TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Retro PTR - Sea World 1985

A day after my first trip to Cedar Point, we headed to Sea World. I think this is the second and final time that I ever visited this park. Quite a shame, as it was a very nice park in it's heyday. Waterslides now cover most of the areas where these pictures were taken, but at one time Sea World Ohio was one of the most popular attractions on the East Coast.

Enjoy the photos.

Shamu or Mamu (always mix up that one) jumping out of the water.

Looks like the trainers used to use props a lot more for the Whales. If I remember correctly, no targets are used in the newer Shamu shows.

Flipper or some other crazy high flying dolphin.

Checking out the park map with Carol (One of my mother's oldest friends). We stayed with them for the weekend outside Cleveland.

Ski Show! I am pretty sure that this one was themed to Charlie Brown (take that Cedar Fair!). On my previous visit years earlier, I distinctly remember the theme being the Hatfields and McCoys.

Don't know what ever gave me that Charlie Brown idea?

In a tradition long since stolen from Cypress Gardens, I give you the Human Pyramid!

Don't remember anything about this show, but I am pretty sure that the Sea Lions were still called Clyde and Seymore. Wow. Those guys have been around forever.

They call him Flipper Flipper Flipper.

Some random tank of water.

Posing with my mother in front of the entry fountain. Don't laugh! Those tall socks were all the rage back in the day.

Thanks for reading. More Retro TRs to come.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice job, Ted. I was thinking of doing something like this, and you beat me to it! My favorite pic has to be this one.....this person seems oblivious to the fact that there's a huge mammal about to splash down in the tank less than five feet away:

Those pics are GREAT! I love the first one. Although I've only been to the Orlando one so far, I ADORE Sea World, and it would be really cool if there were an extra one left for me to visit someday.

Ted you were such a cutie!! And I can't believe these were taken the year I was born, clothing and stuff have changed SO much. More please.

Ted you were such a cutie!! And I can't believe these were taken the year I was born, clothing and stuff have changed SO much. More please.

Lou,

Don't make his head swell any bigger than it already is! Daron's DMB hat doesn't fit him as it is But, thanks for re-inforcing the fact that he's getting old

Lou,

Don't make his head swell any bigger than it already is! Daron's DMB hat doesn't fit him as it is But, thanks for re-inforcing the fact that he's getting old

Ouch!

Pics were great. I can't find any of my photos from amusement parks we went to when I was a kid.

d

Oh, Ted..... Now I have to have a moment to myself ........

We tripled LOVED SW Ohio and made many visits there over the years. In fact we made several trips with Herb's older girls when they were little ones. The oldest will turn 21 tomorrow and to this day she still gets animated talking about how much she loves Sea World.

Thanks for sharing!!

Shari "It's all about the Splash Zone" Shoufler