TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

South Park 10th aniv. DVD coming

pkdcoaster

I probably will not get this cause I buy all the Full season sets when they are released but was interested in what their favorites were.

List credit goes to www.tvshowsondvd.com

The following episodes appear on "South Park The Hits: Volume 1" DVD with audio commentary from Parker and Stone:

0. Spirit of christmas-the short that started it all

1. "AWESOM-O" - Stone: "This episode has one of my favorite scenes of any 'South Park' ever...which is when Cartman gets off the plane. He gets to Los Angeles and he has to eat the toothpaste 'cause he's so f*cking hungry. That just totally makes sense that you'd be that hungry where you'd just eat toothpaste."

2. "Best Friends Forever" - Parker: "We went out to the animation staff and we're like, 'Okay, good news. We've come up with a show idea for this week. It's going to be a final battle between heaven and hell.' And they were just like, 'Oh, sh*t.'"

3. "Casa Bonita" - Stone: "This episode perfectly explains Cartman's character. It's not really about the experience, he doesn't want friends there." Parker: "Yeah. He would rather be the only person on the planet." Stone: "To me, that perfectly encapsulates what's wrong with Cartman....he sucks so bad."

4. "Good Times with Weapons" - Parker: "The thing I'm most proud of in this episode is the song. I think we hit the song perfectly. I think we got the anime pretty good, but that song..."

5. "Red Hot Catholic Love" - Parker: "For some reason we thought the imagery of someone crapping out their mouth would work ultimately in a show. And then luckily a bunch of priests got caught molesting kids. And we're like, 'Bingo.'"

6. "The Return of the Fellowship of the Rings to the Two Towers" - Parker: "This episode is just a perfect example, to us, about how much fun the show can be when it's just kids being kids."

7. "Scott Tenorman Must Die" - Parker: "This is a very important episode in the 'South Park' library because it did definitely change Cartman. I mean, it took from kind of a little sh*t head to probably the most evil kid in the world."

8. "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset" - Stone: "Most of the time when people ask us about, you know, ripping on celebrities and featuring celebrities in the show, I always say, 'Well, you know, it's not personal. It's just ripping on the idea of celebrity itself. You know, it's just kind of this absurdist thing that we do.' But then you look at this episode and it really isn't that. We have to stop little girls from looking up to Paris Hilton."

9. "Towelie" - Parker: "We rented a houseboat on Lake Mead with a bunch of our friends who are also writers on 'South Park' and we were getting into a boat, and everyone was like, 'Yeah, did you bring a towel? Everyone bring a towel? You - you got a towel?' And then people just started going, 'Don't forget to bring a towel.' And that, for some reason that caught on and then it became, 'Towelie says, don't forget to bring a towel.' And then that became 'Towelie.'"

10. "Trapped in the Closet" - Parker: "We're pretty sure it's going be one of our most infamous ever, I think, just because of all the hubbub it caused. I don't think we've ever had a single episode that has stirred up this much unwanted and wanted attention."

A Solid list IMO, but I cannot believe these 2 were not included,

"Proper Condom use" & "Cartman gets an anal Probe" (pilot)

Those 2 and "two towers" episode are easily my top 3

What do you SP fans think of the list?

JEFF

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

My Top 10, in no particular order:

"Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina"

"Best Friends Forever"

"Good Times with Weapons"

"Woodland Critter Christmas"

"Scott Tenorman Must Die"

"Cartman Joins NAMBLA"

"The Death Camp of Tolerance" (Lemmiwinks)

"Cartmanland"

"Helen Keller: The Musical" (Gobbles)

"Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics"