TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Any TPR members farmers???

I was wondering if anyone out on the boards either lived on a farm or have. It was just something that popped into my head at work Thursday. I thought that rides/coasters wouldn't mix because if there was a fair...the kids would be doing animal stuff instead of rides. IMO, why the hell would someone want to visit a fair and walk around a building that you can barely breath in, and step in crap???

Personally, I do not live on one, neither did I used to, neither would i want to!

So what about you?

PS...I don't want to turn this into a pointless topic but I have a little rant. OK, I was at the Wisconsin State Fair and I was about to go on the Pinfari Coaster. I was riding by myself in the back and my cousin and her friend were in the front. So this one farm kid was like "I'm riding by myself, Ill go with him". So he gets in the car and he was wearing bibs and rubber boots that were covered in CRAP!!! i mean literally CRAP!!!! I was like "OMG"!!!! And the thing was, he smelt really bad and he was touching me...ewww! When we got out of the car, there was crap on the floor and the hand rail...there was also some on my shorts! That was so disgusting!

So that is why I would not want to live on a farm! So, are there any TPR members that want to or do live on one?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know maybe I am over reacting....but I REALLY hate the smell and the presence of crap. Ever time I go to a fair, all I can smell is the crap. And when I have to walk through the barn, I am looking at the ground the whole time, while putting my nose in my shirt or a cup of soda. All I think about is E coli and Salmonella....I guess you gave say I have a phobia of germs.

I just hate it! That is why I dont or want to live on a farm!

Coming to a farm near you..

"Children of the Corn"-The Ride!

*Some state fairs are even located on a farm (property). I actually think its a good mix, because it appeals to all types of people and age groups. Also, their is a wide-variety of things to do; such as: eating/rides/farm-events/people-watching...and so on.

• 8 months later...
I don't know maybe I am over reacting....but I REALLY hate the smell and the presence of crap. Ever time I go to a fair, all I can smell is the crap. And when I have to walk through the barn, I am looking at the ground the whole time, while putting my nose in my shirt or a cup of soda. All I think about is E coli and Salmonella....I guess you gave say I have a phobia of germs.

I just hate it! That is why I dont or want to live on a farm!

My Dad was a farmer in California's San Joaquin Valley, but we didn't raise livestock (although I did show a market lamb at the Satnislaus County Fair one year). Actually, fairs came about because of farms, not midways. They were basically big social events to bring the counties' rural residents together. And, yes, they tend to be aromatic.

I propose a solution--just don't go to the fair. Or just expect that you're going to have to accept a certain amount of crap when you credit whore.

wow, this thread was reborn!

I really didnt know what I was thinking back then I was just really freaked out about germs.

And yeah, in wisconsin there are farms all over...and today we had out windows open and a farm smell came in out house from a breeze.