TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

When do you go back to school?

Milkchan

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Really? Even with an AP class (yay college level), Algebra 2 honors, Spanish 3, and every other class is honors?? Oh yeah, should be a piece of cake!

I would also like to add that those classes will do nothing to prepare you for college.

Feel any better now?

^Really? Even with an AP class (yay college level), Algebra 2 honors, Spanish 3, and every other class is honors?? Oh yeah, should be a piece of cake!

When you're taking 5 AP classes and and advanced photography/printing class, then talk to me.

I would also like to add that those classes will do nothing to prepare you for college.

Feel any better now?

Actually, here, many colleges accept your AP classes as college credit if you make a good enough score on the AP exam.

^

Counting as credit and preparing you for college are two whole different things my good man. AP classes at my school counted towards your college credits as well. It just basically buys your way out of taking 101 courses that are really moot in the grand scheme of things.

I've never come across someone who ever said, "Wow! Those AP classes really helped to prepare me for my college courses!"

Many college professors will tell you to "unlearn" what you have been taught in AP or whichever high school class you took. Trust me, I've seen it first hand.

Sorry to be a downer bro' but if I could go back in time I'd have spent alot less time busting my butt with AP courses in high school.

^

Counting as credit and preparing you for college are two whole different things my good man. AP classes at my school counted towards your college credits as well. It just basically buys your way out of taking 101 courses that are really moot in the grand scheme of things.

I've never come across someone who ever said, "Wow! Those AP classes really helped to prepare me for my college courses!"

Many college professors will tell you to "unlearn" what you have been taught in AP or whichever high school class you took. Trust me, I've seen it first hand.

Sorry to be a downer bro' but if I could go back in time I'd have spent alot less time busting my butt with AP courses in high school.

IDK, maybe it has changed or is just different here, because my teachers have told me that a lot of what their curriculum and course guides deal with come straight from college and professor recommendations. At least that's what I was told.

^

I happen to disagree with your view on AP classes. My AP Languange and Literature classes greatly prepared me for what to expect for college-level work. Granted, it also depends on other factors like the school system, the program within the school, the teacher, and most importantly, the student.

A lot of people seem to think that just because you take an AP course in HS and pass it that it equates to automatic college credits. I don't know how it works in other states, but in VA, in order to receive credit in college for AP, you either had to earn a 4 or a 5 on the AP exams.

I know a lot of people who are in their senior year of college, who don't know how to write at all. The one thing I've noticed in many people's papers is a lack of voice, or personal sense of style.

I could go on and on about this, but I'm done with my rebuttal.