TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Dark Knight.......Rises

mcjaco

A bunch of people were speculating that the next villain is Catwoman, from the scene where Bruce asks Lucius if the new suit protects against dogs, and Lucius jokingly replies it protects against cats. It's a bit of a stretch to think that line is foreshadowing anything, but who knows.

Well, Batman does need a new girlfriend. I should say that I really did enjoy the movie.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking the next one would have three minor villains acting as a major rather then one major and a minor.

Harley Quinn, seen coming from arkum so we assume she is taking advice from joker but we never see him.

Catwoman, causing love/hate conflicts with our often troubled vigilante Batbale

And I wanna say they will bring Penguin back since it was speculated he would be in this one.

No matter what happens, if they cast a Robin for this film I will not see it, I promise that!

I was thinking the next one would have three minor villains acting as a major rather then one major and a minor.

Harley Quinn, seen coming from arkum so we assume she is taking advice from joker but we never see him.

Catwoman, causing love/hate conflicts with our often troubled vigilante Batbale

And I wanna say they will bring Penguin back since it was speculated he would be in this one.

No matter what happens, if they cast a Robin for this film I will not see it, I promise that!

I honestly cant see Harley Quiin as a real threat to Batman, even if she is getting orders thru the Joker. Catwoman, is a maybe, but a big one. Penguin and Catwoman in the same movie will never happened, they did that already. Also Bale said he wont do a movie with Robin.

Riddler is what I am leaning towards now, but who knows. I really hope they make another one, but Nolan is right, its going to be really hard to top this. Even if the next one is just a good flilm and not amazing like TDK, people will bitch that it sucks.

While I agree that topping The Dark Knight will be very very difficult, there's 300 million reason in the US alone to do another.

As for the villains if there's another Batman, the two I see making the most sense would be Catwoman and the Riddler.

^Come on, give the GP a little credit.

Lol I would but I can see the reviews already.

Why is the riddler not as psychotic as the Joker?? It would've been soooo much better!

Where as the riddler is supposed to be super intelligent and takes pleasure from puzzling people, people would see him as trying to trick people like Joker did but not as menacingly, so they'd be annoyed.

Another note from me, if Haley Berry is Catwoman I boycott!

In the past two days I've seen the movie twice. Total viewings: 3.

As for villans for next movie, I really hope they bring in Riddler. Or Penguin. Both are very good. I also hope they don't recast The Joker, I think I would be dissappointed because nobody can top Heath's performance.

---Brent

^Star Wars Episode 2 wasn't so hot on the Space and Rocket Center either. The first few minutes of the ships flying toward the planet were awesome, but after that, it was like watching a movie really big, through foggy glasses.

Ok, complete curveball for this series: Mr. Freeze. Freeze paired with another villian *could* carry the next movie. As much as I loved Mecha-Arnold (not really), the charactor could make for an intersting redo this time.

Also game for Harley Quinn. She's just cool.

I also hope they don't recast The Joker, I think I would be dissappointed because nobody can top Heath's performance.

---Brent

You can't say nobody can top Heath's performance. You can never know what someone else can do. Do I want them to recast the joker no, but you can't say that. When he was cast as the Joker everybody was like, are you kidding me Heath's going to be the joker come on, is this a joke. He suprised everyone, so maybe someone else will suprise us.

--Jay

Ok, complete curveball for this series: Mr. Freeze. Freeze paired with another villian *could* carry the next movie. As much as I loved Mecha-Arnold (not really), the charactor could make for an intersting redo this time.

Also game for Harley Quinn. She's just cool.

Who do you think would make a bad A Mr. Freeze that fits this series (Arnolds wouldn't fit this series)?

I tried to think of a couple and most I thought of I threw out, one was Johnny Depp lol

And though that sounds weird I then got thinking how awesome Depp might be as the Riddler! Thoughts on that?

^Depp as Riddler is an interesting twist. I like it.

What about Sam Neil (Jurassic Park) as Freeze? His voice tamber and build would work well, not to mention he tried out for (but didn't get) Doc Ock.

Bruce Willis is another possibility (strong presence and bald head). In a weird way, even Harold Ramis might work for a more scientific presence.

WARNING- DO NOT GO SEE THE DARK KNIGHT! YOU WILL GET ADDICTED TO IT AND NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!!!

Well I just saw it for the third time....

