TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Food Network Needs Our Help For A New TV Show!

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fudge - IOA

Philly Cheese Cake - Dollywood

Pulled Pork Sandwiches - Dollywood

Buffet Dinner - Aunt Granny's in Dollywood (Yes I like Dollywood)

Banana Nut Bread/ Chocolate Cocolate Chip Muffins - Disney World

SFNE has AMAZING food - I'm not talking about the generic chicken-nuggets and stuff, I'm talking about their juicy prime-rib. A little expensive for what you get, but one of the most incredibly moist, tender pieces of meat I've ever eaten.

And how has this topic gone three pages without anybody mentioning FRIED OREOS???

And how has this topic gone three pages without anybody mentioning FRIED OREOS???

To me the Fried Oreos are more like "state fair" food, which honestly could make for an interested segment. They could catch up with a state fair and cover Fried Oreos/Twinkies, elephant ears, fresh churros, roasted corn, etc, etc....

--Robb

My favorite "theme park restaurant" is Rainforest Cafe.

Finally, someone else who likes this place. For years, I thought I was the only one!! It's not my favorite, but it's darn good.

My favorite theme park restaurant is Liberty Tree Tavern @ the Magic Kingdom (WDW), unless Margaritaville at City Walk (Universal Orlando) counts.

If you go to Holiday World, you have to have the fudge.

EDIT: the frozen chocolate covered bananas at WDW!!

Lagoon in Utah has some of the best BBQ type food you'll ever have. It's at a restaurant in Pioneer Village (at the back of Lagoon) called the Olde Mill. They have things like ribs, BBQ chicken, grilled steak, and of course the best barbecued corn you'll ever have!

Mike 8)

Does Rainforest really count? Since technically it's just a chain of restaurants and some of them happen to be at Theme Parks. That's like Hard Rock Cafe at Universal or Planet Hollywood at WDW.....

--Robb "Has still never eated at a Rainforest Cafe!" Alvey

I have to go with a hometown favorite in eating. I enjoy an $8 hot dog or sandwich at many parks, but nust say that resteraunts for home cooking has to go To Dollywood. A plate of Fried Green Tomatoes, or an affordable down home all you can eat buffet at Aunt Grannies resteraunt is not only wirth the price, but it doesnt come back to haunt you later. Everything is made from scratch, we fed 2 adults and 4 kids on $45. That is something you can do at every theme park. And no antacids needed, is even better. So For Down home southern Cooking, Its Aunt Grannies Resteraunt , Dollywood in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Kings Island Cinn. Has my vote on funnel cakes though, and Dogs. They had the better flavor for the price.[/i][/b]

Kennywood for their Patch Fries, of course. Nothing comes close (except Idlewild and Sandcastle, for obvious reasons!!!)

Dollywood for simple 'down home' country cookin' (and it's 'Oh, soooo good, too'!!!).

Idlewild has some of the best barbeque chicken and ribs out there!

Epcot just for the sheer choice of foods, most of which is excellent.

Knoebels and Del Grossos both have excellent pizza.

Del Grossos also has outstanding potato salad!!!!

Knott's Berry Farm for their fried chicken.

And Hersheypark and Hershey's Chocolate World for some scrumptious chocolate treats and deserts!!! (Does the Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge count here, too?)

Does Rainforest really count? Since technically it's just a chain of restaurants and some of them happen to be at Theme Parks. That's like Hard Rock Cafe at Universal or Planet Hollywood at WDW.....

--Robb "Has still never eated at a Rainforest Cafe!" Alvey

I'm not sure about the technicalities of whether you'd consider it or not. I mean, there's one at the entrance to DAK, so, ummm, maybe I guess. Or not? I don't know.

Token Yankee Guy wrote: Aren't you the guys that produce Unwrapped? I love that show!

Yes, we do, our company produces sevral shows for Food Network, HGTV, TLC, and other networks.

Kenshinmac wrote: This really intrigues me... I can't wait to see the finished show. Will we get a heads up when it airs?

The show won't be on until next year.

A lot of great suggestions so far! Keep 'em coming!

For the FOURTH STRAIGHT YEAR in a row the "World's best theme park restaurant" according to Theme Park Insider: Mythos Restaurant at Universal's Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. The food and the atmosphere of this restaurant make it a winner!

I personally don't put much value into that Theme Park Insider award, at least not this year. I could totally understand them getting that award for the first 4 years, but I think they now get the award because of the "Theme Park Insider" banner they have over the door.

With the new Mythos menu and all the changes, it doesn't even rank in my top ten theme park restaurants anymore.

Of course, if there was a "Theme Park Review" banner over the front door, my opinion might change!

--Robb

Although I agree it is not as good as it was four years ago, it is still very good. Restaurants have to adapt to what their customers want, and often have to change their menus. When someones favorite gets taken off of the menu, the restaurant quickly falls out of favor.

As fot the banner over the door, well McDonalds isn't all that great yet they have served "billions and billions". could it be their "reputation" that gets people in there? The banner may get the people in, but it doesn't make it a certain pick for a best restaurant.

I'll see what I can do about a "Theme Park Review" banner over the front door when the Food Network visits! (And no I don't work at IOA or Universal)

Best breakfast buffet : Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom (WDW). Not sure if they still offer the "dine with the characters" thing or not, but that was a great option for the kids when we went once. The food is also a good selection of typical breakfast fare.

Unfortunately my theme park dining experience has been rather limited, as the only park outside of the Ohio three that I've been to is IOA, and my group didn't want to eat at Mythos.

Anyways...the Boardwalk Fries at CP (specifically at Coasters) are nothing short of awesome. And in my book, nothing beats a funnel cake with the works (powdered sugar, ice cream, apple and/or strawberry fruit topping, hot fudge, whipped cream, and nuts) from Toot Sweets. Only get your CP funnel cakes from Toot Sweets, as 99% of the time, they will be fresh out of the oil.

As many others have said already, the best park for food has to be Knoebels, as its the only place where I have a checklist of food that I must complete before I leave the park, otherwise I feel like I've missed a crucial part of the park experience.

Other bests:

Best homemade ice cream- Silver Dollar City

Best pulled pork- Dollywood (served with little skillet grilled potatoes!)

Best elephant ears- Cedar Point

Best sandwich- Monte Cristo at Disneyland's Blue Bayou

Best fries I'm actually going to say Idlewild, same Patch fries as Kennywood, but you can put your own amount of toppings on (and mix!)

If you go to DelGrossos, you have to get the Mert's Potato Salad. Its awesome!

If you go to WDWs Magic Kingdom or Disneyland, you have to try a Dole Whip or float. yum! Its well worth the brain freeze!

One final park food I try not to miss is Busch Gardens' German Potato Salad at the Festhaus.

This topic is making me hungry and everything has WAAAY too many 'points' for me (for any of you WW people, you'll know what I'm talkin about).

Anyway. I have to agree with those who mentioned:

Knott's Berry Farm for their Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes and most importantly BISCUITS with boysenberry jam! I could eat just those and be happy. I also like the boysenberry punch and their funnel cakes when they make them fresh.

My other favorite theme park food is at Legoland in Carlsbad. The Market at the back of the park usually has some great choices made fresh and they vary from visit to visit in my experience.

In Downtown Disney, Anaheim, I love the Beignets (not sure if that counts as a theme park food or not)

If Food Network needs any help, eating or otherwise, send them my way!

jen