TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dueling Dragons Queue line...

I was putzing around yesterday and started thinking about something completely random. As many times as I've been to IOA and have ridden DD, I've never waited longer than about 20-30 mintues, which includes the front row. Of course, being a native Floridian, I was always able to pick and chose the best times to go to the park and avoid big crowds.

So with that said, I'm throwing this one out to all of you who have visited at busier times. What's the longest you've ever waited to ride? Please be sure to state whether it was front row or not, and when you visited.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ It does seem somewhat odd at times when you think of it. Then again, they probably had the thought process that two coasters should probably mean twice the size of the queue? I don't think they anticipated the people-eater it turned out to be....and the fact that most people run to the Hulk first probably helps it out even more. Just a thought.

Yeah I used to work there.. during Horror Nights the line would be into the extended queue outside (which is a mess of ropes.. so we just worked with what we could) but that's as long as Ive seen it.. 90 minutes max. And that was only until people smashed open fire extinguishers and we had to evac

IOA gets some HUGE crowds and Dueling Dragons isn't exactly the fastest dispatching Inverted coaster out there. Even though it should be since it is the only one with Unload and Load areas.

That's a good point. It's easy to forget that it's got the unload area. Someone please help me out on this one. I feel like an idiot for not being sure on this one, but.....it is a 3-train operation, is it not? I've never been at a time when more than 2 were really needed, and for the life of me, I can't remember seeing a third for either side in the shed. Wow, my memory is really going, I guess.

I waited 45 minutes for Dueling Dragons once over Christmas and during HHN.

I saw an 80 minute wait this summer.

The most trains I've seen on Dragons is 2, even though they can use 3. The Hulk usually runs with 3 trains during busy times. BTW, the longest line I've seen for the Hulk is 110 minutes during HHN.

Back in May, I was there during the rehab of DD, but they had it open on the Friday I was there. We got to IOA at 9 and got 3 straight front row rides (2 fire, 1 Ice) we just walked to the repeat rider line and went back on! That was great. maybe 10 min wait total for all 3 rides.

Yeah when I went in Oct 04, the line was never longer than 10 minutes. And I used my Hotel Pass to just cut the line so I didn't have to walk around. But DAMN that line is so damn long. I would never imagin waiting in it when it's full. Thats just insane.

Yaeh it holds the record for having the longest queue line ever! This is just my opinion, but at IOA, it seems that they put A LOT of lines/switchbacks for amost of the major lines, which is expected, but I have never seen the lines fill up the entire switchback. Hulk having their largest portion of switchbacks outside the main building, Spiderman having half of theirs out to the side of the building, Dudley Do Right, having theirs outside the main building, and Jurassic park having theirs scattered around.

I was there on the last Saturday in June and I was able to walk on, even for the front seat. They wouldn't let me stay on, though. I had to walk all the way around and through the queue to get on again. Good thing it's an amazing queue! It was just strange. Lines for the Hulk and Spiderman were 60+, but everything in the Lost Continent area was basically forgotten by the GP. We even got into Mythos right away with no reservations! It's funny how some people are just too lazy to walk to the back of a park.