TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ To me it will be interesting to see how they re-do the Steel Venom queue line with all the new rides taking up more space in this area of the park.

Yeah, I agree that seeing a new a Steel Venom line will be interesting. If you ask me, they should make this new line shorter than the old one because even on busy days, the line was never used to it's full extent. I feel like SV has been unpopular recently because it was in an isolated area of the park, and because it is intimidating to a good part of the GP. For example, last year, Valleyfair asked on Facebook what your favorite seat on Steel Venon is, and at least 40% of commenters said "the bench next to it."

If you ask me, they should make this new line shorter than the old one because even on busy days, the line was never used to it's full extent. I feel like SV has been unpopular recently because it was in an isolated area of the park, and because it is intimidating to a good part of the GP.

That said, when the new area opens this spring, it won't be an isolated area of the park. I would think if anything changed, the ridership would be higher as a result.

I'm sure whatever they end up doing with it will be sufficient.

That said, when the new area opens this spring, it won't be an isolated area of the park. I would think if anything changed, the ridership would be higher as a result.

I'm sure whatever they end up doing with it will be sufficient.

Yeah, there will be more people in that area, but I think that the newer rides in that area will be more popular since Route 76 is meant to be a family area, whereas Steel Venom is an intense thrill ride. I still think that SV will have decent ridership this year.

Yeah, there will be more people in that area, but I think that the newer rides in that area will be more popular since Route 76 is meant to be a family area, whereas Steel Venom is an intense thrill ride. I still think that SV will have decent ridership this year.

Given it's a new family area, it will bring in the entire family which would include the thrill junkies. I think SV would see at least some increased ridership with Route 76.

Interesting. Valleyfair just posted via their Twitter account:

"Some great additions happening in Soak City Waterpark this season. More information to be announced soon! #notanaprilfoolsjoke"

I am a little shocked by this late announcement but welcome it. I wonder what it could be.

I think it will just be general improvements because if they were getting new slides or another new attraction, they would have announced it by now. Besides, Screamscape has already rumored new slides for 2015.

"Some great additions happening in Soak City Waterpark this season. More information to be announced soon! #notanaprilfoolsjoke"

I am a little shocked by this late announcement but welcome it. I wonder what it could be.

CHURRO FACTORY!

CHURRO FACTORY!

I hope this happens! The one at Knott's is amazing.

Valleyfair just posted five pictures of the construction progress with Northern Lights on their Facebook account. They finally have hump! Curious to see the train and how the design and colors turned out, should be soon now.

2122319029_NorthernLights1.jpg.3d76bdf4714adfcd01fd659ce8fad29b.jpg

The track looking almost complete.

739053092_NorhternLights2.jpg.e105c49897b9968851d2e1db3a1f2cc9.jpg

Another angle.

Edited by RCjunkie

And from the Valleyfair Twitter account they have announced the arrival of the refurbished Tilt-O-Whirl, it used to be white and light blue. On the flatbed there it looks to be the fencing of the ride and they have painted them red/orange and yellow now.The car looks to be blue and grey. Hopefully we get to see a new one assembled soon.

1903900982_Tilter1.jpg.0e7d4bd4fa99789ff718f6eb2d7ffc17.jpg

Newly arrived Tilter parts.

This is a little off-topic, but I've heard from some people in various places that they think that Valleyfair's next coaster will be a Vekoma SLC. That is not going to happen. Cedar Fair makes quality investments, and they know that SLC's aren't great. The only two SLCs in the Cedar Fair chain are Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure, and Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderlandand. MA got Thunderhawk because it was relocated from Geauga Lake after it closed, where it was bought during it's Six Flags era, and Flight Deck was received during the Cedar Fair buyout of the Paramount parks. Basically, Cedar Fair has never directly purchased an SLC. So, thankfully, I highly doubt Valleyfair will receive an SLC.

Also, here's a picture of the Planet Snoopy entrance after last night's snowstorm.

image.jpg.7adf3195b0e1f022c8067476e27e5a6f.jpg

Edited by VF15

^ Agreed. Plus the park already has a great impulse/shuttle coaster in Steel Venom. An SLC would take this park backwards and would not be welcomed by me at all. After the snow fall last night construction will unfortunately probably be halted for today.

This is a little off-topic, but I've heard from some people in various places that they think that Valleyfair's next coaster will be a Vekoma SLC. That is not going to happen. Cedar Fair makes quality investments, and they know that SLC's aren't great. The only SLC in the Cedar Fair chain is Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure, and that's because it was relocated from Geauga Lake, where it was bought during it's Six Flags era. Basically, Cedar Fair has never directly purchased an SLC. So, thankfully, I highly doubt Valleyfair will receive an SLC.

Also, here's a picture of the Planet Snoopy entrance after last night's snowstorm.

Did you forget about Flight Deck at Canada's Wonderland?

I'm sure the GP would love an SLC.

" The one with the loop de loops upside down is my favorite!"

This is a little off-topic, but I've heard from some people in various places that they think that Valleyfair's next coaster will be a Vekoma SLC. That is not going to happen. Cedar Fair makes quality investments, and they know that SLC's aren't great. The only SLC in the Cedar Fair chain is Thunderhawk at Michigan's Adventure, and that's because it was relocated from Geauga Lake, where it was bought during it's Six Flags era. Basically, Cedar Fair has never directly purchased an SLC. So, thankfully, I highly doubt Valleyfair will receive an SLC.

Whoops. I totally forgot about Flight Deck. Thanks.

Whoops. I totally forgot about Flight Deck. Thanks.

But, I see your point. All of them were purchased by Paramount or Six Flags and the rest of Cedar Fair parks have B&M inverts, or none at all. It's not likely at all, I mean it might be a good investment for this park, it's not one of the flagship parks like Canada's Wonderland, Cedar Point, Kings Island. And most of the community would be ecstatic for this ride.Cedar Fair knows what is good for this park, let's just leave it up to them and it will work out in the end for the better.

Even though it was an SLC, Thunderhawk was a huge hit for Michigan's Adventure. Since it was installed in 2008, the park has pretty much been having record attendance year after year. The general public loves Thunderhawk and was a very smart move for Cedar Fair to move Thunderhawk here (even if it had to come out of unfortunate events.) I've heard several GP that think Thunderhawk is better than Shivering Timbers.

For those that have rode Thunderhawk, they can vouch for me saying that it's not the average SLC. Having rode it a grand total of 43 times last year for Coasting for Kids and visits to the park, it's much more of a comfortable ride than the Six Flags SLCs. Only issue I have with them, and I'm near 6' 4", is that it does come down on my shoulders a bit, but I didn't have any other issues with it.

I actually would not be surprised if Valleyfair does get an SLC. Considering that they're fairly "cheap" and a huge hit for the GP, would be a very good investment since it would easily be marketed as "the first suspended looping roller coaster in the state of Minnesota," much like they did for Michigan's Adventure. Yes, Steel Venom is similar in style, but is a completely different ride experience. Not to mention, CF can purchase it with the new trains that will for sure make the coaster smoother than any other SLC because it'll be new track and new trains, versus sticking new trains on old track which is pretty much just a bandaid.