TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Spam Threads - Respond to them and be BANNED!

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

And just to reiterate so people understand why we have this rule....

by responding to a spam thread then all you are doing is bumping it up to the top and pushing some really good threads our members have created to the bottom. We want to promote our users threads, NOT SPAM!

Also, each time you post eats up bandwidth. While it's a very small amount, true, we still do not want our bandwidth going to promote spam.

Really, it's a very simple rule. If you see a spam thread and want to help us out click the "report post" button, and let us know it's there.

Otherwise, just leave it alone! Chances are it will be GONE before most people ever see it!

Thanks to everyone for their help!

--Robb

I'm going to bump this again because I just had to give a 24 hour ban to two people today for responding to Spam. One of them was a very frequent poster too.

I just don't understand it. It's such a simple rule....

If you see a spam thread DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!!! LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!

• 5 months later...

Well I guess this thread is going to get bumped and bumped frequently until everyone gets it.....Which will NEVER happen. Ignoring does seem the best way to counter-act it, but lets face it. As many times this get bumped, who's to say that everyone that comes on here actually read this? (or any rules thread)

So yall mods bacially have a full-time job ahead of you. Dummies are like roaches; its damn near impossible to get rid of all of them, no matter how much 'Raid' you spray on them!

I just had to give someone a 24 hour ban for replying. Don't make me do this!

Spam messages may stick around a little longer for the next couple weeks, as half of the TPR staff is in Spain. We'll try to get to the offending messages as fast as we can, but PLEASE do your part:

1) Use the "Spam" button the left hand side of the post to report it to us.

2) DON'T RESPOND TO IT!! We will get to it as fast as we can, but posting funny replies doesn't help the situation!

So, to repeat. If you see Spam: Use the "Spam" button to report it, and then LEAVE IT ALONE!

It might be helpful to make this a sticky thread. Just my opinion.

I replied to a spam thread along time ago, but that's back in my new member years and I did the time and now I've learned my lesson.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Sorry we're not 24/7 chained to the forums. Some of us have lives outside of here, too. Remember that Robb, Elissa, Joe, and Lou are all in Europe right now, leaving just Erik, Reed, Ted, and myself. It's the weekend and it's also summer, it's nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine every now and again.

Yeah, there was quite a bit of spam today. It sucks, but it's part of having a popular forum.

I've had to give a 24 hour ban to THREE ACCOUNTS on here today for responding to them.

If it wasn't abundantly clear by now...

DO NOT RESPOND TO SPAM. DON'T MAKE CUTE COMMENTS OR JOKES! IT'S NOT FUNNY AND ONLY MAKES MORE WORK FOR US!

IF YOU SEE SPAM, USE THE "REPORT" TOOL AND WE WILL GET TO IT AS SOON AS FEASIBLE!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

DON'T RESPOND TO SPAM!

^ Sorry we're not 24/7 chained to the forums. Some of us have lives outside of here, too. Remember that Robb, Elissa, Joe, and Lou are all in Europe right now, leaving just Erik, Reed, Ted, and myself. It's the weekend and it's also summer, it's nice to get out and enjoy the sunshine every now and again.

I know, and please do enjoy the summer weekends! You guys do deserve it. It is amazing how much you have to do around here, especially with half of the staff out in europe.

• 4 weeks later...