TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Norcal Earthquake

CD

CrAzy

I've always wished to xperience a quake - if I don't die

I went to a museum a couple of years ago in San Jose, CA and it had all this roller coaster stuff (that's why we went) but they also had an earthquake simulator. It was freaky, you stand on it and then you push the button and it just started shifting...it was supposed to be like the one in SF in 1906.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CrAzy

I've always wished to xperience a quake - if I don't die

I went to a museum a couple of years ago in San Jose, CA and it had all this roller coaster stuff (that's why we went) but they also had an earthquake simulator. It was freaky, you stand on it and then you push the button and it just started shifting...it was supposed to be like the one in SF in 1906.

Oh yea...the Tech Museum...I went there a few years ago and saw the rollercoaster thingy. Anyway, they had one of those earthquake sims at Steinhart Aquarium in SF as well way back when I was younger...dunno if it's still there or not.

And earthquakes feel kinda weird...it worries me though as I have tons of shelves in my room and I don't want to have things crash down and bonk me in the head while I'm sleeping or anything.

Weird thing!!!!

Wy don't we have some of these in Denmark

Probably because Denmark does not sit on any fault lines. Mainly areas that sit on fault lines get them. Other than those areas, it is rare to have an earthquake anywhere else. Of course it can always happen aywhere, but you don't have to worry about them that much.

• 5 months later...
Weird thing!!!!

Wy don't we have some of these in Denmark

Probably because Denmark does not sit on any fault lines. Mainly areas that sit on fault lines get them. Other than those areas, it is rare to have an earthquake anywhere else. Of course it can always happen aywhere, but you don't have to worry about them that much.

We have a lot of earthquakes here in Denmark, but we just can't feel them

A month ago I think it was we had three earthquakes in three days. The first one was like at night and it was a 3.7 and the windows rattled really loud and the whole house like shook. It really scared me because I hadn't actually felt an earthquake before that. THEN the next night, we had another that was a 3.6 and then the next morning, there was a 3.5. Those were pretty crazy 3 days. Also, to a previous post, earthquakes are only somewhat fun when they are short and when you aren't by rattly windows, though I didn't really enjoy the experience.

I didn't feel this one (of course), but I do remember the WI earthquake of two-thousand-sndieuahs. I think it was a 3.4?

It happened at about 1 in the morning... I thought a ghost was shaking my bed. Yeah.

I also remember the falk explosion in December 2006 - the windows in our school almost blew!

A couple weeks ago we had a 2.5 magnitude earthquake. Yes I know Pennsylvania is nowhere near any major fault lines, but millions of years ago the fault line that caused this quake was stronger. Now we have small quakes every 4 to 5 years the strongest being 4.5 back in 1994.

I didn't feel this one (of course), but I do remember the WI earthquake of two-thousand-sndieuahs. I think it was a 3.4?

It happened at about 1 in the morning... I thought a ghost was shaking my bed. Yeah.

I also remember the falk explosion in December 2006 - the windows in our school almost blew!

the 3.4 earthquake was funny, im like what the hell, then i turn on my TV, The news is talking about an earthquake then im all, "but we're in WI"