TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

I think we were riding behind you on the Flyers... did one of you have a Kings Dominion shirt on by any chance? Someone managed to snap the flyers at the very end when they started slowing down and we were shocked. lol

Wow I always though it was possible riding the different models of these. Curious which cable snapped? Now this may be an excuse to get a good flyer model that isn't from the 40s like one from Larson international.

Snapping the cable just means you basically let it become slack and then it gets pulled ahead violently creating a crashing sound. The best way to do this is to get it flying really fast by pointing the sail in the exact direction the flyer is flying when it's up in the air and then when it comes back down turning it perpendicular to the way you're flying to create a wall and act as a brake. When you do that it suddenly the back dips a little and it gets ripped forward really, really hard... it's awesome. Usually once you get it to happen once or twice it just can't stop "snaping" and just starts crashing through the rest of the ride, even when it's up in the air... especially if you point the sail straight into the wind and speed it up again and then "brake" again when it gets near the bottom.

At Lake Compounce this is almost impossible. At Knoebels... holy crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I was hunting around the Parques Reunidos website and found that in a press section they have a picture of Wooden Warrior at Quassy.

One of these doesn't belong lol.

The file name is LakeC_WoodenWarrior.jpg so It doesn't appear to be a mistake.

Here is a pic from SFNEonline that shows construction. Nothing is definite for what the land is for though.

And here is what appears to be wood under the tarps. The bricks under them were always there.

Anyone have any ideas/thoughts? Kinda interesting!

Rumor has it from a few LC employees that the area inside those photos are not for a new ride. Honestly though, who really knows. That area looks really large for an Air Race and to small for a coaster.

The only way I see it being a little woodie going over there is if it wraps around to the left side of the first photo.

Does anyone know off the top of their heads whats over there and if theres enough space to support a small out and back?

• 4 weeks later...

The teasing has begun!

I bet its not even a ride. Might be a dinosaur themed area of some sort. If thats the case, then they would have foreshadowed it with the front entrance for the HG because they had a truck with a Jurassic Park like LC logo on it with the blue wooden fence pieces around it.

Theres always the Jr. Woodie possibility too but that seems unlikely. But that wooden warrior pic on LC's page with LakeC in the file name is also interesting. They also said the addition will be special, create buzz, be exciting, and now major.

From what I have heard it is not a ride, but I don't know what it would be.

Well what we know so far that its dinosaur themed and its going to be made out of wood and bricks. Wouldn't be surprised if its a gravity group coaster with a din themed train like roarosoures. Plus in all the other coasters they said that it was going to be big. But that area seems pretty small.

Breaking news from Lake Compounce Family Theme Park! Over 1 dozen dinosaurs measuring up to 40 feet have been discovered in the park near the Zoomerang attraction along with buried fossils of countless other creatures. Introducing Dino Expedition, new for 2015!

1620896_10152841178780272_6286642315288901894_n.jpg?oh=bceaa5a26989b421c3985e575c09d7cd&oe=5515382A

So basically what Story Land got without the coaster.

Two years in a row with nothing new. How will they compete with NESS, Frantic, and Wicked Cyclone...

I feel like this is an okay addition for the park. While most were expecting a ride or even coaster since we haven't gotten one in a decade and a half. So I'm basically expecting a smaller dinosaurs alive like at cedar fair parks. But at least this time they didn't get rid of a ride there not going to replace.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder if this will be an upcharge.

A park doesn't need to add a new ride every year in order to be successful. In fact the opposite is true, a small park cannot add a new expensive attraction every year and hope to be profitable. Even if this attraction doesn't appeal to me, I will still go to this park for a kickass coaster and a nice atmosphere which I much prefer SFNE.

I know the popular opinion is that things like this make money (do they really?), but from a standpoint of being a guest who isn't a 5 year old child, I have zero interest in these attractions whatsoever. Less than none even, as I find them the opposite of appealing. I won't even do the Cedar Point one again and it is free for me as a passholder.

It will not be an up charge, it's included w/ admission. I think this addition is cool, but it should have been put somewhere else. Somewhere in the south end around the train station or inside of BD's turnaround would give it a much cooler woodsy feel and it would save the space by Zoomerang for a flat down the road. Two years without a ride though, hopefully the park is saving up for 2016 . I have heard from a few places it might be a good year.

I know the popular opinion is that things like this make money (do they really?), but from a standpoint of being a guest who isn't a 5 year old child, I have zero interest in these attractions whatsoever. Less than none even, as I find them the opposite of appealing. I won't even do the Cedar Point one again and it is free for me as a passholder.

If a park only ads things that interest an enthusiast, it will not be a very well rounded park.

If a park only ads things that interest an enthusiast, it will not be a very well rounded park.

"Enthusiasts" can like a whole lot more than roller coasters. Does Lake Compounce somehow really become a better rounded park after they build animatronic dinosaurs than they were before?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody I had a question about summer crowds at LC. I plan on visiting Saturday June 20th from about 5pm to 8pm closing that day. My main interest is Boulder Dash but would like to pick up the Wildcat and Zoomerang credits too. Is it a realistic expectation to ride all 3 and get 3-4 rides on Boulder Dash on a Saturday in June given just a few hours in the park?

LIkely doable but could be iffy. LC's attendance has been all over the place when I've been there, but on a saturday, if it's a nice day, I'd expect 45 minute waits, minimum, for BD, possibly half hour for Wildcat and Zoomerang. They're actually going to be at their longest at that point in the day since it'll be cooling off and people will be flooding out of the waterpark and getting in their before-we-leave coaster rides. You should be able to get them all in three hours without any trouble, but it might take a little luck to get in three trips around BD in that time.

Thanks, My plan is to drive from Cleveland that day with a pit stop at Quassay to ride Wooden Warrior before hand. I may be there earlier depending on traffic and what time I leave. So I'll just wing it and hope for the best!