TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Excited for the changes! Anybody else have input on haunt 2014?

Thanks for sharing Bmckenziee but where did you get this information for new Haunt attractions? I am not a big Haunt guy but this looks to be some nice additions if they were added to the park.

^

Haven't been on any of those coasters, but I hear lots of great things about Afterburn. If you're suggesting that one of them would be relocated to VF, it would be great, but it probably won't happen.

Lol I know that they won't be relocated, but if ValleyFair were to get a clone of one of them. Suprisingly, afterburn only costs 10.5m, which is odd because both Patriot and talon cost more, but I heard afterburn is the better ride.

Afterburn would be my first choice, but I think Valleyfair needs a better invert than that, and afterburn, from what I've heard, is good. That's how bad valley fair needs a coaster. I could see a smoother alpengeist style invert coming, maybe. I think relocating an invert to valleyfair would be nice, but all of those mentioned were from parks that really need them to have a solid lineup, with the exception of carowinds. However, carowinds is also supposed to be a growing park, and they need afterburn to really solidify a big three by 2015. But all in all, afterburn would be fine at either park, just better at carowinds.

I think that we need an invert at around the price tag of 18-20m. We do really need one, I mean Valleyfair has awesome coasters and all, but we need a great steel invert as our ninth coaster. That would definetly attract more people to our park, and with this significant growth being labeled on our park, I don't think it ms unreasonable at all. I mean carowinds is most likely getting a GigaCoaster for 2015, so I hope 2016 is our turn to show off a new coaster.

I would love to get something like Dimondback, but since we have wild thing I don't see that happening. A GigaCoaster would be amazing, but we have a height restriction, and Valleyfair is not a big enough park for one. Maybe one day in like 20 years when gigas are as common as hypers, but not anytime soon. I am really waiting for this invert though, I mean it's like the one thing that Valleyfair needs most. I would like to see something a little bigger than falcon or patriot, but obviously not as big as like Banshee.

Parts of Valleyfair have a height restriction according to an interview I read on Valleyfairzone a while back, so 275 isn't necessarily the limit.

As much as I would love a giga coaster, I don't think it will happen at Valleyfair anytime soon because Cedar Fair would probably bring giga coasters to larger parks like Kings Island, Knott's, or maybe even Dorney before they build one at the smaller parks. Even though Valleyfair is slated for significant growth, hoping for a giga coaster might be setting yourself up for disappointment if you ask me.

I was in no way implying I wanted a giga coaster, I never even mentioned roller coasters in my post. If Valleyfair decided to add an attraction of significant height (Windseeker, Slingshot) they easily could, as the height restriction doesn't encompass the entire park.

If you guys had to pick one coaster to come to Valleyfair, would you choose Patriot, Talon, or Afterburn??

All of those coaster may be good coasters, but Valleyfair needs a new coaster that is unique. Mr. Frazier told me himselft that he is really pushing for a unique layout and not just a clone. Something unique is what will attract more people.

On another exciting note; I asked Mr. Frazier if he was in a position to confirm a waterpark expansion or makeover for next year and. He replied back to me with "I can't say right now" and "An announcement should be coming before the end of August." So they may just announce it the same time as they announce the new giga coaster for Carowinds!

^^^ Does pushing for something unique mean that he is trying to get cedar fair to let us build a unique new Rollercoaster? If so that's great!! I REALLY Hope We do get Something unlike any other coaster. That would be amazing for VF. And also I am excited for the waterpark expansion. He might as well just tell us now because we all already know it's coming lol.

OMG. You can see this clearly from high rollers lift hill! Look out too the left and you will see it. I saw this a while back but I didn't think it was anything important. But I guess it is! Oops. And definetly looks like a new haunt structure maybe. Can't be sure though.

He also just tweeted they're working on Zombie High, and don't get me wrong, I love Haunt (in fact, I'm counting down the days!) but isn't it a little early? I mean, it's not even August yet! However, I'm really excited to see the changes for this year. Anybody else have any thoughts on Haunt?

He also just tweeted they're working on Zombie High, and don't get me wrong, I love Haunt (in fact, I'm counting down the days!) but isn't it a little early? I mean, it's not even August yet! However, I'm really excited to see the changes for this year. Anybody else have any thoughts on Haunt?

