TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Europa Park

For all you readers: Me, my brother and parents went to the Black Forest in Germany this week and our parents let us go to Europa Park. We had 2 really good days at the park; to bad it was soooo hot (35°C)

Ok so here I found myself back at the entrance gate of one of the best themeparks of Europe (and perhaps the world). But other then my last visit, Silver Star, Schweizer Bobbahn, Poseidon, Pegasus, Atlantica Supersplash, Tiroler Wildwasserbahn, Fjord Rafting and some other rides where open.

I deceided to begin with Eurosat, the indoor coaster located in the huge silver ball (it was now a large football), since my brother never went on a decent coaster and I wanted to give him a fast and cool first ride ever. The queuarea was completely full, so we had to wait 15 min before boarding the silver spacecraft (this ride has 7 trains, the queu just kept moving). After a short wait just outside the station, the train began moving on the spiral-lifthill. You get these cool trancemusic and lasereffect to get in the mood for the whole space-thing. After reaching the top, the train plummets in a righthand turn. That's where the misery begins: this ride is really rough. You get shaked from left to right and it just hurts so much that I wanted to get out. It's such a shame 'cause the ride itself is themed good, with stars, comets, and a cool light tunnel. After this tunnel, the train hits the brakes (wich are painfull too) and you're back in the station. Conclusion: the whole space concept is cool and good, the capacity is really good, but the ride itself just sucks, and that's even a understatement.

After this painfull experience (which my brother found fairly good; I was relieved he didn't hate coasters) we went to the Schweizer Bobbahn, a surprise, surprise bobsleigh! The queu was again full, but we deceided to ride it anyway. After 20 min and a beautifull queu, we entered the trains. There where 4 trains with 5 cars each, and the rideoperator told us to sit in the same car (we wanted to sit in different cars, but couldn't to increase the capacity). The ride was actuallt really fun: after the lift you go in a large righthand turn, followed by a surprisingly deep dip. The most funny and frightening thing about this dip was that there where 4 caps on the bottom! I thought we'd derail! Then after a blockbrake you get some great helixes and the the ride is over. This one is again well themed, is fun but far to short.

Next stop was the Universum der Energie, a dark ride themed to dinosaurs. The dinosaurs where realistic (except one which had a too small head ) The ride itself was good and surprisingly.

When we got to the exit we headed to the Russian sector of the park. Euromir immediately draws attention with its 5 shiny mirror-towers. This ride looks so good and fun to do. The queuline was really long but the sign in the beginning said 'a 20 min wait'. Also worth saying: the queu runs under a true repoduction of the spacestation Mir.

The station of the coaster is really cool: it has backlight, so everyone with a white T-shirt really glowed in the dark .

The trains of Euromir all have 4 cars, with 4 seats 2 by 2 with the backs against eachother. The lift of this ride is simular to that of Eurosat: a spirallift in the dark with cool music. Except on this ride, the cars would spin during the lift. When you're on the top, 2 doors open and you're 28m high up in the sky. The first part of the ride is a lowspeed, spinning ride around the towers. Then the highspeed part comes after a blockbrake: first a drop to the right and back up to the right (the cars spin 180° on top of this hill) and then a twisty ride around the towers. This ride is really cool if it wasn't somewhat rough in some places. It really reminded me of Eurosat, in both good and bad way. But overall a turbulent and fun ride.

Austria came after Rusland and we immediately queued for the Tiroller Wildwasserbahn. It's just a log flume, so not much to say about this ride, except that it has a beautifull indoor section.

Atlantica Supersplash was next up. The queu was again beautifully themed, with animatronics and nice details. We only had to wait 10 min before entering one of the large 16-person boats. After the lift and the turnaround (so you're now facing backwards) you get a dip. It was alot deeper then it appears to be and I was really surprised. Then you're turned again facing forwards and there's the big drop. It really wasn't that good as a expected. Even the little hill after the drop couldn't amuse me. The splash also wasn't what I expected. So overall a fun ride, but not really thrilling (exept for the dip in the middle) nor wet.

We hit Poseidon on the way back to the entrance. Here we had the longest queu of the entire 2 days: 45 min! Luckily it was very nicely themed. The ride itself is fun, but sometimes rough. There are 2 lifthills: one with a coaster section behind it and another one with a steep drop. Me and my brother got very wet because a wave entered the boat and we sat in front. It was really refreshing.

After a quick lunch, it was time to hit the big one, Silver Star. My brother deceided to not ride it so a got in the queu alone. At a certain point you have to deceide wether to ride it in the front row or in the others. Since this was my first megacoaster I queued for the front. And so I entered the coaster after a 30 min. wait. After socializing with some english girls on the lift, the drop awaited me. What a feeling! It was just amazing. And for those who might be afraid of that new wall they built: you don't even pay attention to it! You're more busy with the giant drop in front of you than with a stupid wall on the side . So after this amazing drop (which was a bit rough IMO) we rose again in a lefthand turn. And I felt the most intense airtime that I ever experienced in my life. I was sooo good. The rest of the ride is also very good, espacially the S-bend near the end: you really get thrown to the left and than immediately to the right. Don't forget to smile because you're being shot on camera!

New this year was Pegasus - the YOUNGstar coaster. There where very little people queuing so we deceided to give it a shot. It turned out to be really cool: It's fast, twisty and smooth. The predrop gives some fun airtime when you're in the back. Too bad the ride is short...

The next stop was the Matterhorn Blitz. The queu was again beautifully and very short (10 min). This wild mouse is different from the rest I've seen because of it tilting vertical lift and it's first drop. Really fun. After the drop you get the traditional wild mouse stuff: sharp turns and little dips. A great ride!

