TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

On Sunday, everything was a walk on and got to marathon both Phobia and Boulder Dash. Phobia is a fun ride and a great addition to the park, although Boulder Dash seemed a little rough the further back in the train you went - great front seat rides though. Nice to enjoy the day with no waits, as it will definitely not ne the case this summer.

I wish Mack would use a more attractive front end on their trains for these coasters, like they do for their larger ones. It looks cheap. Especially considering how nice Lake Compounce made the station and area look.

I think this is a great choice for the park and can't wait to ride it and BD again. They were long overdue for someething like this.

I wish Mack would use a more attractive front end on their trains for these coasters, like they do for their larger ones. It looks cheap. Especially considering how nice Lake Compounce made the station and area look.

I think this is a great choice for the park and can't wait to ride it and BD again. They were long overdue for someething like this.

If you're referring to Phobia, it was made by Premier. If you're referring to something else or I'm missing something, what trains/attraction are you talking about?

I watched the opening ceremony for Phobia, thought it was very creative how they invited people with various phobias to ride first. Interesting to see the reaction of people who had coaster phobias, quite a ride to challenge yourself to

If you're referring to Phobia, it was made by Premier. If you're referring to something else or I'm missing something, what trains/attraction are you talking about?

Oops. Premier. I made a mistake.

I agree!! We just left, did SFNE and then hit up the BoGo deal. Phobia is a great addition to the park. It looks great being slight angled in the park, and really adds a thrill level that the park was missing.

Rode BD three times, Wildcat once, thunder and lightning twice (love this thing) and phobia twice.

Some free soda and a chair lift ride and we are back on the road!

Nice photos! That disk-o almost seems like a "mini-Phobia" being almost the exact same color scheme.

Thanks! I wish the weather would have cooperated a bit better though. I'll just have to get back on a sunny day when the colors really stand out.

Also I was watching a POV of this ride and noticed that they have finished the station roof since media day.

ebadfc09516921f0c96c51449bc6c21a.png

I'm planning a road trip to Lake Compounce this summer to get as many rides on Boulder Dash as possible. Would someone please tell me how crowded I should expect the park to be on:

Sunday, June 19, 2016 (Fathers Day),

Monday, June 20,

Tuesday, June 21?

I read a post from several years ago in this thread that said someone got 74 rides on Boulder Dash on a Sunday! Thanks.

Sunday may be the best day, but it really depends on the weather. Pass holders can bring a friend free on any Monday and Tuesday so those days usually have more of a crowd than they used to. Also Sunday has a better chance of two train operations.

Does anyone know what's going on with the swing ride at Compounce? (Wave Swinger) Been following Phobia construction all winter and I never saw anything about removing the swing ride. Staff had no clue, one girl said it was going to be a surprise.

Got to ride Phobia for the first time this weekend. Perfect weather and the park was near empty. I think Phobia looks great in the park, fits right in where Enterprise was. Ride is fast and short and tight. Love how coming out of the top roll you head straight down towards a big old boulder in the ground. The ride is almost over before you experience it, you catch up afterwards.

Does anyone know what's going on with the swing ride at Compounce? (Wave Swinger) Been following Phobia construction all winter and I never saw anything about removing the swing ride. Staff had no clue, one girl said it was going to be a surprise.

Got to ride Phobia for the first time this weekend. Perfect weather and the park was near empty. I think Phobia looks great in the park, fits right in where Enterprise was. Ride is fast and short and tight. Love how coming out of the top roll you head straight down towards a big old boulder in the ground. The ride is almost over before you experience it, you catch up afterwards.

What happened to Wave Swinger? If they removed it, then that sucks. It's the fastest Wave Swinger out there, to the point that it's actually disorienting and forceful! One possibility is that it could be going through some refurbishment or not set up for the season yet. Because I don't really see how it would interfere with Phobia.

I can answer my own question for anyone interested. Compounce responded to an e-mail I sent this morning about the swings. They said are doing some refurbishing on them, should be back up in a couple of weeks. It really looked like it was going to be gone, didn't look like a simple off season break-down, there were parts everywhere. My daughter will be happy it's not gone.

When I went last summer, I got a longer than usual cycle on them. Partway through the cycle someone yelled that they wanted to get off so the operator stopped the ride and let them off and allowed everyone else to stay on for another complete cycle.

