TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

It's good to hear about the work being done on both coasters. I absolutely LOVED Boulder Dash and hearing that it had gotten so rough was very disheartening. As far as Wildcat - I've always wanted to like that coaster, but have never had an enjoyable ride on it. It isn't rough in a fun way, it has always been just shuffly and uncomfortable (I didn't yet know of the "Mean Steak" method which might have made it a bit better.)

David

P.S. I also agree that their boomerang is probably the best of the ones I've ridden.

Sounds like the triple up is being replace by a double up designed by Alan Schilke. Seems like a double up would be pretty basic so maybe something about it is extreme and needs new trains.

Where did you find this? Why would Alan Schilke design the double up when the trackwork is being done with M&V? A part of me really hopes this is false because the triple up is one of my favorite parts of the ride and I'd hate to see it go.

Sounds like the triple up is being replace by a double up designed by Alan Schilke. Seems like a double up would be pretty basic so maybe something about it is extreme and needs new trains.

I'm having trouble believing this. Considering M&V are re-tracking both of Lake Compounce's wooden coasters, a complete reconstruction of one of Boulder Dash's elements into something new seems like a waste of resources.

Lake Compounce have confirmed that this information is fake

1a1b53ea16697d2abc80af4cb0dc5b38.png

I believe those comments are from a post on a page run by someone who lies and is completely clueless. He posted that both coasters were getting flyers 100% and that is what they commented about. The info that Rus posted is likely 100% true, Rus never posts stuff that is not confirmed. He likely received that info straight from the park. As for millennium flyers, if they were to get them at all, I think they will go on WC, but will be announced later.

No offense, but I'm not believing what the A.C.E. say is true until either A) Lake Compounce sends out an official press blast or B) we start seeing supports come down at that triple up section. I don't care how many ins they apparently have - this reconstruction / re-profiling / re-tracking / whatever is obviously not enough of a deal that it will affect how the public experiences either of the coasters.

I'm ready and willing to be proven wrong, but I'll pass on the Kool-Aid this time, thanks.

Rus is also highly unreliable as well. Last year he said that LC and SF media events don't allow you to bring a guest with you despite the parks asking about guests in a way to get more people to buy ACE memberships. I'd take everything that comes out from these sources with a grain of salt.

They have annouced that Martin & Vleminckx will be retracking Boulder Dash with new Gravity Group Timberliners!!!!! This looks amazing and I can't wait to see how it turns out!!! I have a friend who knows stuff, and I can say, this will be overall a good year with more still to come!!!!!!!

since we know its a hoax now might I ask where you got this info from

They have annouced that Martin & Vleminckx will be retracking Boulder Dash with new Gravity Group Timberliners!!!!! This looks amazing and I can't wait to see how it turns out!!! I have a friend who knows stuff, and I can say, this will be overall a good year with more still to come!!!!!!!

The M&V retracking was confirmed on the parks official Instagram. The park also posted a picture of a Millennium Flyer train so we have reason to believe either BD or WC or both are getting new trains this year.

I heard it from that same the people were tearing apart above

I'm hoping for Timberliners myself, but any train that helps reduce stress on Boulder Dash and keeps it smooth is an upgrade with me. My only gripe with Millennium Flyers is that the lap bars are heavy and always pushing down. However, they are incredibly comfortable.

I've been on two coasters that used to have PTC trains that switched to flyers- Wildcat (Hershey) and GhostRider. From posts on the Knott's forum, it seems the airtime isn't as intense as before. I only rode it after the flyers were added but found the ride smooth and fast with some solid floater air. Hershey's Wildcat went from a rough, ejector-air filled coaster to a reasonably smooth ride with some pops of air when switching to flyers. With the flyers, it felt slower. Having said that, Boulder Dash maintains its speed so well that I can't see anyother train slowing it down enough to remove the air.

So just to clarify and figure out all these rumors:

True: Re-tracking wooden coasters.

Maybe: New trains.

False: Alan Schilke BS.

No, Alan Schilke did design the double up. The park announced months ago that the triple up was going to be removed. I have personally talked with jerry Brick, and the triple up is indeed going away. ACE confirmed with the park that schilke designed the double up. Why can't you people grasp that info?

^I do agree that they could easily replace the triple-up with a double-up during the re-tracking and it seems likely that they will do that. However, there have been no good sources saying that Alan Schilke has anything to do with it. It was just one email from one person from ACE who has gotten information wrong, potentially on purpose, in the past. And even then, while I'm almost positive that there will be re-tracking, that's not even 100% confirmed.