was a great time for B&M, I believe the first Batman ride was opened as SFGAm in the same year--and that is a feisty invert. Vortex would likely have a similar amount of intensity as a floorless conversion, just due to the designers at B&M at the time. It would be like getting a run-down muscle car and souping it up with comfy seats.

I would be happy with something like hydra. I really like the inversion that happens immediately. It's a shame that cedar Fair doesn't work with intamin anymore, we could use something like Maverick to really pack a punch in a small space. For our next coaster B&M is the only option. We need something smooth.

I would be happy with something like hydra. I really like the inversion that happens immediately. It's a shame that cedar Fair doesn't work with intamin anymore, we could use something like Maverick to really pack a punch in a small space. For our next coaster B&M is the only option. We need something smooth.

Would love to see that as well. Looking forward to the day when Valleyfair and Dorney are at the same level!

Would love to see that as well. Looking forward to the day when Valleyfair and Dorney are at the same level!

No, because I would like to see both at higher levels for different things. Valleyfair for inverting roller coasters, and Dorney with custom coasters in general.

Went by Valleyfair this morning, and unfortunately didn't get any construction pictures (couldn't see anything). I think it's interesting to see what the park looks like in a dormant state.

image.thumb.jpg.d4eaf042da2180e9885530598910f8f9.jpg

Steel Venom and RipCord

image.thumb.jpg.610e66b1e1c24b86f1d2ca784450cc3e.jpg

The old sign is still here.

image.thumb.jpg.9af70e1fcb6ba93d463815068937dfb8.jpg

Wild Thing not making my heart sing today.

image.thumb.jpg.c0b98d95faf23d53f09172124c2140ca.jpg

Dormant Mad Mouse and dormant Looping Starship.

image.thumb.jpg.4755aac08af7e2833c843838d0e7adb4.jpg

Excalibur and Renegade's turnaround.

Edited by VF15

Lovely shots, VF15! Reminds me how welcome the colors of the new waterslides will be in the park alongside Mad Mouse. We need that brightness to fight off the gloom of our long winters.

No, because I would like to see both at higher levels for different things. Valleyfair for inverting roller coasters, and Dorney with custom coasters in general.

They can be on the same level even if that level is higher than current Dorney--I certainly don't want any park held back. It will take quite a bit of waterpark growth and another two coasters at least for Valleyfair get to current Dorney level, let alone future Dorney level. And it's not like Valleyfair's market will want such different things.

Right now I'd say Dorney's three inverts are putting them in the category you'd prefer Valleyfair be in. And with the rumors that Valleyfair is holding out for a custom coaster, we may see Valleyfair get more customs than Dorney, especially with our unique building challenges.

I don't really care what parks are better than Valley Fair I know we are a small park but we have some great rides already and the thing I care about most is just making it better, not passing up other CF parks (that would be nice though, don't want to fall to the bottom). I've been thinking what valleyfair needs most right now is a rollercoaster, and next in line would be a nice thrill ride. I feel valleyfair has a great selection of thrill rides for its park size and in this category it ties up with some larger parks, but I think a frisbee or a windseeker would really kick things out of the park, and thats what I really want to see. Changing the subject I don't like how coaster enthusiasts don't see wild thing as anything special. I really think it's layout is awesome and it has lots of air time on that hill after the drop. I do think they should change something about it though, maybe add some themeing in the station or tunnel. Same story with steel venom. I know it is a clone, but coaster enthusiasts just see it as nothing special and I love these impulse coasters, way better than boomerangs. Actually with steel venom being here we might not see an invert as our next coaster, as we can see kings dominion has the same situation. Renegade gets pretty good recognision though, no complaints there... My last thing I thought I'd bring up is everyone talking about removing excalibur. I don't think it is too bad of a ride. Isn't it the third tallest coaster? It is not as rough a ride as corkscrew and some of my friends really like it. I do think something should be done with it though. Maybe add a photobooth and make the area by excalibur and thundercanyon nicer, add flowers or something. Well there you have my opinions. Comments?

^I don't think enthusiasts think Wild Thing is bad, but it is nowhere near as good as some of the more modern mega coasters. The truth is, Wild Thing barely scratches the surface of what a ride of this scale could be. The intensity, primarily, is where this ride falters when compared to similar creations from manufacturers like Intamin or B&M.

Kings Dominion has Volcano, which is unlike any other coaster in the world. Additionally, any new invert Kings Dominion puts in would have to be better than Alpengeist at nearby Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Kings Dominion must compete with one of the best theme parks out there, and invariably those parks will be compared to each other by prospective guests. Not to mention there's Six Flags America closer to the Bal/Wash metropolitan areas and Hershey Park a couple hours north.

