TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Lake Compounce Discussion Thread

This is a couple weeks old by now, but I just wanted to say that per your recommendation, Larry, my girlfriend and I got that ice cream nacho dessert when we visited Lake Compounce. It was definitely a highlight of the visit! Thanks!

151829959_photo(2).JPG.6b82594752dd0cbe6d393f97607fe5a2.JPG

Rikki is very grateful...

• 2 weeks later...
Is Lake Compounce still doing Text2Ride? I couldn't find anything about it on their website.

Is it true that this is gone? Yes, there's a reason I'm asking for confirmation: I noticed that Kennywood sometimes (not currently) lacks information about their system on their website, so I wondered if they were trying to minimize awareness of it for customer service reasons. Like, they figured the "right" people would learn about it in the park and buy it, but they didn't want too many random people finding out about it and getting confused or complaining. I will be disappointed if Lake Compounce doesn't have this available.

I love the charm and feel of Lake Compounce but this park is in desperate need of some sort of steel coaster. Something original seeing the only steel coaster here is a boomerang. I always say a Gerlauster Eurofighter fitting in well at the park.

I love the charm and feel of Lake Compounce but this park is in desperate need of some sort of steel coaster. Something original seeing the only steel coaster here is a boomerang. I always say a Gerlauster Eurofighter fitting in well at the park.

I completely agree! It needs a nice medium sized steel ride. I feel like something on the lines of Dollywood's Mystery Mine or something from maybe Zamperela (Thunderbolt really is a solid, small park ride) would fit the line up beautifully.

I feel like something by the haunted maze would pull people deeper into the park too!

I saw some construction going on on the other side of the lake from the sky ride. What's that all about? I could definitely see a coaster going in there, something long and thin like Fahrenheit.

Oh and, loved my first trip to LC, for anyone who hasn't yet made it out there for Boulder Dash, I can tell you that it is absolutely one of the most ferocious, intense, wild, incredible rides I've ever been on, especially at night. YOU MUST GO.

Can anyone else see the park getting the Led Zepplin ride/time machine from music freestyle park and put it in the back next to the lake. it would be the perfect fit and bring a lot of people to the park.

It would fit well, but it would not happen, the park doesn't pull enough high thrill seeking people to make a mult-looping coaster economically feasible for the area... SFNE is within a few hours of driving, and it's not the right clientele for the park...

That being said, I'd love to see it happen, but I don't think it will

• 2 weeks later...

I visited LC for the first time yesterday. I really liked Boulder Dash, currently 4th favorite woodie behind Outlaw Run, The Voyage, and Goliath at Great America.

Unfortunately, I was really irritated at the operations in the park. Both of their wooden coasters were only running one train on a decently busy day. I had to wait about 35-40 minutes for each of my two rides on Boulder Dash when the line should have taken 10-15 minutes with 2 trains. Wildcat was the same way. I asked an op on Boulder Dash and they said that the line wasn't long enough to warrant a second train. My home park is Great America and their operations are terrible and they run all of their trains. It was just frustrating to see a completely operable train sitting idle because the line wasn't 20 ft longer. Is Lake Compounce always like that?

I experienced the unfortunate event of on train too. Employees and supervisors said it was to cut down maintenance costs.

Nothing we can fix or do. The fourth of July was crazy packed and Wildcat ran one train for most of it with a 75 minute wait. Of course, the park finally sucked it up and put the train on.

Yeah LC is really hit or miss when it comes to one or two trains. Fri-Sun there is a better chance but slim chance on weekdays. Unless the line is out past the entrance sign they don't usually add a train during the week. I think they usually run two on Saturday and my last visit on Sunday had 2.

Yeah LC is really hit or miss when it comes to one or two trains. Fri-Sun there is a better chance but slim chance on weekdays. Unless the line is out past the entrance sign they don't usually add a train during the week. I think they usually run two on Saturday and my last visit on Sunday had 2.

Last year at the Haunted Graveyard, the line reached the ride's sign so the park added a second train. Usually I visit the park on a weekday and have only seen two trains one other time.

• 1 month later...
For the 2015 season I'm guessing the park will either add the spinning coaster they have been talking about for years or either a 2nd tower to down time which will be a space shot.

2015 is more than likely going to continue the waterpark expansions, possibly the return of the Lake Plunge slides in their new location. The park knows the wet side is still too small for the crowds it brings in. The new coaster is coming, but I'm not expecting to see it next year; they've made it clear that the waterpark is their priority for now.

On that note, when it does come may or may not be a spinner; while that was the plan for years, the park's GM said they had been discussing a few other possibilities as well, but wouldn't go into details - IIRC someone did ask about an El Loco and got a "can not confirm nor deny" sort of response, though that seems a bit of an unlikely fit for LC to me.

2nd tower on downtime isn't likely at all, it's not the kind of park that needs a multi-tower drop ride. Downtime is a decent tower but rarely draws huge lines as is.

There has to be a certain number of people in the park for 2 trains. BD's lift hill has had some issues the last couple years (I think the blue train is the problem with it) so they are reluctant to use two and face the possibility of extended down time for the season. If you watch when both trains are on, you'll see the blue one catches a lot harder than the green one. I know they've replaced the motor recently, and I don't know whether that was a result of the train beating on it or an attempt to fix it, but I'm sure they're making an effort to get through the season and only using one train is part of that. For what it's worth, 3/4 time I've been so far this season they have used both, so they WILL do it if they need to. But if they don't need to, they won't with the lift the way it is.

A second tower on DT would ruin the look of the park. It would make the front entrance so ugly, It would look like a tumor on the ride.

I am hearing a coaster for next year though.

I don't think it would look that bad. It would look like sasquatch at Great Escape

sasquatch.JPG.5fd54f17786831d482b61f6a238e006e.JPG

I have no idea why the water park is still such a huge priority. They have added on to it more recently then any other part of the park. This park really needs a new coaster to compliment Boulder Dash.

Simply because of the crowds in the waterpark. It's the only real waterpark in the area so it draws much bigger crowds than it can handle, and lines are painfully long if the weather's good.