There also was a darkride in Russland with snowtheming and Sleighcars, but I can't recall the name. It was so old and empty with people that I actually felt sorry for the animatronics and rode it 3 times in a row...

We spent the rest of the day and the following one redoing these attractions. So during these 2 days I rode Eurosat 3 times, Euromir twice, Poseidon 3 times, Matterhorn Blitz twice, Schweizer Bobbahn 5 times, Atlantica Supersplash once, Tiroler Wildwasserbahn once, Universum der Energie twice, "crazy snow-darkride" 3 times and Silver Star 14 times.

This park is just amazing. The atmosphere is fantastic and everything is well-themed. Just go look for yourself, I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

EDIT: I forgot I also rode Fjord Rafting and Alpenexpress 'Enzian'. Both were nicely themed but weren't very good.

P7210049JPEG.JPG.fcf33be61f980dd93f719b00b44ddcb9.JPG

Me posing with my Silver Star flag. How cool!!!

P7200039JPEG.JPG.30f8a6cfcad9acc2fa007e3b8f68a255.JPG

Sleighcars or whatever they're called. I really felt sorry for the animatronics that this ride was basically empty with people...

P7200046JPEG.JPG.9d827abbb25e5123c1c020f5ac71cb92.JPG

Me enjoying the sun in front of the Silver Star building.

P7180012JPEG.JPG.a722fe7f46d4f0c6d7aaa0d710785b2a.JPG

Another view of the SLR

P7200044JPEG.JPG.1b51876854205d80f58e2c7a67f3b7b5.JPG

This was random theming in the Silver Star hall

P7200047JPEG.JPG.4b74eb6b4630b60cfff6487ecc46ff70.JPG

Silver Star hall with queu and nerd in the middle (I don't know this guy by the wayà

P7180013JPEG.JPG.bbb7344e58e9af45be126bdc33097a55.JPG

Silver Star!!!

P7200036JPEG.JPG.9ec7544134ff5960fa8e89ada4867f83.JPG

This stupid wall is built because people were complaining about too much noise. Luckily it doesn't really ruin the first drop

P7200048JPEG.JPG.cd02f323758d41d0852e605d8779d1b1.JPG

Combo shot of Poseidon and Silver Star

P7200043JPEG.JPG.465b83319666a4d9eab1e5de3a817585.JPG

The station of Pegasus is built in the perimeter of Poseidon

P7180008JPEG.JPG.43624380f9f8e3563b088dc9cc5989d6.JPG

Station of Poseidon

P7180007JPEG.JPG.141951633e1c9560d0241ebbd416ab50.JPG

Queu of Poseidon

P7180006JPEG.JPG.53775406f0bd3ffb4f266870c1700c01.JPG

Splash!!!

P7180010JPEG.JPG.d84185485869b41dfe1e81ef78a60c7f.JPG

The final drop of Atlantica Supersplash. It looks cooler than it is...

P7180009JPEG.JPG.89509741fbd5e43c52a310ce2f129a9d.JPG

Atlantica SUPERSPLASH

P7200042JPEG.JPG.f6a0f3b01d47d480929f09e6625b9be1.JPG

Euromir is badass:)

P7200040JPEG.JPG.6bcd56a49a8de07d291d9085ece57d16.JPG

Just some random theming: a huge satellite dish

P7200038JPEG.JPG.4565be576bc2616a872fd2fae44530a4.JPG

Euromir's towers looks soo beautifull

P7180005JPEG.JPG.63524bf667f301ccdcfeea23ba273273.JPG

My brother making an ignorant face in the Swiss part. Notice how it appears his left arm is missing!

P7180003JPEG.JPG.2dbb255e3b266661953c2bc1ad146e1f.JPG

Hot bobsled action

P7180004JPEG.JPG.2d7a0bc0e8b6cccd4557ab3edbd1ee3f.JPG

The Schweizer Bobbahn.

P7200045JPEG.JPG.19c972f60c92c11149acf78f157002d8.JPG

OMG, IT'S FIFA APPROVED!!!

P7180002JPEG.JPG.665765fdf0f58a7ff04e4ce09a3d6c61.JPG

Eurosat's funky station.

P7200037JPEG.JPG.e3ad353658ab1c4e9773c5ddba841756.JPG

Upon entering we headed straight to the silver ball known as Eurosat.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great TR, i love to hear about this park and it looks great, unfotunately i havent visited it yet and won't soon. You seem to find many coasters rough, i've heard of Euromir being kind of rough but all the others i've heard to be smooth. Anyway i can't wait for the foto's, and thanks for the great report (of an equally great park)!

You seem to find many coasters rough, i've heard of Euromir being kind of rough but all the others i've heard to be smooth

You have to go ride Eurosat!

I was really scared my camera would be damaged with al that shaking

But maybe I just went when they where somewhat rough... On my previous visit (in the winter) Euromir and Eurosat weren't so rough as now. They where alot more fun back then

• 2 weeks later...
That flag is awesome! Did you really buy it? How much? My goal is to make it to Germany next summer.

I bought the flag and it costed only 12,5 euros.

I you want to go to Germany this summer: I have a tour in mind through Belgium, France, Germany and the Netherlands, with a 2 day stop at Europa Park. Contact me if you're interested. Here's some info:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27598

Mmm, how far is the ride by car from Brussels to this park? Looking for some other parks to go to this summer after going to Parc Asterix 2 days ago, and it's probably going to be Six Flags Holland and this one if it isn't too far by car.