TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'm going to the haunt on Sunday does the park still open a 1/2 earlier for platinum season pass holders? Park opens at 11:00am.

Im sorry but valleyfair doesn't do haunt on sundays

They do have Planet Snoopy from 11:00 to 7:00 which is WAY better than Haunt. If you want to do Haunt you have to go on either a Friday or a Saturday.

We took a trip to Valleyfair yesterday night for Haunt. It was overall a very fun day. We got there at around 6, and it was absolutely deserted. Absolutely nobody was there. So I used my common sense and we headed for Renegade first. It was a walk on! It was great. We then went to Wild Thing and had an amazing experience in the back seat. Lots of airtime. When Haunt started at 7, we went to Zombie High school first, and I can tell you that this was the 3rd time I've been to Haunt this year, and it was the best maze I've ever been through. As the night went on, people started to flow in. Then the fun halted to a stop as the lines for rides were insanely long. Wild Things queue was full. I've never seen it so packed before. The temperatures got bitterly cold too, almost freezing temp. My friends didn't want to wait in line for an hour to ride rides, so we hit a few more mazes and waited miserably in line for Xtreme Swings and Power Tower. We then decided to head out. So we got a ride on Steel Venom and then left. It was still a fun night overall. The cold just really got to us. There is one thing about valleyfair that bothers me everytime I visit, and that is the lack of rides and coasters. We felt bored after riding all the rides once, and I can't wait till we get a new coaster because it's needed badly. If ValleyFair gets a new coaster, preferably an invert, and a new kickbutt flat ride, preferably a giant Frisbee, it would really round out the park, and make it much more enjoyable. Does anyone agree with me?

^

Yes, a B&M invert and a HUSS Gaint Frisbee would really round out VF's thrill ride lineup. With those additions, the trill ride lineup still wouldn't be on par with that of parks like Carowinds, KI, or CW, but they would centrainly improve the park a great amount. I agree that it is starting to get frustrating waiting this long for a new coaster, but at least I have Renegade to hold myself over until then .

Just a small update on what's going on in the park from what I saw. Restroom 9 (Mad mouse restroom) destruction has started. It is locked up and all the signs on it have been removed. The games island by hydroblaster's lot is also closed down. The construction cams are up as well. Lots of progress over the week!

Just checked the park website, and they officially have the webcam back up. I don't know what it's focused on because it's dark right now, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I have a feeling that we could probably be seeing a similar construction timeline to that of Route 76, where most of the construction took place before the first major snowfall and after most of the snow melted. It should be interesting to see how things progress this offseason.

image.thumb.jpg.3eab2c7f93ad435a437883b7866654ef.jpg

Update: It is now apparent that the webcam is focused on the volleyball courts/soon-to-be Barefoot Beach. You can also see the Mad Mouse restroom, Games Island, and Dining Patio, so we can also see when those are officially gone.

image.thumb.jpg.3eab2c7f93ad435a437883b7866654ef.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.3474ed5d302b7e1fce6b5a155c7ec94e.jpg

So garyman6, when will you be giving us our next hint? We need things to speculate about! Lol

Patience children, Patience! HaHa!

If you knew what I've heard you'd all be.................................._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So garyman6, when will you be giving us our next hint? We need things to speculate about! Lol

Patience children, Patience! HaHa!

If you knew what I've heard you'd all be.................................._____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Is that supposed to be a hint in itself? The logical ending to this sentence would be "excited", or something along the lines of it. At this point, a new coaster or a thrilling flat ride are the only two thing that would make VF fans excited, so hopefully my assumption is correct in that garyman6's rumor is about a coaster or a flat ride.

^ I don't know anything, I am just taking a guess at garyman6's clue. I think since plans have 'changed' that it might not be a good thing. Since a new coaster is usually planned at least a couple of years in advance.

I have the same feeling, like there was one on the drawing board for VF in 2016, but now something has changed. I sure hope I'm wrong, and we get that new B&M invert in 2016!!

One last bit of very interesting information. We were talking about Cedar Fairs comments on Valleyfair being a top growth park. Of course he can't say much but it sounds like corporate is please with Valleyfair's performance despite the floods earlier in the year. He also said that if you had asked him what was coming to Valleyfair in 2016 he could have probably told you what was coming but he said that has now changed. What that exactly means is anybody's guess but we can speculate. That's all I can remember right now. I'll post more later and I still owe another hint from rumors that I have heard for 2016.

If you look carefully at how he worded it, he might have been suggesting that Mr. Frazier's originally had plans for spilling more beans on 2016 to garyman6 when he last saw him, but he isn't allowed to now. However, that's just speculation and I'm probably wrong .

Here is the latest shot from the VF construction web cam of the old corporate patio and Subway being demolished (at the top of the picture). It started this morning and they are really moving along. Guess they have too so they can have it all cleaned up (or at least clean enough to permit park visitors) by Friday for Haunt.

375188888_CoporatePatio.thumb.jpg.790fe548c6ce5e83a31998ca9f2a1842.jpg

The old patio and Subway making way for the water park expansion.

^ I don't know anything, I am just taking a guess at garyman6's clue. I think since plans have 'changed' that it might not be a good thing. Since a new coaster is usually planned at least a couple of years in advance.

That is how I feel too after taking a guess and trying to read in between the lines. GM Frazier saying things have 'changed' means there was SOMETHING in place already for 2016 and now it has changed. And like you said it usually takes about 2 years for a coaster to be designed, planned and built so was it a maybe a coaster that he was talking about? Unfortunately I have no idea but it does not sound good. If it was good you think you would have said, "Plans have changed and your going to really like them!" or something to that effect but he didn't. Then again, he could just be playing it safe and not saying much due to his corporate bosses. 2016 being the 40th anniversary of the park would have been a nice time to add a new coaster since it will have been 9 years since the last one was built. The one question I have is when is the Dino's contract officially up? Translation: When can the park get rid of the attraction and put a coaster there? The only positive speculation I can muster is that there was a coaster on the way for 2016 but then they decided to delay it until the Dino contract was up (2017, 2018, 2019?) so they could put the new coaster up front and redesign the entrance of the park (supporting rumors from park employees this year) like they did with CP (Gatekeeper) and now CW (Fury 325).

One last bit of very interesting information. We were talking about Cedar Fairs comments on Valleyfair being a top growth park. Of course he can't say much but it sounds like corporate is please with Valleyfair's performance despite the floods earlier in the year. He also said that if you had asked him what was coming to Valleyfair in 2016 he could have probably told you what was coming but he said that has now changed. What that exactly means is anybody's guess but we can speculate. That's all I can remember right now. I'll post more later and I still owe another hint from rumors that I have heard for 2016.

If you look carefully at how he worded it, he might have been suggesting that Mr. Frazier's originally had plans for spilling more beans on 2016 to garyman6 when he last saw him, but he isn't allowed to now. However, that's just speculation and I'm probably wrong .

If Mr. Frazier said he could have spilled the beans then, but that has changed. In my opinion that sounds like more evidence of a coaster. If he could have spilled the beans, I bet it wouldn't be that spectacular. I mean you wouldn't have a need to keep a year of general improvements a secret. It would be pointless. Now that they can't say what's happening may suggest that we are actually getting a coaster. Obviously they wouldn't want to keep it a secret if we are getting a coaster in 2016. Thats how I look at it at least. More of an improvement, then a cancellation