TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I forgot to mention in my previous haunt post that I got to go into a skeleton key room. I didn't get to experience it, but I did get a good look of the asylum skeleton key, there was 2 really nasty toilets (I'm assuming you'll have to stick your hand in one to get a key or something)

So... what a plumber runs into on a daily basis. Seems legit.

GM Dave Frazier just tweeted this pic. Looks like construction is starting on the new slide complex.
@GMVFDave: Proper burial for Hydro Blaster???? or ground breaking ceremony for new slide tower???

Im shocked they got rid of hydroblaster. The one at MIA is popular and fun!

GM Dave Frazier just tweeted this pic. Looks like construction is starting on the new slide complex.
@GMVFDave: Proper burial for Hydro Blaster???? or ground breaking ceremony for new slide tower???

Im shocked they got rid of hydroblaster. The one at MIA is popular and fun!

MIA has little to offer so of course it would be.

Was just doing some speculating, and I was considering the possibility of RipTide getting removed. I know that it's only 9 years old, but it really isn't that popular of a ride, as I rarely see more than a one cycle wait, and it isn't on the Fast Lane pass. Plus, it's probably has the worst reliability of any thrill ride at the park. It didn't open until the second week of June this season. Also, not to mention that it isn't very friendly to males. I know GM Frazier says he doesn't want to lose any rides right now, but they may have to remove some in a few more years, and I just feel that RipTide might be considered. Thoughts?

image.jpg.40d4ca0117759e0424e4bc54edd48d41.jpg

RipTide?

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually really enjoy Riptide. I'd rather see Enterprise go.

I personally hope that they don't touch Enterprise. That's a personal favorite of mine. I guess that Enterprise probably will get removed before RipTide, since it is one of the oldest rides in the park, but I don't see them removing it until it starts having bad reliability problems.

What Valleyfair should do is move the enterprise over by were the old tilt a whirl use to sit by Wild Thing fill some of the open grass areas maybe re paint it and were enterprise is put a giant max air ride like at Cedar Point 150 feet. I've been on the one at Cedar Point and Kings Island. Also were the old scrambler use to sit since its just benches and a big circle why not add a new Lake Erie Flying Eagles like at Cedar Point doesn't take up to much space. On a hot day I consider keeping Rip Tide because Valleyfair doesn't have a lot of water rides to get wet on. I've also enjoyed Rip Tide with out the water being on. If I'm Valleyfair right now don't move or take out any rides. By the way doesn't GM Dave read these forums for ideas for Valleyfair?

Now that Cedar Fair is bringing back the floorless coaster with Mantis' transformation into Rougarou, maybe a new small floorless coaster could be a bigger possibility. As I've said before, a floorless coaster at VF would be perfect because it's what VF needs: a modern steel inverting coaster. Of course, it would likely be like Hydra, and it probably wouldn't be as thrilling as Kraken, but I would certainly take one.

Was just doing some speculating, and I was considering the possibility of RipTide getting removed. I know that it's only 9 years old, but it really isn't that popular of a ride, as I rarely see more than a one cycle wait, and it isn't on the Fast Lane pass. Plus, it's probably has the worst reliability of any thrill ride at the park. It didn't open until the second week of June this season. Also, not to mention that it isn't very friendly to males. I know GM Frazier says he doesn't want to lose any rides right now, but they may have to remove some in a few more years, and I just feel that RipTide might be considered. Thoughts?

I think it might be more popular without the water element. I love the style of ride, but I would rather not take the Ice Bucket Challenge this way.

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually really enjoy Riptide. I'd rather see Enterprise go.

I personally hope that they don't touch Enterprise. That's a personal favorite of mine. I guess that Enterprise probably will get removed before RipTide, since it is one of the oldest rides in the park, but I don't see them removing it until it starts having bad reliability problems.

I have to agree, Enterprise is one of my favorite rides in the park. I love the amount of freedom you have without any restraints and the forces are strong. It also is fairly reliable (at least I don't see it down much) so I don't see a reason for it to go, I would much rather see Riptide die before Enterprise.

Now that Cedar Fair is bringing back the floorless coaster with Mantis' transformation into Rougarou, maybe a new small floorless coaster could be a bigger possibility. As I've said before, a floorless coaster at VF would be perfect because it's what VF needs: a modern steel inverting coaster. Of course, it would likely be like Hydra, and it probably wouldn't be as thrilling as Kraken, but I would certainly take one.

Like the size of batman at sfne?

Hi fellow Minnesotans,

A friend and I are planning to go to Valleyscare this Saturday. For those who have been in the past, what should we expect for lines? We thought going the first day Valleyscare is open would be a better bet. Should we plan to get fast passes for the haunts? Are there certain haunts that are not to be missed?

Thanks!

Mark

Hi fellow Minnesotans,

A friend and I are planning to go to Valleyscare this Saturday. For those who have been in the past, what should we expect for lines? We thought going the first day Valleyscare is open would be a better bet. Should we plan to get fast passes for the haunts? Are there certain haunts that are not to be missed?

Thanks!

Mark

Lines really depend on the weather, since it's the first Saturday though I wouldn't imagine them being too bad, probably 20-30 mins? Fright Lane is totally up to you, but it would get you to skip the lines for each maze once and it would get you in the exclusive "Skeleton Key" rooms. I've never needed one before, but I'm getting one this year one night, specifically for the Skeleton Key. As far as the Haunts, I haven't experienced every maze, but I certainly recommend Chateau du Damne and Zombie High, as well as the scarezones. I've also heard The Asylum and Bloodshed are ones to not miss, however depending on the crowds you may very well be able to experience them all, especially if you end up doing Fright Lane. I also highly recommend checking out "Hacks! Live Dudes", the improv show in the Galaxy Theatre- it's a nice break from the scares and the chilly outside weather, and the shows are always hilarious. Have a great time, and let us know how opening night was- I'm super bummed I can't make it.