Totally different ballgame for Valleyfair, which competes with an indoor mall park that has even tougher space restrictions...but the mall can be open all year round and Nickelodeon Universe benefits from the tourists that flow there for shopping and the aquarium.

All Valleyfair needs are a few high-quality rollercoasters and a fun, thrilling waterpark to keep locals from wandering off to the Dells three hours away. In addition the metro is growing and Valleyfair's potential customer base is growing.

Steel Venom is actually great, especially with the holding brake. It's awesome the park still uses it. But I'm going to disagree with you and say its awesomeness doesn't discount the need for a full-circuit invert.

And on the subject of Wild Thing, it's not great, it's not terrible, and its lack of an impression is its biggest problem. Its low gravity zone is fun and the first drop is too, but then you have a mile of wasted track (except that turnaround above entrance, my favorite part). The best I've heard from others is it's comfortable. I don't ride a rollercoaster to be comfortable, I ride it to be thrilled. And I feel that the trains are a big part of the problem because they inhibit my ability to feel the ride's speed. Again, that is my opinion, but I am certainly not alone.

I don't really care what parks are better than Valley Fair I know we are a small park but we have some great rides already and the thing I care about most is just making it better, not passing up other CF parks (that would be nice though, don't want to fall to the bottom). I've been thinking what valleyfair needs most right now is a rollercoaster, and next in line would be a nice thrill ride. I feel valleyfair has a great selection of thrill rides for its park size and in this category it ties up with some larger parks, but I think a frisbee or a windseeker would really kick things out of the park, and thats what I really want to see. Changing the subject I don't like how coaster enthusiasts don't see wild thing as anything special. I really think it's layout is awesome and it has lots of air time on that hill after the drop. I do think they should change something about it though, maybe add some themeing in the station or tunnel. Same story with steel venom. I know it is a clone, but coaster enthusiasts just see it as nothing special and I love these impulse coasters, way better than boomerangs. Actually with steel venom being here we might not see an invert as our next coaster, as we can see kings dominion has the same situation. Renegade gets pretty good recognision though, no complaints there... My last thing I thought I'd bring up is everyone talking about removing excalibur. I don't think it is too bad of a ride. Isn't it the third tallest coaster? It is not as rough a ride as corkscrew and some of my friends really like it. I do think something should be done with it though. Maybe add a photobooth and make the area by excalibur and thundercanyon nicer, add flowers or something. Well there you have my opinions. Comments?

I like Wild Thing more than most enthusiasts seem to, but I don't adore it like a lot of the GP does. Wild Thing does have intense moments here and there, but it's not all-around intense from start to finish like other hypers such as Raging Bull. Still, I'm glad Valleyfair has Wild Thing and would be sad if it left (likely won't happen for a very long time).

As for Steel Venom, I love that ride too, but I think the reason it doesn't cut it as an invert to most enthusiasts is because it is only a shuttle coaster and does not complete a full curcuit. Valleyfair is the only Cedar Fair park without a full-circuit inverted coaster (except Gilroy Gardens).

Excalibur is not a bad ride, but not a great one either. I personally find Corkscrew to be a smooth ride but to each his own. Excalibur used to have an on-ride photo (before the helix), but has since been removed.

I love these impulse coasters, way better than boomerangs.

No one is arguing that boomerangs are better than impulses.

Maybe add a photobooth by excalibur

It used to have one, but I'm guessing that it just didn't bring in enough money to support it (after all, Excalibur isn't very popular)

Wild thing is not a decent hyper..mamba is better which was suppose to be ours...magnum xl 200 amazing hyper...its just boring, layout is lame.the trim breaks totally wrecked it..it gets way to much hype for nothing.. steel venom which was suppose to be like wicked twister. but they scraped the other twisted end at last minute would had been amazing.ive been on wicked twister and the other twisted end is epic... that is why im really hoping our invert wont be some poor layout...i want something original , compact. gives a good punch..but knowing valleyfair they will pick some lame design...

^I had a really hard time reading your post, could you please use proper spelling and grammar?

but knowing valleyfair they will pick some lame design...

Renegade is NOT a lame design, Wild Thing's turn-around is unique, if some transitions on Excalibur would be fixed it would be a really fun (and comfortable) layout. I'm not seeing where you get this idea that Valleyfair only gets "lame" designs.

^I had a really hard time reading your post, could you please use proper spelling and grammar?

Thank you, but please let the moderators moderate. The user has been warned for a final time about his posting style by the moderating team.