TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm Auditioning for American Idol!

Xmeister

Yeah this is my first post and I thought I let y'all know that a fellow member/reader is going for it! My first audition is in two days. My song list is as follows: Can You Feel The Love Tonight-Elton John

You Raise me Up-Josh Groban

For The Longest Time- Billy Joel

Your Song-Elton John

Rain Drops Keep Fallin On My Head-Burt Bacharach

A House is Not A Home-Burt Bacharach

So yeah who knows maybe a fellow Theme Park Review reader will be the next American Idol!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kay, I better shed some light on this.

There is no guaruntee of getting to Randy, Paula, and Simon.

Once you arrive, you have to go through a series of at least 3 producers.

Then if they determine you have enough talent, or are bad with a good story, they give you a pass to the "real" audition. Usually in another venue on another day.

For instance, our auditions in Season 3 were located in the Pengrowth Saddledome, but the actual judging was in the Palliser Hotel.

Then if they determine you have enough talent, or are bad with a good story, they give you a pass to the "real" audition. Usually in another venue on another day.

For instance, our auditions in Season 3 were located in the Pengrowth Saddledome, but the actual judging was in the Palliser Hotel.

Yep, first you have to go through the producers and executive producers.

But considering I have experience singing, performing and have years of vocal training I figure I have a good chance

Yep, first you have to go through the producers and executive producers.

But considering I have experience singing, performing and have years of vocal training I figure I have a good chance

Usually the ones with "experience" are the ones who make me laugh the most! Good luck though. Kelly Clarkson is still the best thing to come form American Idol, and Rhonetta Johnson is second!

Good Luck to ya! But you still haven't told us what we really wanna know....can you sing? I can sing all those songs on your list too, but not too many in here would really want to subject themselves to hearing that.

How long have you been singing? Do you sing in a church choir? A band? The shower? We need info........oh, and a trip report.

Seriously, I wish you the best. It would be kinda fun to see someone in here succeed at it.

Interesting selection of songs. Curious, are these songs a reflection of your singing talent or a reflection of your personality? I did a couple auditions for plays/musicals in high school and my music selection tended to be more about me than about my voice. Then again, I can carry a tune much better on an instrument than I can with my voice. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

Yeah I'm in a Showchoir, I take voice training, and last year out of all the high schools in my district I was selcted to sing a solo for a performance of all three high school's choirs. I'll probably be up at SFMM and Universal after we register tomorrow and I think I might not be able to tell you guys how I did until the show airs. I think if I do I face a penalty of over 1 million dollars. But hey if any of you are at SFMM i'll be hanging out with my fraternal twin so If you see twin sixteen year old guys I might be one of them. Thanks for all your support. This is my last post because we're leaving now.

Just to let you know, I had a friend who was in the Lion King when it came to LA and he didn't even make it past the first round. So it's not always about singing, it's about image. And sometimes your image might be right but they reject you anyway. You never know what can happen.

^Yes he did as a matter of fact and I go to school with him? Maybe we go to the same school. But then again, there were two young simbas. And seeing as you don't live at a location close to Valencia, I'm assuming we never went to the same school.

I knew it that American Idol was rigged. It's completely pointless to send anyone who acts or sings like a William Hung because as the judges say, stop wasting our time! Ugh, even though it does make the show more interesting. They have got to send the ridiculas people home and send the good ones to Hollywood.