TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Dark Knight.......Rises

mcjaco

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting until next Sunday morning. I've found the theaters to be quieter then.

So no SPOILERS!

My girlfriend said DK will be showing on the local IMAX as well. Also read some of the chase scenes were shot in IMAX for better quality. Sounds cool and will probably do IMAX, but AFTER seeing in a regular theatre.

Both girlfriend and I are excited to see this one. Seems like it'll be the 800 lb. gorilla of the summer.

My girlfriend said DK will be showing on the local IMAX as well. Also read some of the chase scenes were shot in IMAX for better quality. Sounds cool and will probably do IMAX, but AFTER seeing in a regular theatre.

Both girlfriend and I are excited to see this one. Seems like it'll be the 800 lb. gorilla of the summer.

I've got the choice between IMAX at 9AM, or the regular showing at 9:30AM. I'm still going with the regular showing first.

Some of the chase scenes were, as well as some of the stunt segments. It should be cool!

The 3 day box office record is Spiderman 3, which grossed around $151 million.

Batman has a chance at breaking that record, but it is going to be seen on fewer screens. Spiderman 3 was released before the major summer box office hits were out, whereas Batman has to compete for screens with Hancock etc...

The presells are very high, and pretty much everyone I know is going to see it this weekend. So it certainly has an outside chance at the box office record. Plus the reviews have been positive, Rotten Tomatoes has it at 90% positive!!!

I went to a signing yesterday in Hollywood for the film score. Both composers were there and it really hyped me up for the movie tonight. I've been listening to the music and it's decent, seems to be a rehash of the first film but I'm sure it will go great with the movie.