TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

How do you eat...

Hercules

I had a weird thing for some pierogies tonight, so I got out my recipe and made them. But here is my question, how do you eat yours? For some reason I decided on some brown spicy mustard. Am I going to be arrested by the pierogie police? I mean, I guess the traditional way is to eat them with sour cream and onions.

Sometimes I eat them deep fried with tomato sauce or even salsa. I know I'm going to hell for those, but what about mustard?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol...well I think mustard is disgusting..So first I boil them in water to soften them up, then I fry them in a sauce pan with butter and oinions. Once done, I top it with good ol' ketchup....umm umm delicious! My sisters cook there the same way but they eat theirs with cheese instead of ketchup

I tried one once. I don't think it was cooked properly...meaning it was microwaved. But I can see how if it was pan fried with butter and onions and then served with sour cream it would be good.

They are an east coast thing right? I have yet to see them in the store here on the West Coast and the only time I had one was when I was in Florida (my roommates were mostly from the northeast).

I tried one once. I don't think it was cooked properly...meaning it was microwaved. But I can see how if it was pan fried with butter and onions and then served with sour cream it would be good.

They are an east coast thing right? I have yet to see them in the store here on the West Coast and the only time I had one was when I was in Florida (my roommates were mostly from the northeast).

It's a polish food so you really only find it in area's with a large population of Polish-Americans like Pittsburgh or Detroit(Hamtramck really), my cousins are half Polish and their dad/my uncle used to get these amazing ones from these little old ladies who made them in some church kitchen in the West End.

I buy frozen pierogies, and have always just bioled them like ravioli and covered them in parmesan cheese. But today I pan fried some with butter, and I didn't like it as much! The outsides got all hard, and it tasted like popcorn! Weird! I thought they were *much* better just boiled.

-Julie