TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

*TENTATIVE* Dates & Info About TPR's 2007 Group Trips

The more that I think about it - the more I think that the Midwest trip would be perfect for me. I haven't had a vacation in years and it would be great to meet a fun group of people that shares a passion of mine. I'm really looking forward to the flyers firming up the details.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you flying into Cincinatti for the Midwest trip, here are a few tips that I've found:

1) Try flying into Kentucky or Indianapolis, I have found flights that are VERY VERY CHEAP. You may actually save money flying into one of these smaller airports then flying directly to Cincinatti. If you rent a cheap far for the hour drive from Kentucky (or 2 hours 30 mins Aprox. from Indianapolis) you may save upwards of 50 bucks.

2) For you Greyhound riders, Try to get a student discount. If you are enrolled in any type of school you can get this discount (High School, College, ETC.) Even if you arent, You can probably say you are.

I just have 1 more question, then I'll stop bugging y'all:

When pledges are being accepted, and everyone's scrambling to write a check/ make a wire deposit/ however they get you the money, will we be notified if we make the top 50 that go on the trip? And if we dont then when people go in / drop out up to the point that we're next in the waiting list, would we be notified of that then?

I just have 1 more question, then I'll stop bugging y'all:

When pledges are being accepted, and everyone's scrambling to write a check/ make a wire deposit/ however they get you the money, will we be notified if we make the top 50 that go on the trip? And if we dont then when people go in / drop out up to the point that we're next in the waiting list, would we be notified of that then?

Of course they would notify you. I think people are way to worried about how fast the deposits are going to come in. With three trips that means as many as 150 deposits. There is no way they will all go the first day. So relax and in your case worry more about your age and less about your deposit.

I have the "go" for the Midwest trip.

I'll be 16 in less then a month if you were all wondering...

Sorry if this is kinda too early to ask this, but if we are under the age of 18, I understand that we need to get the Alvey's to get in contact with my legal guardian. Will I be able to do this before deposits are accepted so I wont be "put out" of the running?

As said by someone else, I also have been a bit of a lurker here. I have been reading the forums for some time, but never really posted, so I thought I'd do so now.

I'm intrested in the Midwest trip, but I kind of got lost in the thread, so I'm not sure if I should ask here or email Robb (as both have been instructed). I guess I'm just basicly asking to be put on the flyer list for Midwest, thanks. And if I was supposed to email instead, I'm sorry, my fault. Thanks...

Sorry to post this as i'm sure it's been answered but have the flyers gone out yet?

Nope, they havent gone out yet. I dont think they'l come out for another couple of weeks, but dont quote me on that.

And why does everyone have such doubts of me being able to go on the trip? I'll be 17 when the time for the Mid-America trip rolls around, and Ryan (not to make an example or drag him into this) was only 16 when we went out of the country on the UK tour.

I just wanna ride Voyage, Kentucky Rumbler, TTD, etc....

^ I don't think anyone is doubting you personally. There seems to be a ton of 18 and under posters responding that they are "in" for a trip. You have to be logical, most of them are not going to get to go because of money, parental units not letting them go, or possibly not getting the go ahead from the Alveys.

I know in my case that my parental unit has said yes and money is not a problem for me. My fall/spring job will pay 75+ dollars a week, and I already have enough for the low end deposit that was quoted. ($150)

Which brings me back to my earlier question with the Alvey's.

And why does everyone have such doubts of me being able to go on the trip? I'll be 17 when the time for the Mid-America trip rolls around, and Ryan (not to make an example or drag him into this) was only 16 when we went out of the country on the UK tour.

Ryan was only 15 on the trip and he was a special case. Ryan is a freind of my family and I was responsible for him. Elissa signed the papers too because he flew in a day before I got there. He also has done a lot of traveling and had been out of the country before.

Anyone here think they would just drive to Cincinnati for the Midwest Trip? The way I see it, from here in Eastern North Carolina to Cincinnati is about 610 miles, or around 10 hours, so round trip would be about 1220 miles, so if my car gets about 35 mpg, that would be around 35 Gallons, and for laughters sake we will say gas around then may be around $3.20, so then it would be about $112.

Now if I were to fly out of Raleigh to Cincinnati, it would be about $285 (which is the cheapest I have found so far). Not to mention that if I bring someone along, gas money can be split.

Personally, I am all for taking a nice little trip to the Queen city on the road

The European trip looks like its gonna be awesome, for anyone going from the UK, (particularly London) we could try n travel together?

Im going alone on the trip so anyones welcome to introduce themselves.

Im going alone on the trip so anyones welcome to introduce themselves.

Yea, my parents main beef about this whole trip thing is that I dont know anybody I could be going with, that and I'll be all by me onesy goin through 5 states of the US.

So, who wants to be my friend?

I, unfortunately, have to stick out two more years until I can go on one of these trips, partially because I have to lose like 100 pounds and partially because then I'll be 18. So until then I will watch from the sidelines. Sad and pathetic.

partially because I have to lose like 100 pounds

Not if you join A.C.E.!

Seriously Im looking forward to the Japan trip, eating healthy japanese food for over 2 weeks and walking around parks every day, Im bound to lose a few pounds...that is unless we go to Mickey D's a lot

...that is unless we go to Mickey D's a lot

Which reminds me... how many actual McDs did we get to or thru, on the UK trip? I don't remember that many at all. Mainly Burger King and Pizza Hut, few KFC, I do remember at a lot of the parks.

McDs was at Chessington, yes? Alton Towers? Hmmm. Don't remember them all, if seen, but not gone into...

Just a question of current remarks made in regards to 'future touring'...