And well I loved it, just as much as the first time. I honestly this there is some sort of drug that is thrown at you through the screen. I can't describe it, its like I know what's going to happen but I just want to hear it again. <---NERD

Why so serious.

One thing I could possibly foresee is "The Calender man" he made an interesting assistant in ways to "The long halloween". Though personally I'd like to see The Mad Hatter paired with Scarecrow. Possibly Catwomen would do good since her and Batman seem to have a love/hate relationship set within mystery.

Oh and to tell you, HHN Dylan, the reason for the drug through screen haha. I have to say "Its all, part of the plan".

I also hope they don't recast The Joker, I think I would be dissappointed because nobody can top Heath's performance.

---Brent

You can't say nobody can top Heath's performance. You can never know what someone else can do. Do I want them to recast the joker no, but you can't say that. When he was cast as the Joker everybody was like, are you kidding me Heath's going to be the joker come on, is this a joke. He suprised everyone, so maybe someone else will suprise us.

--Jay

You're right. I also questioned why they casted Heath for The Joker and he did surprise me. Someone could come along and surprise us all again. I just believe they shouldn't recast the part because of the part nostalgic and part not making a whole lot of sense. I mean, if they recasted The Joker, we could get a whole different protrayl of the character. There is a pretty big difference between the character Jack Nicholson played and the character Heath played. I think people would be confused.

---Brent

^Depp as Riddler is an interesting twist. I like it.

What about Sam Neil (Jurassic Park) as Freeze? His voice tamber and build would work well, not to mention he tried out for (but didn't get) Doc Ock.

Bruce Willis is another possibility (strong presence and bald head). In a weird way, even Harold Ramis might work for a more scientific presence.

Bruce Willis would be to Arnold style for me but you have a good one in Sam Neil. I think of his darker character in Event Horizon and I can totally see a Mr. Freeze.

So Sam Neil as Freeze

Depp as Riddler

Now we need a Catwoman and we can write our petition to Nolan!!

I'm thinking Charlize Theron maybe, I just don't want Catwoman to be a series ruiner by just being a sexy eyecandy leather suit actress!

I'm I the only one that was not really impressed with Batman? Granted, I think this was the best film I have seen so far this year and it was way better then Indy 4 but I'm not inspired to go see it again. I can't really put my finger on why. Maybe I bought into the hype and expected to much. I'll wait a few weeks and go see it again and see if my opinion changes.

The best part of the movie is by far the performance of Heath Ledger. He was awesome and I thought that was an Academy Award performance. Although I don't think they would ever give it to someone in this type of movie.

^ Are you saying that his death will infulence the Academy more? That does't make sense, I mean the worst actor in the world could give a performace that was decent and then die. Would that give him a better chance as an actor to earn an Oscar? I don't think so. However, in Heath's case, he already did a stupendous job and I don't think his death would have anything to do influencing the Academy to get him the Oscar.

---Brent

I'm I the only one that was not really impressed with Batman?

I think that was where I was at when I left the theater. I couldn't put my finger on it, but I left feeling kind of let down. The longer I thought about it, the more I realized how deep the movie was, and it was much more than what I had just "seen." Then I began to really like it. If that makes sense.

I'm going back to see it in a week or so. I think there was almost too much to take in, and it became overwhelming, which led to my confussion of whether or not I liked it.

I can't wait to see this movie.It will probably be coming to one of our theaters in about a couple weeks or so.From the previews I've seen I think this will definitely probably be my new favorite Batman movie, and possibly my favorite ever, it just looks amazing.I have seen all of the other movies in the Warner Bros. Batman series and the movie from 1966, and the one from the 60s is my current favorite.

^ Are you saying that his death will infulence the Academy more? That does't make sense, I mean the worst actor in the world could give a performace that was decent and then die. Would that give him a better chance as an actor to earn an Oscar? I don't think so. However, in Heath's case, he already did a stupendous job and I don't think his death would have anything to do influencing the Academy to get him the Oscar.

---Brent

I'm saying that no matter how unbiased anybody says they are, there will always be a bias, and it is human nature to feel sympathy for well respected, well known celebrities who pass on or other matters.

So even though there will be no blatent pity votes it will still affect the subconcious of the voters therefore biasing their opinion.

It is the same reason that many people get off Scott free in our jury system, because no matter how unbiased and "fair" the jury SAYS they are they will still vote from the heart too much.