TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

Usually during the week one train isn't terrible, usually 20-30 mins, sometimes less. And usually some stupid stuff happens too like letting SAM people take the front seat for two rides with one train or line jumpers. But the best day to ride is with two trains because the line goes very fast. With two I can usually get the front row in 20 minutes.

^ I've been following it closely, here's what's been reported either by the park or in the news stories I've found:

• The ride (or possibly a different part of the park's electrical system) was struck by lightning, which caused an electrical issue on the ride

• On Saturday the park said they were waiting on parts, which apparently arrived on Tuesday

• In the most recent article I've seen, a park spokeswoman was quoted "In order to repair Boulder Dash, we're in the testing phase, they're doing a lot of testing, trouble shooting, just to get to the bottom of what the problem is and we're anticipating that the ride can be re-opened in the very near future"

Doesn't sound especially good right now, I'm sure they have the whole maintenance crew working overtime trying to get it back up though.

• 2 weeks later...

Tuesday shouldn't be too bad. This weekend the line was almost to the entrance and with one train, that is close to an hour. But I think my last weekday visit, the line was around 20mins (depending on seat selection, speed of ops, SAM users, etc).

Tuesday shouldn't be too bad. This weekend the line was almost to the entrance and with one train, that is close to an hour. But I think my last weekday visit, the line was around 20mins (depending on seat selection, speed of ops, SAM users, etc).

Are surface-to-air missile users that big of a problem? I would think those would be on the park's banned-items list.

Are surface-to-air missile users that big of a problem? I would think those would be on the park's banned-items list.

I'll be stopping at LC on Friday October 2nd for the night. I haven't been to the park in about 5 years and can't wait to get some Boulderdash laps and rides on the flyers. It's unfortunate that they are only having one train operations due to the lightning incident but it's better than not having the ride open at all. What are crowds usually like at the beginning of their haunt event?

• 1 month later...

Phobia construction has begun!

Looking great!

Here are a few extra bits of info as well.

-the entrance tunnel is crazy awesome this year, thick fog, lights, and more.

-the clown haunt was not set up this year. The actors roaming the park seem to have doubled though, there are a ton and they are really good.

-BD is using the new sound system and has music playing. I heard an auto spiel might be used next year.

-Down Time has new sound effects at the top of the tower, it used to have them many years ago.