TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

The last thing Cedar Fair is going to do is drop $25 million+ on anything at Valleyfair. I'd expect the absolute max price tag for any expansion at Valleyfair to fall somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 million. Silver Bullet and Patriot fall in this range, and WoF and KBF are both similar sized parks.

The last thing Cedar Fair is going to do is drop $25 million+ on anything at Valleyfair. I'd expect the absolute max price tag for any expansion at Valleyfair to fall somewhere in the neighborhood of $15 million. Silver Bullet and Patriot fall in this range, and WoF and KBF are both similar sized parks.

I have to agree until I see a different investment philosophy towards VF by Cedar Fair. VF just does not have the attendance for a $25 million dollar attraction like Banshee. (Do you know if that $25 million included removal/disposal of SOB?). Brian Witherow (Cedar Fair's CFO) presented at the recent UBS Global Media & Communications Conference in 2013 and said, "...the chain sees three parks as having room for significant growth, Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America..." If he means it maybe they would spend more than $15 million but I still doubt it unfortunately.

I don't think that would be the best for Valleyfair. To me, a small B&M invert wouldn't be bad, but at record setting one, even if they had the budget, just wouldn't fit for Valleyfair.

I have to agree until I see a different investment philosophy towards VF by Cedar Fair. VF just does not have the attendance for a $25 million dollar attraction like Banshee. (Do you know if that $25 million included removal/disposal of SOB?). Brian Witherow (Cedar Fair's CFO) presented at the recent UBS Global Media & Communications Conference in 2013 and said, "...the chain sees three parks as having room for significant growth, Carowinds, Valleyfair, and California's Great America..." If he means it maybe they would spend more than $15 million but I still doubt it unfortunately.

No idea. And I don't even know how much Banshee cost. $25 million was just a guess.

Yeah, you probably are right. So lets just say that my theory is right, and the worlds tallest invert is coming to a Cedar Fair park. Which one? Who knows, it might not happen for a while, or maybe even at all. But think about it. Banshee was close enough that it easily could've broken the height record as well. All they needed was a few more feet!

Yeah, you probably are right. So lets just say that my theory is right, and the worlds tallest invert is coming to a Cedar Fair park. Which one? Who knows, it might not happen for a while, or maybe even at all. But think about it. Banshee was close enough that it easily could've broken the height record as well. All they needed was a few more feet!

Isn't Banshee like 30 feet shorter than Alpengeist...? More than a few feet at least. (And isn't Wicked Twister technically taller at 206'?)

I wouldn't hold your breath on CF ever building the tallest invert. In fact I wouldn't expect any one to build one any time soon.

I would've thought that he would've said Michigan's Adventure before Carowinds. That park needs more done than Carowinds...though I'm sure that once they get their Giga then MiA will take its place.

Isn't VF the only CF Park that does not have a full circuit Inverted Coaster?

I'll gladly trade you our inverted coaster for yours. I'd much rather have an impulse than an SLC.

And I would much rather have Thunderhawk than Steel Venom. That ride is very smooth for an SLC, and has a lot more re-rideability than SV.

I would like to see Valleyfair get a Gravity Group woodie. Homestly, even though it has Renegade and High Roller, I could see it work for Valleyfair!

^ No way does VF need another wood coaster with Renegade and High Roller already there. They have not had a new steel coaster with inversions since 1980's corkscrew. VF needs an exciting steel coaster they can market to the public to increase attendance. And if you were for some reason going to add another wooden coaster you should go RMC over Gravity Group for sure.

I would like to see Valleyfair get a Gravity Group woodie. Homestly, even though it has Renegade and High Roller, I could see it work for Valleyfair!

Because when was the last time CF bought a TGG woodie...? Come to think of it, TGG hasn't built a full-size wooden coaster in America since Ravine Flyer II, and I think there' s a reason for that.