TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

As it stands the water park at ValleyFair is a joke, it needs a huge facelift with I am thinking 2-3 new water rides/slides. With them moving the catering out of the current building to a new location it will help with that expansion.

One area that needs to be reworked is the path between the (former) catering building and the Mad Mouse, that path is just too small for a large amount of people to consistently move through there.

As it stands the water park at ValleyFair is a joke, it needs a huge facelift with I am thinking 2-3 new water rides/slides. With them moving the catering out of the current building to a new location it will help with that expansion.

One area that needs to be reworked is the path between the (former) catering building and the Mad Mouse, that path is just too small for a large amount of people to consistently move through there.

A waterpark expansion seems likely. Many CF waterparks are getting face-lifts as of late. Kings Island, Cedar Point, Worlds of Fun.

Lighter trains for WT would be nice though.

Ejector air anyone?

New trains on Wild Thing will never happen. The ride runs like it was designed to do and the park is happy with it. Though it does like to have It’s hissy fits from time to time.

Coaster Count I have a feeling that we will see some changes over by the Dining Patio and Mad Mouse are in the next few years.

Morgan has stuck with the same gigantic train design for, well, forever it seems. But, at the same time, they haven't built a new hypercoaster since Superman at Six Flags Mexico.

TBH, a B&M invert would be pretty outdated whenever it is installed. I'd welcome it like I would anything else new, but I would much prefer any other type of B&M.

An inverted coaster from B&M would be probably be the best bet if quality is a characteristic you want. Flyers and Wing Riders may offer a more modern concept/design, and may look cooler, but that's about all they have on the inverts. They're inferior in every other aspect, and it's not even close.

TBH, a B&M invert would be pretty outdated whenever it is installed. I'd welcome it like I would anything else new, but I would much prefer any other type of B&M.

An inverted coaster from B&M would be probably be the best bet if quality is a characteristic you want. Flyers and Wing Riders may offer a more modern concept/design, and may look cooler, but that's about all they have on the inverts. They're inferior in every other aspect, and it's not even close.

More B&M Sitting Coasters please.

Morgan has stuck with the same gigantic train design for, well, forever it seems. But, at the same time, they haven't built a new hypercoaster since Superman at Six Flags Mexico.

Yeah because Morgan got purchased by Chance quite a few years ago.

An inverted coaster from B&M would be probably be the best bet if quality is a characteristic you want. Flyers and Wing Riders may offer a more modern concept/design, and may look cooler, but that's about all they have on the inverts. They’re inferior in every other aspect, and it's not even close.

I wouldn't call them inferior at all.. They are built by B&M they have reliability and quality even if the design is newer. That is what B&M is known for. Wing Riders and Flying coasters are great if that is what the market wants in that area, or It’s what would spark that market. Here in Minnesota I think people would really be impressed with a giant invert though it probably will be a few more years before we see that. Though the only downside to Wing Riders and Flying coasters are their cost. They really do cost a lot. Inverts I think have a better bang for their price.

How about relocate Looping Starship and add a Proslide Tornado in It's place?

From what I understand IMAX and Looping Starship will more than likely be removed for waterpark expansion... So you are definitely on the right track with this.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, Valleyfair wants to start serving liquor!

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/polinaut/archive/2013/01/amusement_park.shtml

Valleyfair amusement park could move closer to serving alcoholic beverages under legislation introduced today in the Minnesota Senate.

The bill would allow the city of Shakopee to issue an on-sale intoxicating liquor license to Cedar Fair Entertainment Co., the Ohio-based company that owns and operates Valleyfair.

Sen. Eric Pratt, R-Prior Lake, is the bill's chief author. Pratt said he was collaborating with Rep. Michael Beard, R-Shakopee, and the city to help Valleyfair meet its business plans.

"Currently they're restricted from offering that, and we believe that the city of Shakopee should have the right to issue that liquor license if they deem it appropriate," Pratt said.

Pratt said he had not been in direct contact with Valleyfair officials and did not know what they have planned after obtaining the liquor license.

Not too concerned with the food or beverage options in the park, if some new things come in it is fine.

Valleyfair I think needs a great coaster at the end of a nice new midway, now that would make a great addition to the park. Maybe a El Toro clone at the end of that midway..........but really that is beyond a pipe dream.

It's about time for the liquor aspect of this park to kick in.

As for the expansion, I for one would actually like to see the inverting pirate ship to be relocated if possible.

I know it was rough and hurt your gut, but it was a blast and some of the best memories I have of Valleyfair were on that ride.

Yes, Valleyfair wants to start serving liquor!

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/collections/special/columns/polinaut/archive/2013/01/amusement_park.shtml

Valleyfair amusement park could move closer to serving alcoholic beverages under legislation introduced today in the Minnesota Senate.

The bill would allow the city of Shakopee to issue an on-sale intoxicating liquor license to Cedar Fair Entertainment Co., the Ohio-based company that owns and operates Valleyfair.

Sen. Eric Pratt, R-Prior Lake, is the bill's chief author. Pratt said he was collaborating with Rep. Michael Beard, R-Shakopee, and the city to help Valleyfair meet its business plans.

"Currently they're restricted from offering that, and we believe that the city of Shakopee should have the right to issue that liquor license if they deem it appropriate," Pratt said.

Pratt said he had not been in direct contact with Valleyfair officials and did not know what they have planned after obtaining the liquor license.

I love how deceiving this is. The park currently sells 3/2 tap beer though out the park and they sell full strength beer and other drinks in the waterpark at Beach Bites. So I am sure this means they want to expand their liquor license to a full options license. I for one support the possibility. I just hope the prices are not terrible.

• 1 month later...

Curt & I were discussing this: We could get a Zamperla/Vekoma/(PROBABLY NOT) B&M Flyer over the DA area. Call it Pterodactyl. Or anything, as long as it's got inversions and is B&M or Intamin (really, no coasters from the two BIGGEST coaster manufacturers in the WORLD) Seems possible for 2015.

Valleyfair is the last CF park without a B&M of some sort. It could be possible it will be the next coaster to come to Shakopee.

Nope, the smallest park in the chain, Michigan's Adventure doesn't have a B&M yet either. Probably not going to happen there unless it's relocated from another park or there's some cheap, small design B&M whips up, but I can understand those that have Valleyfair as their home park. The last roller coaster built there with an inversion was 33 years ago! MiAd even has more inversions than what Valleyfair does because of an SLC!

Matt Ouimet mentioned that each park now has a "hole list" meaning what attractions they're missing at each of the parks, whether it's in the family, thrill, water park, entertainment, or roller coaster range. From what he said, it looks like the decisions of what each park is getting for 2014 is finalized and they're starting to work on what's coming in 2015. From what I gathered, it looks like Valleyfair is one of the parks on the top of the list for capital investments, something might be coming next year or the year after.

Valleyfair has a couple holes in it, some things I think would be good for the park.

1. An invert, anything would be great. Hell I would even be happy with a Boomerang or something Maverickesq

2. A water park expansion, the park is seriously lacking this. True it has a water park but it is dated and could use an expansion.

3. Another decent flat ride, maybe a Giant Frisbee or something along those lines.