TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The most rare coaster credits

Tree Topper has always been on my "Most Wanted" list. I love Cobb woodies. Tree Topper is small and quirky. Looks like definite fun.

Another woodie topping my "Most Wanted" list is Vancouver's Coaster. And, I am finally getting to ride it in August!! Woo!

One down side of my Northwest trip so far - the Puyallup Coaster won't be open. Please, someone tell me it sucks so I don't feel bad. I mean, it can't be that great, it's a John Miller, I think.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::sigh::

I figured it's a good coaster - hmph. It looks like a helluva fun ride. The double dip first drop looks like it has major potential.

Maybe I'll luck out and the group leader will be able to get Puyallup to open it for us for like 30 minutes or so! Riiiiight, like that'll really happen.

-kip-

I don't have that many credits, but I do have one that's maybe sorta' rare. I rode the "Scream Machine" at the '86 World's Fair in Vancouver BC. Since it was only running for a limited time at that venue, I consider it "rare".

Billy "Hell, I don't know... It was worth a try" Hill

^ LOL! Hey, I have some credits that Robb doesn't!

& ^^^ Kip, we've talked to their PR staff, they open up that ride several times a year for groups, so who ever is doing the trip should be able to get it. Remember, you can get anything for a price!

Elissa "that coaster will be there forever so don't worry if you miss it!" Alvey

Hey Kip, come down to Iowa... we've got a great Cobb with tons of airtime that's open all summer long!

Anyways, I don't have any real 'rare' credits. I guess Peterdron Flyers could be one. But, I do have a credit Elissa doesn't have!

"Justin was happy to ride again, but Elissa was bummed that she missed her Shock Wave credit." (03' trip to SFGAm)

The mighty SFGAm Shockwave! I thought it was really smooth... I must have been really lucky.

Kyle "I have a credit Elissa doesn't (lol)!" W.

Kyle-

I was fortunate enough to get out to Adventureland last summer. It's a strange park, but in a AWESOME way. I loved it - so many unique rides to do, such charm, it was so pleasant. My only disappointment of the day was The Outlaw. That was utterly retarded.

EDIT: Ohmygod! I'm sorry. I loved the Outlaw. I meant to say that Underground woodie was stupid.

The Dragon was, um... interesting. Fun, but really bizarre. Both woodies were great too. It's one of those parks that would be a wonderful home park.

-kip-

I'm not really into making a trip out to China just for some little roller coaster that's about to fall apart. I'm not that much of a credit whore; it's much more about fun. Sure I'll ride more for the new experience but not just for the credit. Nobody's putting my track record on my grave, I'm not going down in history for it so it might aswell be just for fun.

The credits that I'm kind of sour about missing are the Deja Vu's and Lakemont Park's coasters which decided to close early on the day I was going there after Kennywood.

I would say scorpion at BGT is rare because it had two "clones" that were semi enclosed but one set on fire and contorted the metal. They are both over in Europe aswell, but its other brother and it are the only two that still operate.

Colin C

What about the South African parks? Ratanga Junction and Gold Reef City. Too bad a trip there costs a fortune and is a nightmare in logistics.

Plus it has the world record for the longest flight. Atlanta-Johannesburg or New York-Johannesburg 15 hours straight!!! Too bad, Anaconda and the SLC in Ratanga Junction look awesome!

Here's a list of extinct coasters i've ridden.

Euclid Beach: Racing coaster, The Thriller, FlyingTurns.

Chippewa Lake Park: The Dipper, Wild mouse.

Conneaut Lake Park: Wild Mouse. \

Cedar Point: Jumbo Jet.

Geauga lake: a Jr. wooden, i think it was a Vettle. circa 1970's.

To me, Rare credits are coasters in other Countries. Chances are, i'll never go to Europe, so to me, those would be rare.

• 4 years later...

I've searched this and didn't see a thread similar...

What are the most sought after Coaster credits? Most of course are kiddie credits, except those ones which were down more than up (Pocono Lightning). Puyallup Fair/Stricker's Grove are more difficult to obtain just due to the annual availability. Kiddie Coaster at Rye is most likely the most difficult wood credit.

What are some of the most difficult credits to obtain? (Current coasters out there)

Read that thread and still can think of a few. CoasterCounter now lists the Least 100 Counted Coasters out there. Lots of overseas stuff.

The Goliath Jr. (Percy's) credit is tough I understand. How many have that?!