TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Dave Frazier tweeted this picture of some digging going on at the park, but it's not at the waterpark site, it's somewhere near High Roller. Could this mean something, or am I looking too far into this?

image.thumb.jpg.1e8cc1e6c9a97deb5e1961f7032490da.jpg

When I toured the construction site, I don't recall Mr. Frazier mentioning a new bathroom. But I bet we will get a new bathroom along with the expansion. We did talk about the floodplains for quite a while though.When we walked past where those concrete pipings are there were a lot more of them, I meant ALOT more of them. There was around 10 from what I saw

^

I guess it is possible that they could announce a Slingshot for this season since Cedar Point didn't announce theirs until February last year, but the ride itself didn't open until July. Still, if VF does get a slingshot it will probably happen in 2016 or later, and even then, with the height limit, I'm not sure if a Slingshot would be possible. The one place they could definitely put one is at the west end of the park near Excalibur and Thunder Canyon since the height limit isn't in effect there, but a Slingshot there would feel really out of place.

Edited by VF15

Could a slingshot fit in the Wild Thing turnaround?

I recall seeing a height restriction map of Valleyfair somewhere in this thread long ago, and it looked like the restriction was at its lowest in the center of the park, where Wild Thing and Power Tower are, so I think it's possible to put a slingshot closer to the front of the park.

Guys, is it a weird idea to move wheel of fortune to wild thing's turn around then build the station in that spot and the supports can go off into the flood zone. Just something i thought of. And the park seems dead on the path down to 76 and wheel of fortune would bring life to it and it belongs there too because it is a classic family ride like the others in 76.

Sorry guys, I just don't see a slingshot happening when we have the Rip Cord.

Cedar Point and Carowinds both have RipCords and Slingshots (Carowinds will get one this year), so I don't see why RipCord would stop Valleyfair from getting their own Slingshot.

Even ignoring Cedar Fair parks, I can think of multiple parks that have both a Skycoaster and a Slingshot, so I wouldn't put Valleyfair out of the question to get one eventually, especially since it's been labelled as one of the chain's "potential" parks.

I know the chain is pretty much done with Windseekers, but if it were me, I'd "complete" the Route 76 path with one in the Wild Thing turnaround, a Slingshot in the old Chaos space, and some sort of building (game, restaurant, whatever) between Wild Thing and the front spike of Steel Venom so as to hide the parking lot from the midway. When I visited Dorney Park in 2013, I felt the Steel Force plaza seemed really unfinished with only a fence between the midway and the parking lot, and nothing blocking either from view. I've never been to Valleyfair, but looking at Google Street View, it seems like that stretch of fence in that space would give off the same vibe.

It does take away some of the "magic" the long, empty stretch leading to Route 76, and then being right next to your car there or on the way to Steel Venom. And it's rather annoying how far you have to walk when you want to leave the park after riding Steel Venom. Some suggestions have been made about pulling back the whole entrance gate into the parking lot. But I don't see this happening, I don't imagine anyone is going to say "Got to check out that new entrance gate at Valleyfair!". I'm in the camp that I'd rather Valleyfair address some of the issues with boring parts and underutilized land inside the existing fence before they think about expanding out.

Guys, is it a weird idea to move wheel of fortune to wild thing's turn around then build the station in that spot and the supports can go off into the flood zone. Just something i thought of. And the park seems dead on the path down to 76 and wheel of fortune would bring life to it and it belongs there too because it is a classic family ride like the others in 76.

I wouldn't mind seeing wheel of fortune removed altogether to make room to expand the park. Even on the busiest of days I hardly ever see anyone riding it. I could see that area as a midway path over to somewhere near High Roller.

I know the chain is pretty much done with Windseekers, but if it were me, I'd "complete" the Route 76 path with one in the Wild Thing turnaround, a Slingshot in the old Chaos space, and some sort of building (game, restaurant, whatever) between Wild Thing and the front spike of Steel Venom so as to hide the parking lot from the midway. When I visited Dorney Park in 2013, I felt the Steel Force plaza seemed really unfinished with only a fence between the midway and the parking lot, and nothing blocking either from view. I've never been to Valleyfair, but looking at Google Street View, it seems like that stretch of fence in that space would give off the same vibe.

I've never thought of that walkway being that deserted since it is near Enterprise and Wild Thing's turnaround, but I can see where you're coming from. I do agree that a WindSeeker in WT's turnaround and a Slingshot in the old Chaos spot would give that area more life. Of course, a WindSeeker is not likely, but since Cedar Fair relocated one in 2014, maybe not impossible either. Also, once the amphitheater bites the dust, that should probably create enough room for a big, thrilling flat ride. My ideal choice would be a HUSS Giant Frisbee, but it might be something else.

1297670902_Screenshot2015-01-17at7_19_58PM.png.601264b946255ace638c86f620bef329.png

Just a quick question Gary. Now that the new rumor about a possible cedar point dive coaster has arisen, is the rumor you heard about still plausible? Can you give us some info if the dive coaster will thwart our chances of anything good in 2016?

I asked Mr. Frazier pretty much that same question. I mentioned rumors about a dive coaster for CP, and possible coaster rumors for Valleyfair and Michigans Adventure. I asked if he could shed some light on if there is still a possibility of getting a coaster in 2016. He replied back and said "Wow, a lot of rumors" and "No comments from me" Take that how you want, I have some thoughts on it but I'll keep that mum for now