TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ Hard to tell without a description. Come on Dave, help us out! It could be anything from where they are going to put the new water pumps and filters to like you said a possible footings area. Very hard to tell from this. I imagine they want to get the place excavated, water pipes put into the ground and the area's for the pumps and filters built so they can lay concrete before it freezes. Then come spring the slides should arrive to go vertical. Just my guess though, I know nothing about water park construction. The good news is it looks like the early snow is not stopping them at all.

With Canada's Wonderland receiving Wonder Mountain Guardian and Knott's Berry Farm getting their own dark ride in the near future, how likely is it that Valleyfair could see a dark ride addition in the coming seasons? Where would it go and what would it be themed to?

I'd prefer a roller coaster, but dark rides go over well with families and we could use one.

I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the remainder of the CF parks receive dark rides from Triotech in the next 5 years. CGA is a prime candidate for a dark ride as the park won't have to deal with noise OR height related restrictions.

With Canada's Wonderland receiving Wonder Mountain Guardian and Knott's Berry Farm getting their own dark ride in the near future, how likely is it that Valleyfair could see a dark ride addition in the coming seasons? Where would it go and what would it be themed to?

I'd prefer a roller coaster, but dark rides go over well with families and we could use one.

I think that a Triotech dark ride would be a great addition to VF, but they probably wouldn't add one for a few more years since the park has other needs first (new coaster, general improvements, waterpark expansion #2, etc.). If we did get a dark ride, I have no idea what it would be themed to. The only place where I can see them fitting one in is the amphitheater lot, but I'd rather have them use that area for a HUSS Giant Frisbee or some other thrilling flat ride.

Also, I noticed on the far right side of the webcam that there is a Wild Thing train still on the transfer track. I wonder why it hasn't been taken off yet.

image.thumb.jpg.ebd8f29199ee721e5728e03dc30388e4.jpg

Would we even get one, with Ghost Blasters at the MOA, how closely would the public relate the two?

Would we even get one, with Ghost Blasters at the MOA, how closely would the public relate the two?

I feel like that argument has been shown to be pointless time and time again. First, it likely doesn't matter at all. Second, Ghost Blasters at MOA is pretty old-tech by now. If these Triotech rides improve with Knotts' installation, they would likely outdo ghost blasters. Especially if they reach a better blend of sets and screens.

Mind you that Canada's Wonderland has Boo Blasters and Guardian, so in this case, the old "if park A has this nearby then park B won't get it" really doesn't apply. I can see something like a dark ride coming in the future, but probably not for the next few years. I have a feeling a couple more parks are getting dark rides, but if Valleyfair is, it's at the bottom of the list. More than likely Cedar Point will be getting theirs for 2016, so it's going to be a while before any other parks will be getting one.

More than likely, we'll see a coaster before a dark ride at Valleyfair, just saying.

A dark ride at Valleyfair. Okay, let's think about this. I think looking at the placement and theming of the first two rides, it's a safe assumption that you could see Valleyfair's dark ride end up on Route 76. Maybe a wilderness themed big game hunt. Just an opinion.

Stoked to see the completed water park additions so we can start looking for signs for 2016.

Just wondering, do you guys think that, based on the webcam image, they are ripping out that entire stretch of pavement from Planet Snoopy to the former site of the Mad Mouse bathrooms? If so, I think it's great because that is the worst stretch of pavement in the entire park in my opinion (lots of cracks and a bit bumpy), and having it repaved would be much appreciated.

Also, it looks like they're starting to clear the land near the volleyball courts.

image.thumb.jpg.72948c12a1560fd75e51fda1c14ae553.jpg

Just wondering, do you guys think that, based on the webcam image, they are ripping out that entire stretch of pavement from Planet Snoopy to the former site of the Mad Mouse bathrooms? If so, I think it's great because that is the worst stretch of pavement in the entire park in my opinion (lots of cracks and a bit bumpy), and having it repaved would be much appreciated.

Also, it looks like they're starting to clear the land near the volleyball courts.

I think that, as they do renovations and rehabs of different areas around the park, they are phasing in more brick and concrete pavement and removing black asphalt. It seems to be a pattern visible from Google Maps. Planet Snoopy, the entrance, etc. I suspect that remaining asphalt areas will be done as part of larger attraction additions until they are are replaced altogether.

Just asked Mr. Frazier today about running Wild Thing backwards. Unfortunately he said it wasn't designed for that. Bummer! He did say that anything is on the table when I asked about getting intimidater style trains for Wild Thing, it would depend on the engineering costs! What kind of train would everyone like for Wild Thing?

One more thing, I may have some more info about 2016 in the next couple weeks!

Another hint about my last word scramble, the word April is in there. So vf for Valleyfair and april! Get to work!

^^

I don't really think that B&M trains would affect the ride intensity/experience that much, but they sure would be comfortable and feel much more open than the huge Morgan trains.

As for your hint, I think we've all pretty much given up on it .

Just asked Mr. Frazier today about running Wild Thing backwards. Unfortunately he said it wasn't designed for that. Bummer! He did say that anything is on the table when I asked about getting intimidater style trains for Wild Thing, it would depend on the engineering costs! What kind of train would everyone like for Wild Thing?

Another hint about my last word scramble, the word April is in there. So vf for Valleyfair and april! Get to work!

If you have something to share, share it -- this whole "if you want to know what I know then you're going to have to dance for me" crap is very childish. You know the saying by now.

You seem to have a need to be the center of attention. Your story doesn't seem to make sense to me. You seem to be great friends with Mr. Fraizer, and yet you are trying to spoil an upcoming announcement. If you were friends with him one would think that he would be mad at you for putting this information out. Also leakers never mention anyone by name even if they aren't your source as you don't want to bring added attention to them. I could be wrong but you are coming off as someone who just wants the attention and is saying vague things that many believe will happen to make it seem like you know. If I am shown to be wrong I will apologize for me doubting you.

^^

SPOT ON! That's exactly how I feel when he posts in this thread. He always has to name drop - just in case we forgot that he is "friends" with Mr. Frazier. If you have news and can share it, share it. Otherwise STFU already and sit on the interesting tidbits you have been given like the rest of us do. He is not the only one that has insiders to parks. The difference is that most of us that do have insiders don't feel the need to do the whole "I know something you don't know" crap.

^^

SPOT ON! That's exactly how I feel when he posts in this thread. He always has to name drop - just in case we forgot that he is "friends" with Mr. Frazier. If you have news and can share it, share it. Otherwise STFU already and sit on the interesting tidbits you have been given like the rest of us do. He is not the only one that has insiders to parks. The difference is that most of us that do have insiders don't feel the need to do the whole "I know something you don't know" crap.

QFT.

You're all on a wild goose chase. Either that or he won't have "sources" for long because if he really does know things, he's being terribly irresponsible.

What kind of train would everyone like for Wild Thing?

Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood has nice trains that look compatible with Wild Thing. Otherwise has anyone heard how the trains on the new Lightning Run feel? I like their minimalist, low profile look. I'm thrilled at the idea of new trains on Wild Thing. More than the mcbr they ruin the ride for me. I want the new trains to be something open and thrilling. Just a lap bar if possible!

I'm starting to agree with CaliforniaPinto and Fingers on this one. If garyman6 has news about 2016, he should just spill it if he's able to. Or just go by the old saying: Those that know don't tell, and those that tell don't know.