TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ever gotten a speeding ticket?

jumbach

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, I think I've gotten two. The first one was when I was 17. Speeding on the way to school (ticketed in a school zone). It wasn't too bad.

The second was in Te-has. I only got caught in the low 90's but I was doing 160 ish a few hours before I got caught.

Jose "I am very lucky at times" Eber

2 for speeding

92 in a 55; I was driving a 81 Toyota Tercel ... up hill ... I still don't think I was going that fast.

85 in a 65; We were going to Disneyland, it was a Sunday morning, no traffic ... ugh.

I have also gotten a couple of tickets for no registration a whole bunch of years back.

Gregg "I'm a good boy now ... I think" C.

Edit: Watch me get pulled over on the way home tonight ...

No, insurance is high enough as it is since I am in the high risk category according to insurance companies so I try not to take chances speeding. I'll go 5 - 10 mph over the speed limit but I never drive faster than that.

I got one when I lived in LA. I had to go to traffic school. That was amusing, as the class was full of all sorts of malcontents and the easily irritated and not so bright. The guy running the class made some off-hand mention of pot at some point, and this upset the more conservative folks in the class, and the discussion for the rest of the class was amusing. Among the amazing pronouncements by the class: drunk driving should be legal as long as you don't cause any damage to anything buy yourself or your own property, you shouldn't have to stop at a stop sign if there's not a lot of traffic around, and having a dog in the car should count towards the two people you need in the car for the car pool lane. Yes, traffic school did all of these people a lot of good, I'm sure...

dt

I have gotten two speeding tickets.

The first time, my mobile phone was ringing and I dont saw the traffic sign. *click* and I got a nice picture. :shock:

The second time, I drove my girlfriend to the hospital. She has broken her left arm.

My last ticket I got in 2003, thereafter never one again.

--Soeren

I got pulled over for speeding two summers ago, but got off with a warning.

Before that I got a ticket for going 25mph in a 35. How you ask? Well apperently you can "be speeding too fast for conditions" still think that ticket was bologne.

I've gotten plenty over the last 20+ yrs of driving.

The cost of the tickets are nothing compared to what it does to your insurance. (this was mentioned earlier).

Let me give you a breakdown:

1 medium speed. cost: anywhere between 75 and 225 (depending on state and area.)

Insurance: that will increase your premium anywhere between 150 and 300 every 6 months. at 300 every 6, or 600 a year, this will cost you 1800 bucks over the next three years (or however long your ins company charges you for them.)

How much was that ticket???

This info is current. I work for an insurance company and my girlfriend got a speeding ticket two weeks ago... bummer...

First time I was going 70 in a 55 on a HIGHWAY where the flow of traffic is easily 70. The cop was a real a-hole too.

Second time, my (automatic) window wouldn't go down, so I threw my cigarette out of my sunroof. Little did I know, there was a cop behind me. He pulled me over, but only gave me a warning. Nice guy. I didn't know it was a moving violation to toss a cig out your window. I thought it was legal (and not "littering") since cigs are biodegradable.

Got maybe two Red Light Camera tickets. Been in two accidents.

Yeah, my insurance is pretty high I think I pay $300/month for insurance. I can't wait to get my car paid off. In 1.5 years, I'll have an extra $250/month to play with. I want to buy a new car after I pay off my Civic EX, but don't want to have to pay $250-300 a month for another five years. But, I REALLY love those Toyota's Matrixes and Mini Coopers.

-kip-

I've been lucky enough to never get a ticket though I've been pulled over my fair share of times:

50 in a 40- written warning

70 in a 55- breathalized and then given a verbal warning (it was New Year's Eve)

72 in a 65 and erratic (one of those words) driving- My rear axle was broken and I didn't know it so I was having a hard time not touching the white line so a motorist called me in. I got a written warning.

38 in a 30- seriously? written warning.

I used to be a bit of a leadfoot. However, about two years ago, I was going 75 mph in a 40 and I had a severe accident. I lost control, flew off the road, hit a ditch, and flipped my car four times. Ever since then, I've toned down a little bit (I don't really go much more than 8 mph over the speed limit unless I'm on a major highway or interstate).

The second time, I drove my girlfriend to the hospital. She has broken her left arm.

Wow that would VERY rarely happen here, If you are running to the hospital, and you get pulled over, they would offer assistance, as opposed to ticket you, unless they are total pricks

I have gotten one speeding ticket, and boy did I deserve it. I was driving my current car, a 2002 Kia Spectra, and we were heading to lancaster from Santa Cruz, and we REALLY wanted to get there before it got really hot, so on a dessert road I was doing about 110mph in a 55mph zone, then there was some prick(well at the time, now I love him) who was only doing 75, and I got stuck behind him, well just then a highway patrol car drove by in the other lane, we both got pulled over, and ticketed for doing 75 in a 55, I love that guy now, because if I would have been caught doing 110, thats reckless driving, and much more serious

I've been driving for about 25 years now and I've never had a moving violation of any kind. All I've had is 1 no insurance ticket (almost 17 years ago) and a couple of parking tickets. Besides regular every day driving, I drove a van transporting railroad crews for several years and was lucky enough to never get stopped for speeding, although I've certainly deserved a few over the years. I rarely go more than 10 mph over the speed limit any more.

No speeding ticket yet *knocks on wood*

I ususally try to stay within the speed being as every car's spedometer is different. Only ticket I've gotten so far was a stupid parking ticket for not "head in" parking. Hey, I didn't know if they only have 3 signs posted off to the side where no one goes...luckily it was only 30 bucks but still...

Never gotten a ticket, although I have had the crap scared out of me more than once.

Note to anyone driving through Wisconsin: WISP (Wisconsin State Patrol) is militant on the freeways of that state. More than half of my residents are from Wisconsin, and several have nasty stories about cops in Wisconsin. Also, if you fight a ticket, a DA can represent the cop in court, so the cop doesn't have to be there.

Note to anyone driving through Wisconsin: WISP (Wisconsin State Patrol) is militant on the freeways of that state. More than half of my residents are from Wisconsin, and several have nasty stories about cops in Wisconsin.

Residents? Are you an RA at a school? Or a super at an apartment building? Im an RA at my school... Pays well also.

Anyway, I got pulled over twice, once going up hill around 12:30 am New years day. POS car, with crazy bumber stickers. I swear, those bumper stickers must have saved me from a ticket (Musta made the cop laugh). The second time, I was going too fast, and the cop was going the opposite direction. Yeah, i just saw lights in my mirror, looked for driveway, and gave up before he even got to me... Both times i got a written warning. No tickets, other than the occational parking ticket, of which I was able to talk myself out of one of them (I hunted down the cop who was doing rounds down the road).

Rob

• 5 months later...

I have gotten just one speeding ticket. It was about 4 AM, no cars around and I was going on a country road in the middle of a dirt field. I could see nobody was around so I was going 70ish in a 40 zone and I didn't stop at a stop sign (NOBODY WAS AROUND!) and then a cop that was hiding on the side of the road with no lights on pulled me over and gave me a ticket that I had to pay. In Indianapolis, the rule of thumb is if you get a ticket in Marion County, don't worry about it. If you decide to go to the court thing, the cop will not show up and you won't have to pay it.