2 I's

1 K

3 L's

3 N's

2 O's

3 R's

4 S's

1 T

31 total letters, an average of 6.167 letters per word.

Going out on a whim and saying that the first word is "the".

You're killing me Gary

O.K. another hint.

Something important happened on the day that (direerconkbshiaglslolstsenenara) opened. What was it? and what else happened? You need to unscramble the letters to form 5 words. Good Luck!

I have absolutely no idea. This is going to be tormenting me for the next year .

Sigh...

image.thumb.jpg.944b3db23bb8e7e954990bfea7ea45fa.jpg

Oh my god! This is brilliant, Gary, but one of the most frustrating puzzles I've ever attempted to solve. I'm fairly good with anagrams, and in general, the English language, but I'm stumped as of now.

I've exhausted nearly roller-coaster related term, whether it be "FLOORLESS," "INVERT," "GIGA," "BOLLIGER AND MABILLARD," "INTAMIN," "ROCKY MOUNTAIN CONSTRUCTION," "PREMIER," "SIX FLAGS," "CEDAR FAIR," and more. I also tried the names of all of the Cedar Fair parks, and only one fits. I've tried the names of every roller coaster I could possibly think of, and while some fit, they obviously don't make up 5 words or 31 characters, even when paired with a park name or manufacturer as a logical sentence would have it.

So far, the only thing that actually fits is "BANSHEE AT KING'S ISLAND," which would make sense in the context of the hint sentence, but what would the other word be? I'm totally lost!

"BANSHEE AT KING'S ISLAND," which would make sense in the context of the hint sentence, but what would the other word be? I'm totally lost!

*Drool*

This is awesome, feels like I'm trying to decipher clues for the STP Winter-carnival medallion, except oddly, the prospect of figuring this "puzzle" out is even more exciting, to me.

Gary- I was actually going to ask if anyone here had been to the Wilderness in the last year or so, in my last post but I got the dreaded "blue screen of death" right before I could hit "submit". I was scanning the dells on Google Earth a few days ago and couldn't believe how massive that place has gotten. How were the other amenities there overall? Also, how many individual "water parks" did they have? From G.E the whole complex looks like an amazing twisted labyrinth of indoor/outdoor slides, snaking throughout the resort. I'm thinking I might stay there next time I'm in town.

^

Nice thinking, Lightning9SX. If you're right, maybe garyman6 is hinting at a B&M invert (which Valleyfair needs badly) . If he's not hinting at an invert, did something else big happen on the day that Banshee opened?

Also, Dave Frazier tweeted a picture of some apparent storm damage from yesterday in Dinosaurs Alive. Too bad the storm didn't destroy the Dinos along with this tree .

image.thumb.jpg.d8ee7e816a5fab1b0bf934a9f5a08550.jpg

Edited by VF15

YES! It's totally "BANSHEE ROLLER COASTER KING'S ISLAND"! Great work, everyone.

So far, the avalanche on Mount Everest and the attached photo are the only event of significance I can find.

The worst part is that even if we're correct, I don't think that Gary will tell us... I'm going on a limb and officially predicting that 2016 will bring the grand opening of a snow/ice themed B&M Invert, because dragon theming is unoriginal. This type of theming would make sense for an amusement park located in Minnesota. (For those of you have never been, yes, it gets extremely cold in the winter, but we do NOT live in igloos. )

image.jpg.c1559a90312925d21de097e6f231456c.jpg

Edited by huntasha

I'm going on a limb and officially predicting that 2016 will bring the grand opening of a snow/ice themed B&M Invert, because dragon theming is unoriginal. This type of theming would make sense for an amusement park located in Minnesota. (For those of you have never been, yes, it gets extremely cold in the winter, but we do NOT live in igloos. )

I like your thinking, but the theming idea isn't completely original because there is already a B&M invert with snow/ice theming (Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg). If we get an invert, I think Falcon would be a good choice for a name. I actually heard that VF actually had plans to build a B&M invert in the early-2000's called Falcon: Bird of Prey, but for some reason, the plans fell through, and we got Steel Venom instead. As much as I like Steel Venom, I would rather have gotten the B&M invert. I'm not sure how true this is, but I also remember seeing somewhere that Hydra: The Revenge was supposed to come to VF and be put in the place where Renegade is now, but it went to Dorney Park instead. I don't understand why CF hasn't been willing to give Valleyfair a B&M in the past, but hopefully that might change in the next few years.

Well, I have to say I am officially impressed! Everyone worked together and solved the 5 word phrase. It is Kings Island Banshee Roller Coaster! The second part though has not been solved. What else of importance happened that day? Go back to my other two hints and that may help you. This may help, the thing that happened is part of the rumor.

I have to clarify something though. I do not have official knowledge of any new attraction. What I am hinting about comes from a reliable source of which I can't reveal. Also, the rumors I am hinting about have been backed up with known knowledge that we have all been talking about as well as knowledge that my source has been telling me.

