TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Random Photo TR: Elissa at Jury Duty

Ok, so I have been postponing Jury Duty for the past two months now due to trips, friends and family coming out, etc. But today, I bit the bullet and went!

I'll let the pix tell the story!

jury8.jpg.856117d432a722cce94faf28c525bef8.jpg

And with the SCV comes the awesome temperatures!!!

Thanks for reading!

jury7.jpg.63a36852353ea4fad3d934ba070c2cf9.jpg

Ahh, back to the safety that is the Santa Clarita Valley!

jury6.jpg.0b9332bc60941f6d880270b995bee2a9.jpg

Ahh, all done! I didn't have to do anything but sit online all day! They only called for one trial the entire day. It was super annoying, yet awesome at the same time!

jury5.jpg.222938952fd5f71b5b87b277def2024f.jpg

Here I am risking getting in trouble because the Chat People told me to take a picture!

jury4.jpg.c72b4e803e49a8542cb5f1b3d7d56bdf.jpg

Best Jury Room Ever! Internet ALL DAY!!!

jury3.jpg.b5e2be756ca3787d704106e33f84bcbd.jpg

San Fernando Courthouse...through the trees!

jury2.jpg.48d142c8ea934cc5366231253ff82ac0.jpg

That is of course, if I can get to the courthouse! Stupid LA Traffic!

jury1.jpg.f90eb0001a01911af2292596deec22f2.jpg

7am, 80 Degrees...wow, this is going to be an awesome day. At least I'll be inside all day!

jury01.jpg.4c08d3cfcc26dbf621b6cb8a7345d715.jpg

I started my day like always on the site...Ooo what a lovely topic! Rich is so banned!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, I would be very relieved if all I had to do at Jury Duty is sit and wait... with free internet access!!

And yes... This heatwave is very stupid, annoying, and any other word related to stupid or annoying.

Ugh, the people at Jury Duty were NOT amusing!

One of them touched me! And they kept asking me stupid questions like: "Anything going on online?" or "How fast do you type?"

Kill me! So glad it's over!

I was summoned for jury duty a few times back in the early 90's, but my Mum kept sending back the letter with a note saying I am in the military. Either I stopped getting them or she stopped telling me about them!

I've never done it, but I figure I'm paying the price of democracy differently!

This TR has brought out the National Center for State Courts in me (well, I do work there). Here's my geeky question: Was the court using the one-day/one-trial system? (That is, you serve for just one day or for just one trial, no matter how long it takes.) NCSC is also publishing a new edition of its classic tome Jury Trial Innovations.

Hey, the one time I can browse TPR at the office and claim it's work related.

One caution--do not encourage folks to post pictures of themselves while waiting to serve jury duty. Seriously, this is not a good idea, especially if a case needs an anonymous jury.

Yes,

Los Angeles County uses One Day / One Trial. But they stress that most often it is "One Trial". Because they really can't get enough done in one day!

As for the pix, yeah, I wouldn't have posted any of me had I actually went into a courtroom, but I figured since I sat in the basement all day it was okay!

Derek, you know in LA that was going slow!

Two things -

1. I don't think the internet access was "free."

2. It always creeps me out when people post stuff about minor details in our photos "Ooh, you haven't updated Windows in a while." "Oh, you have some dust sitting on your shelf." and it makes me wonder how long are people actually staring at our photos to find stuff?!!?!

--Robb

^HAHAHA and I thought I had problems with Fanboys, wow Robb I never would have thought of something like that. When you think about it, it is kind of spooky. Stalkers I tell ya.

Take Care,

Casey"I changed the way I make pancakes now" Childers

lol

You know, you're pretty lucky Elissa.

Here in Connecticut, you can get stuck waiting to see if you are going to be on the jury for about 2 days. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNDDDDD they don't allow cameras, OR camera phones. They had to hold my phone while I was waiting with all the people, cut off from the real world.

Oh yah, and in Stamford, you don't have computers to use, just some old "Better Homes" and "National Geographics" to read.

It always creeps me out when people post stuff about minor details in our photos "Ooh, you haven't updated Windows in a while." "Oh, you have some dust sitting on your shelf." and it makes me wonder how long are people actually staring at our photos to find stuff?!!?!

--Robb

Geez... no need to be creeped out over it. I only really noticed it cause my computer ironically had the same little yellow shield prompted like literally 10 seconds before I read this post.

Didn't mean to bug anyone with that comment, just found it ironic to point it out in my work day here. If they gave me more to do at my job, I'm sure I'd have much less time to examine TPR pictures

One caution--do not encourage folks to post pictures of themselves while waiting to serve jury duty. Seriously, this is not a good idea, especially if a case needs an anonymous jury.

It turned out that the accused in the trial I was on jury duty for was a student of my fathers. Though I didn't realize this until after I was selected.

Seems he took one of my dad's two part courses. He did the first part, and then told my dad he couldn't do the second half due to "something he had to take care of". Didn't mention that the something was a trial for child molestation.

I pretty much avoided my dad during the trial as I was under a publication ban. (wasn't supposed to read newspaper articles, watch news reports,etc.).