TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

I hit up Haunted Graveyard with some friends late night. My first time in 2-3 or three years. It is still my favorite haunt event. Traffic delays limited my time in the park, but even getting only two rides on Boulder Dash and doing the Haunted Graveyard was worth it.

The scare actors roaming the park did a great job and the food was excellent. Lobster Bisque in a sourdough bread bowl and a bacon pretzel.

Yeah this is definitely the best Graveyard season for the park besides the Clown haunt being closed. But I would probably rather have more actors roaming than that. There are actors everywhere this year.

Also Wildcat is closed for the year. So that should answer the roughness question haha. It's not bad except for a few parts. No idea why it is closed.

How was Wildcat running? A couple of my enthusiast friends went to Compounce earlier this year and reported both the Wildcat and Boulder Dash were unacceptably rough. From what you wrote it would seem Boulder Dash was running better than it was when they were there.

Boulder Dash was still bumpy in place, especially on the return trip and the triple up. Not painful, but not smooth either.

Wildcat and Boulder Dash were unacceptably rough.

Good lord, people are giant pansies now. Strap those idiots onto the Coney Island Cyclone for a while and see if they still think Wildcat and Boulder Dash are "unacceptably" rough.

Good lord, people are giant pansies now. Strap those idiots onto the Coney Island Cyclone for a while and see if they still think Wildcat and Boulder Dash are "unacceptably" rough.

The Cyclone is actually very quite smooth nowadays, completely retracked.

Edited by larrygator

How was Wildcat running? A couple of my enthusiast friends went to Compounce earlier this year and reported both the Wildcat and Boulder Dash were unacceptably rough. From what you wrote it would seem Boulder Dash was running better than it was when they were there.

IMHO, I rode both BD and Wildcat in July, and while I expected BD to be balls-to-the-wall crazy and I accepted it's roughness for what it was, Wildcat was almost to the point of being unenjoyable. If it remained in the state that it was, I certainly wouldn't ride it more than once per visit.

A backseat ride on the Boss would suffice.

Huh, color me impressed. My last ride was in August of 2012 and, while awesome, was like being in the Northridge quake.

Huh, color me impressed. My last ride was in August of 2012 and, while awesome, was like being in the Northridge quake.

You are a giant pansy! I rode it 135 times in 10 hours for Give Kids the World back in those days, so I got me some street cred in this area. I also have a permanent injury from that day.

Objecting to the deterioration of a coaster's ride, based on how well it rode in the past, does not make someone a pansy, or an idiot. Comments like this, however, do.

Objecting to the deterioration of a coaster's ride, based on how well it rode in the past, does not make someone a pansy, or an idiot. Comments like this, however, do.

I hit up Haunted Graveyard with some friends late night. My first time in 2-3 or three years. It is still my favorite haunt event. Traffic delays limited my time in the park, but even getting only two rides on Boulder Dash and doing the Haunted Graveyard was worth it.

The scare actors roaming the park did a great job and the food was excellent. Lobster Bisque in a sourdough bread bowl and a bacon pretzel.

We went last year and we both agreed that it was one of the best haunts that we have been through. I liked that it was just one haunt that went on for a long time versus the short ones with long lines that most parks currently offer.

I only got two laps on BD, but it was pretty awesome getting a chance to ride it at night. Like others have said...it has gotten a bit rougher, but not intolerable. Michael only rode once due to this, but I waited the 45 minutes for the front (because of then only running one train) for my 2nd ride.

Crazy fun, but I still prefer The Beast at night in the front seat.

• 3 months later...