TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Dark Knight.......Rises

mcjaco

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar Worthy. At least for Heath Ledger.

At this point I would say it is highly likely that The Dark Knight will be nominated for Best Picture and/or Best Director. I'm not saying it will win any of the major categories, except best supporting actor, but it will be rewarded with many nominations.

My predictions:

Best Picture -

Slumdog Millionaire*

The Dark Knight

The Wrestler

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button

Milk

Best Director -

Danny Boyle - Slumdog Millionaire*

David Fincher - CCoBB

Gus Van Sant - Milk

Christopher Nolan - The Dark Knight

Ron Howard - Frost/Nixon

Edit: So, I was wrong...

• 1 year later...

The next 'Batman' movie will be called...

..."The Dark Knight Rises," according to the Los Angeles Times, in an interview with director Christopher Nolan.

Nolan and his brother Jonathan are hard at work on a script for what they see as the final chapter in a Batman trilogy, set for release in July 2012.

As one might expect, much of it is shrouded in secrecy, including what, if anything, will be done about the late Heath Ledger's Joker character (last seen - spoiler alert! - tied up and hanging upside down off the side of a building).

There's been a lot of speculation about which villain will be featured in the movie, but the Times was only able to get Nolan to rule out the Riddler (he had earlier ruled out Mr. Freeze), making Catwoman or the lesser-known Hugo Strange good possibilities. Batman's "rogues gallery" is practically endless, so Nolan could certainly come up with someone that nobody is talking about, as well.

I'm REALLY hoping we haven't seen the last of Aaron Eckharts Harvey Dent/Two Face. I wonder if Nolan regrets killing him off in The Dark Knight. Such an awesome portrayal of that character. But as we know from other movies, dying in movie two doesn't necessarily mean you are dead in movie 3.

My guess for Villian(s) for movie 3 would be Catwoman or the Penguin. I don't think you would have Catwoman AND Penguin as it would draw too many comparisons to Batman Returns.

My buddy and I made a bet, each of us picked 4 villains that we think could be in the final movie. If either of us are right, we win.

My choices:

1. Harley Quinn (this way you can keep the Joker in the movie by not showing him on screen. Harley works at Arkham and could be doing his bidding while he's behind bars)

2. Black Mask (criminal overlord)

3. Victor Zsasz (serial killer that carves a line in his body each time he kills someone)

4. Talia Al Ghul (revenge for her father)

His choices:

1. Penguin (not the comical Danny Devito version, but a mob boss style villain)

2. Bane (again, not comical, but a person a really strong guy that doesn't care about anyone/anything)

3. Deadshot

4. Calendar Man

We both tried to pick people that would be realistic in the movie.

I'm honestly glad we're not going to see The riddler. For my money he's always been a lighter version of the Joker so it just seems to be Riddler would just be rehashing the same stunts.

Now we know Nolan has said Harvey Dent is dead...so I don't know if that means Two-Face is dead as well...so that's a possibility.

I'm thinking a film consisting of Talia Al Ghul and Black Mask would be great. Perhaps toss in Bane as the muscle and I think it's the formula for a great flick!

I disagree about the Riddler. The joker was more of a comic relief "jokester" (duh), whereas the Riddler had his unique way of making his enemies figure out what he was up to. Sure being played by Jim Carrey made that character look like a complete joke, but if done seriously I think it could have been pulled off. Either way we'll never know. I just think some crazy woman obsessed with cats sounds extremely dumb. But then again, no matter who's in it, it's going to be tough to follow up to TDK, because they've already used the greatest Batman villain.

• 2 weeks later...
An actress short list for The Dark Knight Rises has turned up online, courtesy of Deadline.

Actresses that Christopher Nolan has been rumored to have met with include Anne Hathaway, Keira Knightley, Blake Lively, Natalie Portman, Naomi Watts and Rachel Weisz. The original article suggests that Nolan is casting for two different female roles, both that of Bruce Wayne's romantic interest and that of a female villain.

The Dark Knight Rises will star returning actors Christian Bale, Michael Caine and Gary Oldman as well as the recently-announced Tom Hardy in an unspecified role. The film will go into production shortly with a release planned for July 20, 2012.

Rumored The Dark Knight Rises Female Short List

Hmmm....female villain...my Harley Quinn guess could be getting closer to reality.

• 2 weeks later...
Aaron Eckhart confirmed once and for all to MTV that Harvey Dent/Two-Face will not be appearing in The Dark Knight Rises, which he says "is going to blow everybody away."

"Chris and I had a meeting, on the beach, just the two of us," Eckhart said. "I said, 'Chris, a lot of people are asking me if I'm in the next 'Batman.' And Chris said, 'Yes?' I said, 'Am I?' He looked at me and he said, 'No.'" He added that he wasn't joking about the beach part and said that they "found ourselves alone on the beach together on a stormy day and he delivered the news to me. I was heartbroken. But Chris has his reasons and my life must go on... Honestly, it was Heath's movie to go on. We had a great movie. I'm so honored to be a part of that movie."

Eckhart Confirms No Two-Face in The Dark Knight Rises

Jeez, sounds like a typical break-up scene from a movie.

I never doubted that Two-Face wouldn't be in the third movie, he seemed pretty dead at the end of Dark Knight.

• 1 month later...

Anne Hathaway is Catwoman!

Tom Hardy is Bane!

Well, that settles that, then. Warner Bros. has just announced that Anne Hathaway has won the race to star in The Dark Knight Rises... as Selina Kyle. Also known as Catwoman. “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story," said director Christopher Nolan in a press release.

And, in the same release, WB and Christopher Nolan confirmed that the role Tom Hardy will play in the eagerly-awaited Batman threequel is Bane, the muscle-bound super-steroidal freak who, in the comics, once broke Batman's back. “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

This represents a flood of information for a Christopher Nolan Bat-movie, and gives us plenty to chew on. We can't wait to see Nolan's take on the twisted relationship between Batman and the capricious Cat - and Hathaway certainly has the chops, and the curves, to fill out the catsuit. Intriguingly, Catwoman isn't mentioned in the WB press release, but with Nolan openly admitting that this is the end of his Bat-tale, it's hard to imagine that Kyle won't become Catwoman at some point in the film.

Still, heck of a year for Hathaway, what with this and her gig hosting the Oscars...

Bane is more interesting. Once again, Nolan is going down the multiple villains route - as he did with Scarecrow and Ra's Al Ghul in Batman Begins, and The Joker and Two-Face in The Dark Knight. But we're intrigued by what he and the magnificent Hardy will bring to the role of Bane, a character who could be laughable in the wrong hands (see Batman & Robin for proof). Will this Bane be more cerebral than the grunting hulk of Schumacherville? Or will he represent the first very real physical threat to Christian Bale's Bat in the trilogy?

Update: As some have pointed out, Bane in the comics is far from a grunting hulk, but a schemer who just happens to have more muscles than your average issue of Men's Health. So, when it comes to battling The Bat, he could have the perfect combination of brains and brawn...

So, what do you think? Happy with these choices? Has the Caped Crusader got enough on his plate with Catwoman and Bane to contend with, or does Nolan have another villainous surprise up his sleeve?

Source

I'm wondering if Catwoman will be considered a villain or an ally to Batman, and if she is an ally, who the other villain would be.