TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Zipper

I, too, would love to see a newer edition of the Zipper. As it is, it's a great carnival experience that showcases the pinnacle of the carnival world.

Ew, I sound like a infomercial host.

The suspended idea is interesting, but would be hard to pull off, unless the entire ride was made bigger. The point of the cages is so that you don't get your fingers or feet taken off by the other car or the structure. If you've ever watched closely, the bottoms of the cages come within about three inches of eachother.

Now, if the ride was expanded, then it could be suspended. I could easily see that. Add on the possibility of a new loading system, maybe the whole thing could lay backwards and the arms holding the seats could pivot sideways, and everyone gets on a la Chaos, then the whole thing lifts vertically, the arms pivot sideways again, lock in place, then the ride starts off.

That would make it even more kickass.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahhh the Hurricane! now that brings back memories! the cars spinning around the tower, waiting for the bursts of air to lift the arms of the ride up and out!

the old ones had the gold sparkly carnival cars on it, but they have been updated..

here is a link to a pov of it from youtube---

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UUwVyBfMg7I

and here is a picture of a newer version

btw-- not trying to take over this great thread, someone mentioned the Hurricane so I added this...

The Zipper is an intense ride, I have only ridden it a few times in my life, and those were rough ones... I would much prefer to ride the Rock-o-planes at least you can control the car..

1715395135_hurricanemajorcarnivalride.jpeg.c8be05a2d0e214ea39daca465eabb75d.jpeg

Hurricane is so intense, how the cars go insanely fast around such a small turn at the bottom, and then shoot back up and sometimes you catch airtime before dropping back down for another neck-snapping revolution. However, it does look really cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the ride! I use to ride the Hurricane like crazy at the fairs when I was a kid!

ahhh the Hurricane! now that brings back memories! the cars spinning around the tower, waiting for the bursts of air to lift the arms of the ride up and out!

the old ones had the gold sparkly carnival cars on it, but they have been updated..

here is a link to a pov of it from youtube---

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UUwVyBfMg7I

and here is a picture of a newer version

btw-- not trying to take over this great thread, someone mentioned the Hurricane so I added this...

The Zipper is an intense ride, I have only ridden it a few times in my life, and those were rough ones... I would much prefer to ride the Rock-o-planes at least you can control the car..

I've never rode a Zipper, because i hear all those awful stories about people falling out, and i don't think carnivals have the safest rides!

WEll the Zipper I did ride didn't fell safe, and I'm not even goin to ride the orbitor because after I took a picture of it, A light came out of the ride and crashed down 5ft. away from me! It was scary!