Not really, the first day of Haunt on September 20th is less than 60 days away now. Not big on Haunt personally but it is exciting to see VF building new structures for it! It means they are spending money on trying to grow the park and that means better things for everyone who visits the park. With Buck Hill not doing their version of Haunt this year crowds should be a little bigger and with new attractions to experience this can only help the Haunt season this year and going forward.

Edited by RCjunkie

I don't know how into Live Entertainment any of you are, but I have friends who work at the company that provides the improv actors for Hacks! in the Galaxy Theatre during Haunt, and they have confirmed that they WILL be coming back this fall! Don't know if any of you have checked it out, but if you find yourself at Haunt this year, I highly recommend checking it out.

Looks like these rumors mat be true.

Interesting... I wonder when "official" Haunt announcements will be made.

My guess would be sometime in the last 2 weeks of August. Carowinds has dropped hints that their new coaster will be announced on 8-21-2014 and I am assuming VF will be on that day or close to it also. This is also the same day the Minnesota State Fair opens and why not announce the water park expansion and Haunt that day to keep VF in the news as summer winds down. No matter which day they choose to announce it my guess is they will announce both additions so they can promote the Gold Pass for 2015 and say, "Come see the new Haunts this fall and the water park in 2015 at 2014 prices.".

I think that we need an invert at around the price tag of 18-20m. We do really need one, I mean Valleyfair has awesome coasters and all, but we need a great steel invert as our ninth coaster. That would definetly attract more people to our park, and with this significant growth being labeled on our park, I don't think it ms unreasonable at all. I mean carowinds is most likely getting a GigaCoaster for 2015, so I hope 2016 is our turn to show off a new coaster.

I don't know if Valleyfair has awesome coasters, in my opinion they have one awesome coaster in Renegade and a rock solid one in Steel Venom but after that the park has average to below average coasters. Don't get me wrong, I still love the park though. My other opinion is that VF will not get a 9th coaster just yet, they will replace one first. VF needs quality over quantity. Plus, where do you plan to put a 9th coaster? I am guessing Excalibur will be removed for the next new coaster.

All of those coaster may be good coasters, but Valleyfair needs a new coaster that is unique. Mr. Frazier told me himselft that he is really pushing for a unique layout and not just a clone. Something unique is what will attract more people.

That is so good to hear! If it is an Invert hopefully it is an original layout somewhere in halfway in between Patriot (3,018 ft long) and Raptor (3790 ft. long) which could be realistic if CF truly believes VF is a 'growth' park. Personally I would take a Raptor clone myself. An original layout at about 3400-3450 long would give it one more element (turn, loop, helix or whatever) and make it a truly unique layout. Here's to hoping!

Let's talk Water Park. I know we are probably going to get a new slide complex in the IMAX plot, but what else do you think we will get with it? There is a nice chunk of land on the HrdroHill, but what could go there?

I don't know much about water parks except that when I travel to other parks their water parks make VF's water park look tiny and outdated. Hopefully some people who know more about and visit water parks more often can speculate on this like you asked, I want to hear what other people think also. I am curious to see what they are planning for this area. Don't forget they can easily remove the old corporate dining area adjacent to the water park for even more room, the only thing there that is currently being used is Subway. Plus, can we dare to dream that in addition to filling the new plots of land could they possibly remove any of the old slides and add new attractions their also? New area's for lounge chairs and food/beverage options would be welcomed too. How about a new entrance and a remodeled/longer lazy river?

I actually think Valleyfair has pretty good coasters. Renegade and Steel Venom are really fun in my opinion, and Wild Thing is an awesome roller coaster. It's got the longest air time hill, and it's taller, faster, and longer than Magnum XL 200. I could see Excalibur being removed for a new coaster, but they would need to really open up the park back there. I mean who wants to walk all the way to the very back of the park to ride the new coaster? It's a terrible place for a coaster in my opinion. They would need to somehow open up the back of the park, and maybe put some flat rides there, or remove thunder canyon to make the back of the park more spacious. I really wish a levee would have been built along the Minnesota river awhile back. If the back of the park didn't flood so much they could do so much with it.