Visited LC today to check out Phobia. Crowds were much lighter than I was expecting but operations.... yikes! No bueno. This really caught me off guard as it's always been a well-run park during previous visits, even when extremely busy, e.g Haunt event.

Boulder Dash was running well and Phobia is definitely a solid ride.

I can answer my own question for anyone interested. Compounce responded to an e-mail I sent this morning about the swings. They said are doing some refurbishing on them, should be back up in a couple of weeks. It really looked like it was going to be gone, didn't look like a simple off season break-down, there were parts everywhere. My daughter will be happy it's not gone.

Last season, the Wave Swinger was making some pretty terrible noises on and off all season, especially on braking. It's definitely the best wave swinger but running it that fast must take its toll on it, so repairs aren't a surprise. They put a lot of money into the LED upgrade and refurbishment on it not too long ago, though, and the park's Gm always seems to speak fondly of the ride; no hints that it might be going soon like we got with the Rotor and Enterprise. I expect it'll stay at the park for quite a long time.

Visited LC today to check out Phobia. Crowds were much lighter than I was expecting but operations.... yikes! No bueno. This really caught me off guard as it's always been a well-run park during previous visits, even when extremely busy, e.g Haunt event.

Eep. That's depressing to hear. They were terrible opening day, but I hoped they'd be better by now. I don't know what's going on this year but they need to fix things fast.

a n00b question - i'm trying to organize a ticket for my visit on 13-Jun. I see regular admission at 42.99, then there are 4 day advance ticket and 7 day advance ticket, cheaper by 4 and 7 dollars each.

Are those advance tickets valid from 4 or 7 day of the purchase or valid on the 4th or 7th day from the day of purchase?

Cheers,

Sam

I have never been to Lake Compounce and don't know much about the park so I have a few Questions

1. How long are the waits on a typical Sunday?' If I stop by the park it would be this Sunday.

2. Are there after 4 tickets? And if they are is that enough time to do the park? I heard it's rather small.

3. Is Boulder Dash really all the hype? I love ejector airtime and if I go out of my way to visit this park I would hope this coaster has some nice ejector.

3. Is Boulder Dash really all the hype? I love ejector airtime and if I go out of my way to visit this park I would hope this coaster has some nice ejector.

Yes Boulder Dash really is worth all the hype. It's a great ride (I prefer the front seat over the back) and I would recommend trying to get a night ride.

a n00b question - i'm trying to organize a ticket for my visit on 13-Jun. I see regular admission at 42.99, then there are 4 day advance ticket and 7 day advance ticket, cheaper by 4 and 7 dollars each.

Are those advance tickets valid from 4 or 7 day of the purchase or valid on the 4th or 7th day from the day of purchase?

Cheers,

Sam

4 days out; if you bought today on the 7th, they would be valid on the 11th. When you add a ticket to your card it will tell you when you can use it.

I have never been to Lake Compounce and don't know much about the park so I have a few Questions

1. How long are the waits on a typical Sunday?' If I stop by the park it would be this Sunday.

2. Are there after 4 tickets? And if they are is that enough time to do the park? I heard it's rather small.

1 - Unfortunately that's a little tricky to answer since they often vary wildly. I've been on days where it was packed and days where it was all but abandoned despite nice weather. In my experience though...usually the lines on the dry side aren't bad at all, if the weather's good, as the waterpark absorbs a huge part of the crowd. Most rides are just a few cycles if not walk-ons. Boulder Dash usually about 20-30 minutes; that may change with Phobia this year, I haven't been since opening day to see how it'll spread the coaster crowds. Wildcat rarely has much of a wait at all, despite how well it's running lately. All that changes once the water park closes though and everyone floods into the rest of the park for a few rides on the big coasters before closing time; lines often double or worse then. In the waterpark, lines can be quite long, since there really aren't enough slides yet for the number of people in the park.

2 - No, they don't offer them. As for it being enough time for the park, it would depend on what you want to do there. If you're just there for the credits, sure, plenty of time. If you want to take your time, do the flat rides, try some food, get on the amazing skyride, maybe hit the water park, then there's plenty to do for a full day there.

3 - Yes, absolutely. Though I didn't think it was running great opening day, hopefully it's better now, and even at slightly worse than its usual run, it's still one of the best wooden coasters anywhere.