TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, does anyone know when Lake Compounce changed their Potato Patch fries?

In the past, they were these beautiful, hand-cut things.

1532687672_PotatoPatchFries.thumb.jpg.363f5d781cd0ce97f4c74078f16826f5.jpg

A few weeks ago, I got these waffle fries. They were still good, but they weren't the Potato Patch fries I remembered.

1532687672_PotatoPatchFries.thumb.jpg.363f5d781cd0ce97f4c74078f16826f5.jpg

968376194_PotatoPatchFries.thumb.jpg.dd79961565cc485c7bad5b2c14a07f29.jpg

...whaaaat? I can deal with Boulder Dash being a bit sluggish, I can deal with the skyride coming down. I can make myself okay with losing Enterprise and Lights Out, I can suffer through most of the changes. But no more real potato patch fries...

I give up, SFNE is my home park now.

(only sort of half joking. Seriously though, potato patch fries are huge, wtf were they thinking?)

:lol: Why would anyone go here when Six Flags New England exists?

I really wish I didn't agree with this, but...yeah. I used to absolutely love the place, they used to do so much right, but...I don't know if it's park management, or Parques Reunidos sticking their noses in, or what...it's just not same. It's starting to really get that feeling that the staff and management just don't care about it. Maintenance is really suffering; Boulder Dash is a shadow of itself even on "good" days, lighting packages are falling apart (the ferris wheel is an absolute tragedy right now), food isn't the same as it was. It's hard to get over losing the incredibly unique sky ride, harder since they haven't done anything to replace it.

I've had a season pass for LC for the last ten years or so, I've spent SO much time here; hell, my avatar is a crop from art of the park...but it's just really hard to come up with any reason I'd want to go out of my way to get there now, apart from the Haunted Graveyard (well, and stopping at O'Rourkes diner on the way...)

Meanwhile, while LC seems to be falling apart, SFNE seems to be getting better every year... I don't see this ending well for LC if they don't turn things around.

Pretty sure the fries are back to normal now. I think they had those at the end of the summer season. Probably just ran out of something required to make the fries or didn't have anyone to make them. They have those waffle fries in the Croc Pot and instead of having no fries, they were serving those. They also won't have baked potatoes until next year, I think there is an issue with an oven.

This will likely be the first year in quite some time that BD has gone an entire season without a single two train op day. I saw one day in 17 and 18. The blue train is on, but I believe there have been some issues with test runs. It is crazy that they used to be able to rehab 2 trains during the off-season, and now they can't even do one. They really need to overhaul their maintenance department, it is obvious there are many issues.

Also If you are a fan of Wipeout (If there are even any), I would suggest riding it while you can. It will be replaced very soon, likely at the end of next year but could be this year too. It has reached the end of its lifespan.

The Graveyard is also awesome as usual. Tons of actors this year and they are really good. The park decor is nice and actors there are good as well, but it has been better. The big disappointment is the non-decorated front tunnel due to the new metal detector checkpoint.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm surprised they're open because I remember one year where Halloween was on a Saturday, but they were closed the next day.

But I'll happily take my extra night rides on Boulder Dash this weekend.

I agree! And contrary to other people on this forum Ive had great trips recently

Pretty sure the fries are back to normal now. I think they had those at the end of the summer season. Probably just ran out of something required to make the fries or didn't have anyone to make them. They have those waffle fries in the Croc Pot and instead of having no fries, they were serving those. They also won't have baked potatoes until next year, I think there is an issue with an oven.

I can confirm the original fries were back and the portion seemed larger than usual.

IMG_20191101_214919.thumb.jpg.e314f40b5bae60f79d8fae576eaa21e3.jpg

• 4 months later...

At the ACE Great Nor'Easter event, Lake Compounce shared a few interesting tidbits for the 2020 season.

- They hope to have two trains running on Boulder Dash this year. As for track work, the park said they added some new steel bracing on the far turn, but most of the track work was focused on Wildcat instead.

- The park gradually wants to start adding theming to their older rides. They plan to start with the Saw Mill Plunge log flume.

- The mirror room on Ghost Hunt is having targets added. There previously were none on this part of the ride.

- The new Venus Vortex water slide will have 3 person tubes. Do any other slides out there have 3 person tubes? I was wondering how those may look.

- They're adding the Main Gate Creamery, a lactose-free "creamery" by the main entrance.

Wipeout wasn't discussed, but I know that ride is probably on its last legs.

Jerry has been pretty vocal about its replacement for several years now. A new flat would certainly be a nice change for the dry park and is about overdue considering one of their best flats (Enterprise) was removed.

• 2 weeks later...