TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I know the main issue people had with the B&M trains was that it cut down on the maximum height riders could be, and they also don't allow as much "wiggle room" as the morgan trains.

I haven't experienced the B&M trains, but I really like how much you can move around in the morgan trains... you don't feel the least bit stapled, and can more fully experience the floater air. Other than the slightly restricted view, I really don't see a problem with the trains.

^I thought the new B&M trains on Steel Dragon were better than the old Morgan "bathtubs on wheels." Wouldn't mind if Wild Thing got them.

I would love the B&M trains on Wild Thing but VF doesn't not get that kind of treatment. The best the park could hope for is a new Morgan designed train to update them, B&M trains would cost too much. 'Bathtub on wheels' is classic, never heard that phrase before but it definitely describes the feel when you sit in and ride a Morgan Hyper train.

^I thought the new B&M trains on Steel Dragon were better than the old Morgan "bathtubs on wheels." Wouldn't mind if Wild Thing got them.

I would love the B&M trains on Wild Thing but VF doesn't not get that kind of treatment. The best the park could hope for is a new Morgan designed train to update them, B&M trains would cost too much. 'Bathtub on wheels' is classic, never heard that phrase before but it definitely describes the feel when you sit in and ride a Morgan Hyper train.

Before we saw the new trains on WT, I'd think they'd try it ion Steel Force or Mamba first. Just a guess.

I always found the old "bathtubs on wheels" to be comfortable, at least.

That is their best feature, they are comfortable and roomy for sure. After that not too much excitement, old school design that would probably be better on a older wooden coaster. I'm sure they are appreciated though if you are Coasting for Kids and on your 30th lap in a row.

Valleyfair just posted two new pictures associated with the new Route 76 addition.

1650497238_Footingsfornewride.jpg.5f9d7e04e2df3df8e3f823d4ec8b4a28.jpg

A shot of the footings for the new Northern Lights Disk-O-Coaster.

Tilt-A-Whirl.thumb.jpg.1dac8453e707a2a15a3114accbdf4de2.jpg

This is the spot where the relocated Tilt-A-Whirl will go. Notice how they removed the queue line rails for Steel Venom. Interesting, cannot wait to see how they redesign all that to fit in with this area now with the new rides.

This isn't really relevant to the recent posts about Route 76, but anyway...

Whenever Valleyfair gets a new coaster, I think that it will be some sort of B&M, and I think that because from what I've seen and read, the two main coaster companies Cedar Fair has been going with recently are B&M and GCI, and we already have a GCI. Cedar Fair has basically parted ways with Intamin, so we probably wouldn't be getting something from them. As for a B&M, I think an inverted coaster or a floorless coaster would be possible. A wing coaster or a flying coaster would be cool, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, if Valleyfair has to get rid of a coaster to build a new one, it would probably be Excalibur because it is not very popular (it is always a walk-on), and a new coaster back there would bring more people to that area of the park. A lot of people have said that High Roller or Corkscrew should be removed for a new coaster, but a) there really isn't enough space to put even a small B&M in either place, and b) High Roller and Corkscrew are true Valleyfair classics. However, Valleyfair could remove Corkscrew, use the original ride area for the lift hill and brake runs, and then have the rest of the coaster take place over the midways (Manta at SeaWorld Orlando does an excellent job of this). Still, my choice for removal would be Excalibur.

Cedar Fair has basically parted ways with Intamin.

Just because Cedar Fair hasn't built an Intamin ride for four seasons, including 2014, does not mean they parted ways.

This.

Wing riders and RMC coasters seems to be the hot thing right now. It's not every year a park needs a high intensity Intamin ride.

This isn't really relevant to the recent posts about Route 76, but anyway...

Whenever Valleyfair gets a new coaster, I think that it will be some sort of B&M, and I think that because from what I've seen and read, the two main coaster companies Cedar Fair has been going with recently are B&M and GCI, and we already have a GCI. Cedar Fair has basically parted ways with Intamin, so we probably wouldn't be getting something from them. As for a B&M, I think an inverted coaster or a floorless coaster would be possible. A wing coaster or a flying coaster would be cool, but I wouldn't count on it.

Also, if Valleyfair has to get rid of a coaster to build a new one, it would probably be Excalibur because it is not very popular (it is always a walk-on), and a new coaster back there would bring more people to that area of the park. A lot of people have said that High Roller or Corkscrew should be removed for a new coaster, but a) there really isn't enough space to put even a small B&M in either place, and b) High Roller and Corkscrew are true Valleyfair classics. However, Valleyfair could remove Corkscrew, use the original ride area for the lift hill and brake runs, and then have the rest of the coaster take place over the midways (Manta at SeaWorld Orlando does an excellent job of this). Still, my choice for removal would be Excalibur.

You won't find somebody who enjoys speculating the future of Valleyfair than me, but I don't think we can accurately discuss the location of the next coaster until the Soak City expansion is done. We'll see what kind of changes come to the rear end of the park and then we can start guessing.

Before we see Corkscrew replaced, we need to see a new log flume. I don't think they'll remove THE WAVE and leave us with just one water ride. Once THE WAVE goes, that opens up a decent plot of land. Maybe a B&M dive machine over the lake.

^ I think I enjoy speculating the future of Valleyfair just as much as you. Especially with all the ride relocations and the new Route 76 addition catching me by surprise. I am just not as optimistic as you are in what CF will bring to the park in the future. It's probably because I have been alive the entire time the park has been opened and little jaded by the way CF has treated VF over all the years compared to most of their other parks. My biggest fear is after the water park expansion VF will get a B&M Winged Coaster when I think there are better coasters that could be added to the park instead. Hopefully I am wrong.

^ I think I enjoy speculating the future of Valleyfair just as much as you. Especially with all the ride relocations and the new Route 76 addition catching me by surprise. I am just not as optimistic as you are in what CF will bring to the park in the future. It's probably because I have been alive the entire time the park has been opened and little jaded by the way CF has treated VF over all the years compared to most of their other parks. My biggest fear is after the water park expansion VF will get a B&M Winged Coaster when I think there are better coasters that could be added to the park instead. Hopefully I am wrong.

While I don't disagree with the wing coaster thing, why would that be a bad thing?

There are a ton of things that could be happening at VF in the next five years.

Did they relocate Scrambler so they could relocate Enterprise to that location so they can put:

A. new coaster, flume

B: Ferris wheel, THE WAVE (to add to the room created for a CS replacement)

there once amphitheater goes.

I'm really curious to see what happens in the back. A soak city expansion is coming sooner than later. I really don't know if Excalibur will be spared.

Should be interesting!

While I don't disagree with the wing coaster thing, why would that be a bad thing?

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I love wing coasters. I know I'm in the minority but the more wing coasters, the better. They're not super intense but I think they're great rides.