TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Dark Knight.......Rises

mcjaco

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think Nolan would let us cast? lol

I like your thinking, but God help us all. Still, I wouldn't say no to the idea.

As for Catwoman, Gretchen Mol (Notorious Bettie Page) would be an interesting choice. They might even be able to put a little Rock-A-Billy spin on the premise. Dita Von Tease would be another unique pin-up choice. Von Tease does have a strong presence and a sultry sophistication/elegance. Mol would do well for facial expressions and body movements (ala Betty) and has a solid presence. Either lady could do quite well.

Ahh, but there is a third option. Our very own witty and creative Diablo Cody. She could add just the right amount of humor and 'tude (two of her strong points) to the role. She also has a good presence.

Yes folks it's another addition of "Fantasy Movie Casting". Dubious casting couch sold separately. Rising, but nieve starlets not included.

Back to topic, for those who haven't, go see The Dark Knight.

I finally got around to seeing "The Dark Knight" and I must say I was very impressed. Heath Ledger was truly an astounding actor. His laugh, his walk, and that creepy tongue flicker... he was so credible as the Joker. Absolutely brilliant, spot-on performance. Christian Bale was also amazing. Finally, a PERFECT Batman. I don't know what it is about him, but he nailed the role as Bruce Wayne. I can't rave enough about how wonderful this movie was... it exceeded my expectations and more. For the second sequel, I've heard that the villain will be both Catwoman and the Penguin. There are talks with Christina Ricci or Kate Beckinsale to play the role of the Catwoman. If the next film is anywhere near as good as the Dark Knight, I'll be waiting in line for the midnight showing when it comes out!

I went and saw it again this morning. Loved it even more the second time around.

Friday, I took a couple of pictures of a few places you guys might recognize from the film. I'll try and take some more this week on my lunch breaks.

I'm glad I went back to see it again. And I think I might go one more time. The second time through I got to catch all the plot points, rather than trying to absorb the whole thing at once.

I'll try and get some pics later this week. I've got two or three random PTR's I want to do.

So here is some food for thought. Rolan wanted the third movie to be a compilation of all the major villains of the movies plus some.

Scarecrow - Alive

Joker - Alive

Two-Face - Plausibly alive (Put into a secret cell to keep the public unaware maybe)

and Ras al Gul. Now that sounds weird but according to the comics he goes into a Hole of meditation or something like that, and this hole makes him immortal. Well I thought nothing of it b/c they were based on a realism BUT I just watched Begins again and I noticed something I missed the last few times. Right before the monorail derails, he shuts his eyes and seems to be calming himself as if meditating.

It could be nothing and of course with Ledger R'ing I.P. the super league of villains might be a caput idea but maybe not.

4 returning villains plus 2 new villains. Could be interesting!

So here is some food for thought. Rolan wanted the third movie to be a compilation of all the major villains of the movies plus some.

Scarecrow - Alive

Joker - Alive

Two-Face - Plausibly alive (Put into a secret cell to keep the public unaware maybe)

and Ras al Gul. Now that sounds weird but according to the comics he goes into a Hole of meditation or something like that, and this hole makes him immortal. Well I thought nothing of it b/c they were based on a realism BUT I just watched Begins again and I noticed something I missed the last few times. Right before the monorail derails, he shuts his eyes and seems to be calming himself as if meditating.

It could be nothing and of course with Ledger R'ing I.P. the super league of villains might be a caput idea but maybe not.

4 returning villains plus 2 new villains. Could be interesting!

I sure hope they don't do that.

Spiderman 3 anybody?

All you need is one strong villain, and you're set!

How many villains did spiderman 2 have?

Batman?

Fantastic Four...wait, bad example.

3 villains just seems too much and reminds be of Batman & Robin (Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, and Bane).

I totally agree. They should stick to a villain and develop his character very well instead of having 3 villains who are there solely for the sake of having more action. However, if Christopher Nolan does return as director for the second Batman sequel (he'd be crazy not to!) and if the script is as solid as the Dark Knight and Batman: Begins, I have faith that he'll make another great movie, even if he does decide to cast three or more villains.

CNN has an article on Bale yesterday. He said he's in for a third if Nolan is. I guess that's good news. Although it's still too early.

My parents saw the movie yesterday and loved it. My Mom was excited because someone she works with someone that was an extra, and was actually in the movie. With a speaking part!

I'm glad I went back to see it again. And I think I might go one more time. The second time through I got to catch all the plot points, rather than trying to absorb the whole thing at once.

I'll try and get some pics later this week. I've got two or three random Photo TR's I want to do.

Exactly how I felt. I really felt like the whole plot made more sense the 2nd time. Great movie.