Having said that we all know that literally in just 17 days or less we will know what is coming next year. I am predicting a major waterpark makeover complete with new name. I am making the prediction based on all of your input as well as what I have learned while talking with Mr. Frazier. I am also predicting a major attraction for 2016 based on the fact that Cedar Fair has named Valleyfair as a major growth park! I wouldn't be surprised to see a major attraction for 2017 either.

For all you haunt fans out there, there is an event going on for employees which allows us to go in the mazes before they open to the general public, I'll give a very in depth review of them around the 14th 15th. As for gary's hint I looked up what happened on april 18 2014, here is what I got. 16 sherpas were killed in an avalanche on mount everest. Could he be hinting that the coaster's name will be Avalanche? I'm not sure if this is a coincidence or not but I recommend the name Avalanche to Mr.Frazier around late may. Speculations?

I'm going on a limb and officially predicting that 2016 will bring the grand opening of a snow/ice themed B&M Invert, because dragon theming is unoriginal. This type of theming would make sense for an amusement park located in Minnesota. (For those of you have never been, yes, it gets extremely cold in the winter, but we do NOT live in igloos. )

I like your thinking, but the theming idea isn't completely original because there is already a B&M invert with snow/ice theming (Alpengeist at Busch Gardens Williamsburg). If we get an invert, I think Falcon would be a good choice for a name. I actually heard that VF actually had plans to build a B&M invert in the early-2000's called Falcon: Bird of Prey, but for some reason, the plans fell through, and we got Steel Venom instead. As much as I like Steel Venom, I would rather have gotten the B&M invert. I'm not sure how true this is, but I also remember seeing somewhere that Hydra: The Revenge was supposed to come to VF and be put in the place where Renegade is now, but it went to Dorney Park instead. I don't understand why CF hasn't been willing to give Valleyfair a B&M in the past, but hopefully that might change in the next few years.

Well, no, a snow/ice-themed Invert certainly would not be 100% original, but it would certainly be better than one with dragon-themed, which has to be one of the most tried and tired ride themes out there.

Well, I have to say I am officially impressed! Everyone worked together and solved the 5 word phrase. It is Kings Island Banshee Roller Coaster! The second part though has not been solved. What else of importance happened that day? Go back to my other two hints and that may help you. This may help, the thing that happened is part of the rumor.

I have to clarify something though. I do not have official knowledge of any new attraction. What I am hinting about comes from a reliable source of which I can't reveal. Also, the rumors I am hinting about have been backed up with known knowledge that we have all been talking about as well as knowledge that my source has been telling me.

Having said that we all know that literally in just 17 days or less we will know what is coming next year. I am predicting a major waterpark makeover complete with new name. I am making the prediction based on all of your input as well as what I have learned while talking with Mr. Frazier. I am also predicting a major attraction for 2016 based on the fact that Cedar Fair has named Valleyfair as a major growth park! I wouldn't be surprised to see a major attraction for 2017 either.

Gary, if we do solve this correctly, are you even going to tell us?

Guess what also happened on April 18, 2014? Holiday World confirmed the removal of their flume drop ride. Will The Wave be removed to make way for a new attraction towards the park's front gate? Seems plausible to me.

image.jpg.95d45baaa164804ca238447f3ecfdc4d.jpg

m not sure how true this is, but I also remember seeing somewhere that Hydra: The Revenge was supposed to come to VF and be put in the place where Renegade is now, but it went to Dorney Park instead. I don't understand why CF hasn't been willing to give Valleyfair a B&M in the past, but hopefully that might change in the next few years.

I have read the same but don't know how true it is. It wouldn't surprise me though, until they officially announce an attraction they can always change their mind at the last minute and put it somewhere else.

Went to VF today and got a little stuck in Wild Thing again. It was running two cars and the first car was stuck just outside the loading station when it stopped our train short of the turn and just behind the station. It was only a 3-5 minute delay but that is the third time in the last four rides that the ride has had some sort of problem when I ride it. First time About 5 weeks ago it did not get out of the station and they asked us to get off after being seated. Second visit the ride worked fine. The third visit was when I got stuck on the top of the lift hill and now today. Anyone else having these types of mechanical issues when riding WT this year or am I just having a bad run? Hopefully it gets some love in the off season on that motor. The good news was that Renegade rode like a well oiled machine and delivered two fantastic rides. Better than normal.

On another note, Cedar Point is going to announce their 2015 attraction tomorrow. Hopefully VF will make an announcement later this week with what most believe will be a water park expansion. I would be surprised if it wasn't and I am just looking to see how big of an expansion it will be now.

^

I've noticed Wild Thing getting stopped on the lift hill several times this season, but I've fortunately never been on it when it happened. There have also been a lot of times this season I've seen Renegade stopped on the lift hill, but those were much more brief. Maybe when they are that brief, they're probably telling someone to put away their camera. However, if these are really mechanical problems, I hope they do get taken care of over the offseason.