TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

I have a question about their haunt. How bad/graphic is the scene with the spiders? I'm most likely visiting LC this weekend, and am debating whether or not I want to pay the extra for the haunt. I'm arachnaphobic, so the severity of that scene is make or break as to deciding to pay for the package ticket as opposed to just the rides.

I have a question about their haunt. How bad/graphic is the scene with the spiders? I'm most likely visiting LC this weekend, and am debating whether or not I want to pay the extra for the haunt. I'm arachnaphobic, so the severity of that scene is make or break as to deciding to pay for the package ticket as opposed to just the rides.

The spiders aren't bad. It's not one of the more graphic scenes. It's basically just big, static props of spiders, and "web" strands that you have to push through, IIRC. There's nothing really "in your face" or realistic.

That is at the beginning of the spiders. It hasn't worked as well since they first got it, it now only projects in a small spot. But the spiders is not very graphic.

All of the parts were great this year. I do like the first half better though. Hopefully they improve the second half. I love the banshees though, really cool.

Get there when the gates open and head straight over, you'll get a few rides in before it gets too busy. Within a few hours of opening though, at least last Saturday, a good portion of the queue was filled back to the sign. With the two trains running I'd say the wait leveled off around a half hour or bit more much of the time.

If you want to ride Wildcat, ride Wildcat before you ride Boulder Dash (or ride Boulder Dash once and then go right to Wildcat)... Boulder Dash's line probably won't ever get to be more than 20-30 minutes but Wildcat... holy crap. It has one tiny train, probably with a row roped off and can get waits in excess of an hour. It did last Saturday.

The Haunted Graveyard is awesome.

It's easily the best maze I've ever seen at a regional park. It's about 45 minutes long and there are a ton of actors and great scares. They had great sets too and a lot of times props that managed to scare a ton of people. I'd much rather parks have one awesome maze than 5 or 10 crappy ones like Six Flags. This thing is awesome and they do a great job keeping wait times manageable by assigning people certain times. We waited for about 40 minutes but the line was more of a slow walk than anything else... it moved incredibly fast so waiting in it wasn't too big of a deal.

So true!

Visited the park for the first time yesterday. Boulder Dash is a triumph. Front row, back row, middle rows- doesn't matter, this ride does not let up once during the course. On the first ride, my friends and I were laughing so hard from pure joy that we were basically cackling. And once the sun goes down, it's even better. I never thought I'd ride a coaster, especially a woodie, that would threaten El Toro in my rankings, but Boulder Dash is damn close. I need a final spin on El Toro to determine.

Also took a couple of laps on Wildcat (a lot of fun) and a go-round on the boomerang (ouch) as well as the dark ride. I understand LC is a smaller park, but man is that ride bogus. The park itself was real nice, with a charming atmosphere that was evident even at night and decorated for Halloween. The free soda is an incredible addition, even though it seems like a waste of money for the park. Finished the night with a sausage from Pink's. It was damn good.

Boulder Dash 5x - 10/10

Wildcat 2x - 6/10

Zoomerang 1x - 4/10

I was talking to an executive of another park that does the free soda and she said that the positive feedback and goodwill increased admissions to more than pay for the free soda. Lack of dehydrated guests is another positive.

I like not feeling like the park is trying to get me for every cent in my pocket.

I don't find Zoomerang to be that rough, it is a pretty smooth boomerang. It is amazing what happens when a park takes care of their rides. Boulder Dash is amazing. I like it more than El Toro due to airtime, constant speed, and the uniqueness. It is awesome!

Did you notice these new lights in the station? They look a little weird. They shine through the floor on the exit side and change colors.

I think we were riding behind you on the Flyers... did one of you have a Kings Dominion shirt on by any chance? Someone managed to snap the flyers at the very end when they started slowing down and we were shocked. lol

Wow I always though it was possible riding the different models of these. Curious which cable snapped? Now this may be an excuse to get a good flyer model that isn't from the 40s like one from Larson international.

I think we were riding behind you on the Flyers... did one of you have a Kings Dominion shirt on by any chance? Someone managed to snap the flyers at the very end when they started slowing down and we were shocked. lol

Wow I always though it was possible riding the different models of these. Curious which cable snapped? Now this may be an excuse to get a good flyer model that isn't from the 40s like one from Larson international.

You know he doesn't mean actually snapped right?

Finally got two night rides on Boulder Dash last night (once in the front).

Wow is all I can say although I think that I still prefer a front row seat on The Beast at night. While BD has way more airtime, I still couldn't push it in front of Beast.

I agree with others on the Haunted Graveyard though. Awesome walk through, very long and well themed. It was interesting that there was a parent that was forcing his daughter through it despite the fact that she was wailing, screaming and crying almost the entire time. She kept begging Dad to take the emergency exit, but that didn't happen.

This may have been mentioned in past pages, but what's with all of the land clearing on the other side of the lake (road side)? We drove by and noticed massive amounts of land being moved which I believe used to be all woods and swamp?

They moved the road about 3 years ago and are in the process of expanding the water park over the next few years.

Still Interested in what the park has planned for 2015. They said it will be a special addition and will create a lot of buzz. They have demolished the stage in front of Zoomerang so I am guessing something will use that land.