TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Resort wide Kelloggs Sponsorship for WDW

Jose Eber

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was fooled also. Actually, it seemed like such a non-news item, that I never bothered clicking on it till now.

When you are the first reply to your own topic it only looks like a really desperate ploy to bump the topic. It is kind of like putting your topic on life-support other than letting it die a respectable death.

But ... since this is in the "Random" category, I guess it really doesn't matter.

Well, I find BGT/BGW to be overrated, especially in the customer service and food department. I still don't know where all this "amazing" food is, especially at BGW. Sure, it's better than your average park food, but stuff from 7-11 might be better than what you find at a SF park. I had one of the worst park food experiences ever at BGW, so I can't figure out where all the praise comes from. I think for park food, WDW pretty much blows everyone away, except for Mythos at IOA.

But anyway, I have had the misfortune to visit BGT on two horrible days. One was apparently "every Jr. High School child in FL gets free admission to BGT for line jumping practice" as the place was PACKED with kids of that age who were the most obnoxious and ill-mannered people I've ever seen in a park. The only amusing part was my brother confronting anyone that tried to line jump us. That at least provided some laughs. But the place was packed, and when we were leaving, the line of buses coming to get the kids was over a mile long! That was disturbing...

My last visit was during Country Western Day. Um, yeah, park full of people wearing Garth Brooks t-shirts and country music being blasted from all park speakers. Nothing like looking at African themed buildings while hearing songs about pickup trucks being blasted at threshold of pain levels. Other fun that day included a park worker yelling at us when we asked if the Rhino Rally single rider line would be open later in the day (not that the 2 hour line the ride already had should have perhaps prompted them to open it or anything). The park has some great rides, and it's certainly a nice looking park, but it doesn't seem to handle large crowds very well, and then does stuff like that Fun Card promotion to constantly generate large crowds.

I'm sure I'll end up visiting again sometime, but I just don't get thy hype,,,

dt