TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

O.K. I spoke with my source today to get an update on 2016. I hate to disappoint but I can't reveal anything new at this point. However, keep checking back as this message may change. So, I leave you with this. If January brough us "Snow and Cold" and Feburary brought us "Love In The Air" and March brought us "The Luck of The Irish", then what did April bring? Hmmmm? Have fun with this one!

You are absolutely killing me, Gary! I totally get why you can't reveal much, though.

This riddle is going to kill me even more. Obviously, the first things to come to mind are rain showers and Easter eggs. I'm so bad at this kind of thing. Ideas, anyone?

HaHa! Believe me, I wish I could say something but out of respect for my source I just can't right now.

O.K. I spoke with my source today to get an update on 2016. I hate to disappoint but I can't reveal anything new at this point. However, keep checking back as this message may change. So, I leave you with this. If January brough us "Snow and Cold" and Feburary brought us "Love In The Air" and March brought us "The Luck of The Irish", then what did April bring? Hmmmm? Have fun with this one!

April Fools? The Easter Bunny? I really have no idea. Maybe he is hinting at what the name of the new coaster could be. Maybe the coaster will be named after something April-related, but I can't think of what it would be. VF certainly wouldn't name a coaster after the Easter Bunny .

April Showers bring May flowers? Gary, is Valleyfair really getting a major attraction for 2016 season? I spoke with GM Dave last week said announcement is coming for the 2015 season and wont say what and not going to say anything for next year either. GM Dave also said Valleyfair is not going to remove any rides or rollercoasters. I could also seem them possibly relocating some rides different areas of the park. I think they should relocate the enterprise and put it over by were the old tilt a whirl by Wild Thing use to sit re paint the enterprise and in the enterprise sport put a 150 foot max air ride at the front of the park and were the old scrambler use to sit put a new Lake Erie Flying Eagles like at Cedar Point perfect spot for it new thrill ride ideas. And get rid of the old toll lane booths and make new toll lane entrances like the ones at Carowinds.

Edited by xACEx

If said source is legitimate, we will know in a little over a year from now. If Gary spills the beans, source will probably be fired from whatever position they are in by violating some sort of confidentiality agreement.

And if we are going to start guessing names, I will say Pterodactyl for a new Invert. It fits with other Cedar Fair "Birds of Prey". The station will be located near Dinosaurs Alive and will interact with a new entrance plaza at the front of the park. Great, now I have Jurassic Park music stuck in my head, ugh.

I'll just leave this here....

I'm loving some of the "I know stuff already" bragging I'm seeing, as though that makes someone think they are better than the next person, or will get them laid or whatever. The old saying of "Those than know, don't tell, and those that tell, don't know (or at least won't have industry friends for very long.)" most certainly applies here.

I spoke with GM Dave last week said announcement is coming for the 2015 season and wont say what and not going to say anything for next year either. GM Dave also said Valleyfair is not going to remove any rides or rollercoasters. I could also seem them possibly relocating some rides different areas of the park and get rid of the old toll lane booths and make new toll lane entrances like the ones at Carowinds.

So GM Dave said no ride removals for 2015 and 2016? That means the Looping Starship stays then, hopefully they move it at least because that takes space away from the water park expansion and leaves less 'new water slide hotness' space then. And if they are not removing any coasters (CS or Excalibur) then they need to create a new space if the park is to get a new coaster which kind of supports what valleyfairfantic said of employees talking about a new entrance and we have seen what CF has done with Gatekeeper for CP and now Fury 325 for Carowinds. Maybe VF could be next, let's hope so. We need to see how big this water park expansion is before we dream that big. Come 2016 it will have been 9 years since the last coaster addition and CF has never waited this long to add one to VF so the park is due. Next time someone talks with GM Dave ask him if the carousal maybe gets restored this year like he hinted at or if he can say anything about the new sign permit they applied for back in July with the city. A new sign would be needed for a new entrance.

It bugs me that we can't know but I do respect Gary's reasons for not telling, and plus, I like surprises! I haven't seen anything going on back there because I haven't gone on high roller in a couple of weeks. I'm sure they're starting to set up stuff. I noticed the games by mad mouse have closed and are constructing the bloodshed

I'll just leave this here....

I'm loving some of the "I know stuff already" bragging I'm seeing, as though that makes someone think they are better than the next person, or will get them laid or whatever. The old saying of "Those than know, don't tell, and those that tell, don't know (or at least won't have industry friends for very long.)" most certainly applies here.

This!

The saying "April Showers bring may flowers" Might apply here. Maybe the 2016 attraction will have a storm themed name? Just a thought. Or garyman could be completely pulling out leg because april fools also takes place in april. (Thank you captain obvious)

Nothing but more demolition happens for next year and the new waterpark expansion is in 2016? Or it's in two phases with new slides for next year and a tipping bucket family play area for 2016? Or after the big expansion next year we get "infrastructure upgrades" with some more paving stones and flower planters for 2016?

I wish Gary man could just tell us! Ugh. Haha well he has something that we don't know about, and it's killing me. Any new updates on the haunt structure?

I'm pretty sure I saw a queue area when I was on the High Roller. Other than that, it still looks a lot like a tent.

I just checked the website and now it has a picture of a kid eating BBQ instead of Excalibur so that must have been a webmaster mistake. Or maybe they did It intentionally just to mess with us coaster geeks.

Edited by RCjunkie

I can confirm what "ACE" said on page 211. Mr. Frazier also told me he does not want to loose any coasters. But that was back in May. Now he is saying rides in general. That doesn't mean they cant move a ride but it does sound like CS and Excalibur are staying put. I actually think Excalibur is a fun ride but it could use some themeing and updating to make it more attractive.

I can also assure everyone that I am not pulling the steel wool over the bull! Now keep in mind that it is still a rumor. But with all the facts that I have learned about the rumor, it doesn't seem likely to be "just" a rumor.

Edited by garyman6