TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Revolution

Hows Revolution at Six Flags Magic Mountain? Are the trees and view nice like before, Before Tatsu came to life? I miss it, it was my first ride and haven't been to Six Flags since Tatsu Media day....And hows the crowd at Six Flags? Short or Crowded?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its doing great. It got a new paint job for Tatsu's opening day. Its now operating two trains on all days. The wait times aren't too bad in the middle of the day. Usually when the park first opens the line can get to 1 hour max. Then around 2:30-4:00 it get's pretty dead. We've been having some problems with alignement of the train when it comes and parks in the station, which can cause an error on the computer. But other than that, its running great.

_six

It kind of find it facinating how long some of these old steel coasters have lasted without a lot of problems.

Revolution was built in 76 I think and it is still running, Goldrusher at Carowinds was built in 73 and is still running great as well (by great I mean it runs, not that it's smooth or anything (trains)).

What 30 year old car can you say that about. lol

I loved Revolution but it beat my head worse than any SLC I've been on due to the damn shoulder restraints. Why do some looping schwarzies have them and so don't? It would be like a whole new ride. The layout is awesome and the ride is just nice and long, and unique.

I loved Revolution but it beat my head worse than any SLC I've been on due to the damn shoulder restraints. Why do some looping schwarzies have them and so don't? It would be like a whole new ride. The layout is awesome and the ride is just nice and long, and unique.

Because some looping Schwarzies are in the USA and some aren't.

How many blocks does Revy have? I know there are trims before the loop and after the tunnel, but are there brakes at the top of any of the other hills? In pictures I've seen anti rollback devices and kicker tires and I know what those are, but there are other long skinny things in the center of the track at the top of each hill-I'm thinking they are a certain kind of brake that was designed to be used on curved sections of track and grab fins underneath the train whereas the other two spots, the final brake run, and the station have brakes on the sides and are designed for the striaght parts of the track. Anybody else notice this?

Revolution would be a lot better without the OTSRs. I got my head banged on that thing! ACE coaster classic, my butt!

Lets not forget it is one of the first inverting coasters, they had to put them in when it was built because they conserned riders might fly out of there seats

Revolution would be a lot better without the OTSRs. I got my head banged on that thing! ACE coaster classic, my butt!

Lets not forget it is one of the first inverting coasters, they had to put them in when it was built because they conserned riders might fly out of there seats

Not true.

Actually, Revolution first opened and ran for many years with lap bars only, the way it was DESIGNED to do, just fine with nobody flying out- i believe that is a common misconception. The OTSRs were added years later-someone here probably knows what year they were installed.

I have ridden a few Schwarzkopf coasters, all with lapbars, but I can definately understand that they can be painfull with OTSR because those rides are designed to be wild and throw the passengers around a bit. Thats what makes them so great in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure it was after 1996 or 1997 because when I was six or seven my parents took me on Revolution. I remember I wanted to know if it went upside-down and my mother told me it didn't. I remember getting into the train and being reassured that it didn't go upside-down because it didn't have the shoulder restraints, just the bar.

and if you got rid of those OTSR, then you could get rid of the trim brakes as well.