TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The most rare coaster credits

Let's see: Stealth & Greased Lightnin that were at CGA, High Roller,Speed(if it never opens again), Zonga(SFDK-was lucky to get on it once). I think there is already a thread like this: "Coasters That You Have Been On That Are Gone Now."

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if someone posted this already since I don't want to read through six pages, but here are the top 10 least counted coasters from coastercounter.com. There's actually a list of 100 in alphabetical order but I'm not posting all of that so here's the rare ones from A to B - they're all in pretty obscure places.

1 Achterbahn (Trampoline, Pentling Bavaria, Germany) 1

2 Adventure Train (Adventureland, Sharjah Sharjah, United Arab Emirates) 1

3 Astropax 18 (Attractionmania, Moscow Moscow, Russia) 1

4 Batman (Malmo Folkets Park, Malmo Skane, Sweden) 1

5 Blizzard (Lucky Star Park, Aradippou Larnaca, Cyprus) 1

6 Blizzard (Slaskie Wesole Miasteczko, Chorzow Slaskie, Poland) 1

7 Boomerang (Geroland, Cairo Cairo, Egypt) 1

8 Boomerang (Tashkent Park, Tashkent Tashkent, Uzbekistan) 1

9 Brucomela (Mirabilndia, Olinda Pernambuco, Brazil) 1

10 Butterfly (Flugplatz Sitterdorf, Sitterdorf Thurgau, Switzerland) 1

Let's see: Stealth & Greased Lightnin that were at CGA, High Roller,Speed(if it never opens again), Zonga(SFDK-was lucky to get on it once). I think there is already a thread like this: "Coasters That You Have Been On That Are Gone Now."

But see, a ride like Greased lightnin (Tidal Wave) was litterally ridden by MILLIONS of people in it's lifetime. So it can't be that "rare." And Zonga, operated on the German traveling fair, then at Astroworld, then SFDK and still operates today. Again, *MILLIONS* of people have probably been on it.

IMO, I kind of think the most "rare" credit is something a bit more personal for everyone.

It's almost more like "What is your most 'sought after' credit?"

For example, that list posted above...I could care less about ANY of them. Would I ride them given an opprotunity? Sure. But I wouldn't travel for any of them.

I think this question is sort of like the "how do you count coasters?" question. It's really up to each person to decide what THEIR most 'rare' or 'sought after' credit really is.

--Robb

I see where Robb is going with it being subjective. For example, many of you have listed the Stricker's Grove coasters as being 'rare credits'. I live in Cincinnati, and have now been to Strickers more times than I care to admit. So in my case, there is nothing special about those credits, in fact I have an invite to there on June 21. Decisions, decisions.

I would consider a coaster rare that was only open for a very short period of time like Flashback or is rarely open. Also I would consider a coaster rare if there are only 1 or a few of its kinda in the world, like Leap The Dips (supposedly oldest coaster still running).

I'd agree with those saying its too subjective, unless you start breaking it down, to something like 'Rare credits if you live in the US and don't travel much' and other ridiculous things.

The likelihood is that for people posting on this board, rare credits are gonna be in places like Russia, Iraq, and anywhere else TPR trips don't tend to go (since these are probably the places people are most likely to visit when abroad anyway).

I think the ones I rode in the Philippines are probably pretty rare.

I can't imagine anybody going to the Philippines JUST to ride the coasters, and I can't imagine that too many people who visit the Philippines really caring about riding the coasters there.

Me ... I was just there for work, went to the mall and there was the park.

rare credit? Any coaster that is located in Cuba only because if you are an American one isn't allow to visit there even though I think that rule doesn't apply to members of the national press ( example..ABC News or CNN ) or someone in government circles.

President Obama and his family or Katie Couric and her kids could visit those parks if they wanted too but chances are neither me or you can.