TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Here are some pictures from today's awesome Phobia tour! The ride is looking great, especially in person!

The trains. The park is going with purple decals on the side and black on the front.

Nerd shot.

T&L in hibernation.

This is where the entrance will be. Will be the longest quene in the park.

This is one of the main powerhouses for the ride. There is another smaller one on the other side.

This is the other power building, it is supposed to be very loud at 110 desciples.

BD looking awesome.

\\

The lift looks so good!

The rest of the pieces are waiting for their turn!

Here are a few notes:

-Photo booth for Phobia will be on the Ghost Hunt side of the pathway around where the dippin dot stand was before. The path is being widened to 25ft and there will be two other food stands next to the photo booth.

-Quene will be longest in park.

-The giant Phobia sign will go right where you walk up to the ride from Revolution.

• 3 weeks later...

It is going to be an amazing addition, I have always wanted one of these at the park. Its compact, thrilling, and the only launch coaster in the area. Should be a real hit, the only thing I am concerned with is capacity, but I have no doubt the park will load the train as fast as possible. I could see another coaster come to the park within the next 5-7 years. I think something like Laff Trackk at Hershey would be a great fit. Or maybe an RMC T-Rex.

I'm glad I can get on this ride here after waiting maybe 30 minutes in between rerides on Boulder Dash, rather than going and waiting two hours for the same thing at BGW.

Are lines for Tempesto actually consistently that long? I didn't make it out to the park this year but I haven't heard of anyone waiting more than 45 minutes or so on a regular operating day.

Anyways, while I don't see any possibility of getting to Lake Compounce anytime soon, this looks like a solid addition (and I like the color scheme, btw).

I'm glad I can get on this ride here after waiting maybe 30 minutes in between rerides on Boulder Dash, rather than going and waiting two hours for the same thing at BGW.

Are lines for Tempesto actually consistently that long? I didn't make it out to the park this year but I haven't heard of anyone waiting more than 45 minutes or so on a regular operating day.

Anyways, while I don't see any possibility of getting to Lake Compounce anytime soon, this looks like a solid addition (and I like the color scheme, btw).

I waited about 35 minutes for Tempesto. The ride ops were hauling.

I rode both Superman and Tempesto last year and both sets of crews were hauling ass. I was especially impressed with how they were handling Tempesto. I remember taking a seat in the front of Apollo's Chariot and watching a Tempesto train complete a circuit, by the time they dispatched us, we were about 3/4 of the way up the lift and another Tempesto cycle was already taking place. They haul to get the line moving! I guess it also helps that the cycle of the Skyrocket coasters are incredibly short (with the exception of Zombie ride).

I love that colour scheme. Orange and purple work well together, IMO. Excited to finally get a ride on one of these models. I'm particularly curious as to how a non-inverted loop feels. I've not had the pleasure of experiencing one yet.