TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags has Disney

I'm surprised that this is not a topic yet, but there is an article saying that a woman at Six Flags Darien Lake came across a store that looked like a Disney Stor. When she went inside, the store was selling Disney products. Honestly, I'm not teribly surpised this happened. Sharpio used to work with Disney, and he probably still has some access to some of the Disney merchandise. But to me it's still pretty pathetic to sell a competitor's merchandise.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SFOT has it as well .. I see nothing wrong with it .. all three compaines are making money off it ..

1) Disney - Product Liscensing

2) Distribuitor - DUH

3) Six Flags - Mark-Up

Not a bad move at all .. since EVERYONE knows Disney and kids eat it up.

I wonder if they sell Disney tickets in those stores. I could use 1 for my trip next weekend, and I'll be up near Darien Lake this weekend. I could just swing by there to pick them up, it'd be a lot easier than going to the mall

It's not really that unusual when you think about it...Six Flags is just an amusement park company, while Disney is a huge corporation that makes toys, cartoons, movies, etc...their amusement parks are just one of many facets of the company, whereas for Six Flags, the amusement parks basically ARE the company. They aren't selling tickets to the amusement parks or anything there, so it's really not like selling stuff from a competitor.

So I guess the games departments at Six Flags should stop offering prizes like Spiderman, Shrek and Spongebob since those are not owned by Six Flags? Give me a break.

If it sells, I say sell it. Make as much money as you can so you can build more coasters.