TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

*TENTATIVE* Dates & Info About TPR's 2007 Group Trips

Perfect dates for the midwest trip. I'm afraid there will be way more applicants than the 50 spots available, however.

Nonetheless, I will shoot for this trip. I'm on a family vacation during the Spain trip and am working during the Japan trip, unfortunately.

Matt

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Midwest USA - Fly In/Out of Cincinnati, OH Airport

Fly Out Friday, Aug 3

Fly Back Monday, Aug 13

Parks Included: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Beech Bend, Six Flags Great America, King's Island, Wisconsin Dells, Indiana Beach, and more to be announced later this month.

I know I'm doing this trip!

The only Midwest park that I have been to is Cedar Point.

Midwest? that's MY home territory! if I can manage it with my schedule, I'm definitely going to try and go! Is there a way that we could reserve a spot, pay for it, and then possibly (not saying that I would for sure do this) get a refund when it gets closer to the trip? Just in case I find out at the last minute that I couldn't go? Is that possible, or is it unfair to everyone else? Just curious..

With the UK trip there was an initial refundable deposit but after that it was non-refundable.

Personally, I think it'd be a bit unfair to hold a spot when you're not even sure you can go while there are those who wish to go but can't due to lack of space.

Especially when it's your home area and you can hit all those parks on your own any time you want.

Just my opinion, however.

Matt

Yeah new trips goody goody. But I do have a favor to ask of the people that were on the UK trip that live in the midwest and not going to do the midwest trip. PLEASE come visit us at the parks! You know the fanboys are gonna drive me nuts. You have to save us.....esspecially if you are apart of the BOTBC, (hint, hint Rich, Melanie and Larry, Jim, Jim Carl Nicole, Derek and everyone else who I missed.) DON'T LEAVE ME WITH THE FANBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!! I stick out so I can be spotted anywhere. Fangirls I can deal with...yeah baby:) And yes Nicole you were the one who said you were a Casey Fangirl first so I give you credit:)

Casey"I love fangirls"Childers

Casey.. dude... you can kick the ass of all of the fanboys at the same time... I want YOU to protect ME!!!

With the UK trip there was an initial refundable deposit but after that it was non-refundable.

Depends on how late you pulled out... I did so in March and still got most of my money back.

Especially when it's your home area and you can hit all those parks on your own any time you want.

I've been to half the parks on the trip, and half of those are very 'meh' to me (re Cedar Point, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World)... but I'll try to do these trips because of the people on them. I have no problem with locals wanting to do the itineray because of the awesomeness of TPR.

In my opinion, of course.

- Joe

America would be ace. I'll like get saving?

Spain is like. Garenteed? Like £25 flights from the UK...

Hmm. These trips are basically gonna fill up like really fast, are you doing it on first come first serve? Cause I know mail can sometimes take a while to get over the Atlantic..

LOL Joe, yeah your right I forgot about that. Duh....might have my friends come with me on this trip. They live right behind me and are basically family to me. If they go with me...OMG this will be one TPR trip to remember. And with all the new friends that I will meet on this trip....wow this would be an awesome trip. I have never been to any parks in the midwest and my friends are new coaster fanatics so this would be a great ideal trip for me and a great way for my friends to see what TPR trips are all about.

Casey "Do they have Beer in the midwest " Childers

I'm on the east coast

Will the trip include just the bus and parks also ?

So if I drive or fly out to the meeting point from here in NJ ?

also can we do say half the trip ?

thanks

The trip cost will include transportation, accomidation, park admission, usually at least one meal per day, and any park perks we might get as an added bonus.

You cannot do "half the trip." Well techincally I guess you could, but you would have to pay for the whole trip.

We do not "part out" the trip because that would defeat the point of doing a "tour."

For those of you who asked about pricing...PLEASE go back and READ the entire post:

Please do not ask us about price, parks, or other details yet as we just don't have enough confirmed.

To answer Ed's question. Last year we did the trip deposits on a first come/first server basis. We will most likely do the same this year, however if we do get more than 50 deposits all at once, we might have to go to a "lottery" system.

Also note that members who have participated in a previous TPR trip WILL get "priority seating" on these trips.

--Robb

I've been to half the parks on the trip, and half of those are very 'meh' to me (re Cedar Point, Kentucky Kingdom, Holiday World)... but I'll try to do these trips because of the people on them. I have no problem with locals wanting to do the itineray because of the awesomeness of TPR.

In my opinion, of course.

- Joe

I have no issues with locals going, just locals soaking up spots when they aren't even sure they can go!

As for midwest beer, I believe "bland" is an adequate descriptor.

Matt

All those trips look really good.

AS Spain and Italy are very short flights away, so I can do these at the drop of a hat anytime really.

Midwest trip in August looks very good, but the price of flights from the UK will be through the roof at that point, so that's a big problem.

Japan looks like awesome time just waiting to happen. Out of our main summer season, so reasonable airfare - and a brand new destination for a lot of people.

Here is a question (excuse me if it has been addressed):

I will most likely NOT be able to do the Spain trip because of a prior obligation, but Catrina and I would be very interested in the Italy add-on. While I assume that Spain trip people will have first dips, there is always a certain number of "losers" who can't do the add-on.

Anyway ... here's my question. Is there a deposit for the Italy add-on or do I need to pay it all up front. I just want to make sure that I get the money in immediately to guarantee one of the few spots.

Yeah, all of those trips definately 'look' good.

Shame is that I couldn't make the Japan trip, because of darn school...

Midwest or Spain+Italy are possible though, it just depends of how much the flight to Cincinnati costs at that time of the year, also

due to many 'mid landings' . And lastly I think my school starts on the 14th August, the next day after the trip ends, which is a bit typical.

Actually I can't see any reason why I couldn't come to the Spain+Italy trip at the moment

I'd hardly consider Ohio local for me! I'm very interested in the Midwest Trip since I've never been to most of those parks and, it'll probably be the most affordable. Now to just convince my wife that I should go! She hailed from Cincinnatti so, that may be the one thing that puts it over!

Personally, I think it'd be a bit unfair to hold a spot when you're not even sure you can go while there are those who wish to go but can't due to lack of space.

Just my opinion, however.

Matt

Yeah I totally understand that. Except in about 2 weeks, they won't be my homeparks anymore. I'm moving to Florida on the 12th.. and so I'd be wanting to come back home to Illinois to see family and friends sometime next year in the summer, so if I can arrange it, i'd make it around the same time as this trip. That way I can kill 2 birds with one stone. But yeah, I definitely understand about it not being fair to reserve a spot if I'm not sure if I can go.. I'm going to look into that as soon as I get the opportunity. I was just askin..