TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Zipper

The Zipper is the most manufactured thrill ride in the world with over 250 rides in the world. I know there are a lot of true stories about people falling out of the cages and stuff like that. Hearing that may scare you out if riding the ride, it did to me. But when i rode it i got the biggest adrenaline rush i have ever had!! It is worth riding. But some people in the world arent lucky of having the MAGNIFICENT ZIPPER at their carnaival (like me ). So anyone please send a video to theme park review so unfortunate people (like me ) who dont have the pleasure of riding the ride will get to see it in action! Also feel free to post your thoughts on wether Theme Park Review should have a section of videos featuring carnival rides like the zipper!!!!!!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would love to see more sites that focus on or at least pay more attention to flat rides. I haven't been on many, but they are amazing to watch and I am sure they are fun to ride.

I have had a Zipper at my carnival every year, but I was always afraid to ride. When I finally was no longer afraid to ride, that was the first year my carnival didn't have a Zipper

Yes, I think there should be a section on TPR for flat rides.

Jumbo "now I am going to leave the hotel, and go to IOA now, bye!" shrmp

I have footage of at least half a dozen zippers, they're VERY common in the northeast. We even had one that came through my hometown which has got to be the smallest town of the smallest state (Warren, RI) but it actually had an accident, I believe a cotter pin snapped and the entire carnival stopped coming... We still have a different one that comes to nextdoor Bristol though around the 4th of July.

Anyways, I have footage of Strates, Reithoffer, Conklin, Fiesta, and a few other's colorful Zippers which I think you'll like. These are at the Brockton Fair, Bristol Carnival, Big E, and the NY State Fair.

I'll try to throw a quick video together when I get a day off. (I'm in the middle of three consecutive doubles)

I've been on the zipper once, and I'm happy with that.

You don't really get the smooth sensations created by gravity like you do on rides like the 'move-it', so I class them more as a 'adrenaline challenge' than an enjoyable ride; your main aim is to get off unhurt! If you decided to replace the cages with seats with harnesses, I don't think it would be that much of a rush...it's the risk that attracts.

But yeah, I think they're really cool to watch, they have a really good motion to them when you're watching them from a certain angle.

The first time I rode the Zipper at the Oregon State Fair, I lost feeling in my arms from gripping the bars so tightly. It really scared me! But after it was all said and done, I found I really loved the ride. Nowadays, everytime I see the Zipper, they require two people per cage and no single riders. I can never find anyone who wants to go on it with me.

A POV would be cool if anybody's got one.

Whenever I go to a carnival that doesn't have unlimited ride wristbands, I always get tickets for the one ride that looks the best. I went to a small carnival in Illinois and paid five dollars for one ride on the Zipper. It was definately the most intense flat ride I had ever ridden. The seats seemed to never stop spinning after the ride got up to full speed. When the seats were upside down going into the turn around at the bottom, they got flung around so fast that it felt like they were about to break off from those flimsy poles. One moment I was being yanked up into the lap bar while staring straight down at the ground just a few inches below, and just a split second later all of the blood rushed to my feet when the seats got flung around over and over. I'm surprised these rides still exist. They seem a little bit too dangerous, but that's what makes them so fun!

Here is a video and some info on the history of the Zipper. The first few rides produced were run at more than twice the speed that they are today!

I too was always scared to ride the zipper until a few years ago. I got on it and it was the biggest rush for me ever. Going over the "top" (When it's vertical) and not being upsidedown... Amazing airtime. My friend and I got it to flip us nine times in a row, it was insane!

The Zipper is always at my local fair! I just rode it Tuesday 3 times (would have ridden itm ore, but the line was over an hour long! ). YouTube has a lot of videos of fair rides if you still want to see some. I remember when I was younger I always thought the Zipper looked so scary, and then I finally tried it 4 or 5 years ago, and I LOVED it! I always ride it at the fair every summer!

Also feel free to post your thoughts on wether Theme Park Review should have a section of videos featuring carnival rides like the zipper!!!!!!!

Video Request Thread

Love.. That.. Ride! I like Chaos too but the Zipper is so much better! I want to ride its cousin Turbo. That looks wicked! The Zipper has amazing sensations. I adore it.

Heres a hint: If you're yet to ride one, if you do, HOLD ON if you dont chances are your head will meet the wire mesh in front of you.

Another, My maximum flip count is: 16!!! I was really sore after from rocking the car too much.

The scariest moments on the sipper for me is when your car stops spinning when you're staring at the ground (belly first basically) and you go down the side... AHH

At the Calgary Stampede, the Zipper is always the most popular ride so they've taken to bringing two Zippers every year. I just don't get the rush anymore from flat rides, so I never spend the money on ride bands, but I've always loved the Zipper. One year a 'Toonie' fell from above into our cage so me and my friend split it and each took a dollar... God Bless two dollar coins!

I have been on it once. Very intense. Lagoon has Rock-O-Plane! It is a lot like Zipper.

Not really.

I love the Zipper. I remember I first rode it with this girl at a carnival when I was like eight. On that ride we did a few of the special things Zippers do, like go over the top while going over the top while remaining upright the entire time, which provides completely insane airtime, or flipping for a whole revolution, or going around the bottom while going around the bottom while upside-down (more insane airtime), and then doing it backwards.

Zippers are just the best thing ever.

When you get the thing going it is easily my favorite flat ride, But it is one of those luck of gravity rides where every ride is different.

Most people I go to the fair with cannot stomach the ride and their "no single rider" rule SUCKS!!

I too wish there were permanent (safer) installations around.

JEFF